Could Shady be in mix?

Ga boy

Some combination of Shady to get one of Cleveland's picks ... maybe #21, Shady, and our 2nds.  To get our QB, all options must be on the table.  Am I serious or delirious?  

• Like (+1) 1

Never say never but moving Shady is a bit asnine 

what would be the perfect safety blanket for you rookie QB? 

Shady Brings so much running and catching that would help a rookie QB tremendously 

• Like (+1) 3

He stays here.  A rookie QB needs a few things.  Good OL, good TE, and good RB.  We have 2 of the 3 (OL question mark).  I think we add another RB.  We need more depth there.  I get the cap hit of Shady and the age, but he is still productive.  

If you look back from 2025 and said “wow we have a franchise QB and we are currently contending every season and all it took was giving up draft picks and LeSean McCoy”..you probably wouldn’t find too many people dissing the move when looking backx

Problem is we are in the here and now and 

you just might find it impossible to get people onboard to it in the present.

• Like (+1) 1

Best player on offense hands down and still a dangerous player for us.....loves playing here.....getting rid of him should not even be a consideration IMO

• Like (+1) 2

Shady isn’t going anywhere. We still have a defensive-minded HC that believes in running the football. Shady is an elite runner, receiver and blocker. He is the perfect back to pair with any QB. They need a viable option to spell him but he isn’t going anywhere. 

I could see Tyrod, 21 & 22 (and maybe a 2019 pick) to get to 4 (especially if Cleveland takes Allen). 

I've entertained the idea of trading McCoy in my head at times, but ultimately I hope he retires a Bill.

Hall of Famer easy, by the time he hangs em up.

6 minutes ago, 87168 said:

why is 25 constantly mentioned in the context of a trade? 

it's crazy. 

Because he's great! 

Put him on a team like Green Bay and they're instant Super Bowl favorites.

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

why do people want to trade our best player ?

Personally I just don’t see McCoy being a factor or even a member of this team when their real window could potentially open.

now I could be wrong, the “process” could move way faster than I expect and Buffalo could be a serious contender annually by 2019 and at that point McCoy is 31.

but if we roll a Rookie QB I would say the “window” won’t be until 2021 or 2022

which puts McCoys age at 33/34.

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

why do people want to trade our best player ?

I think people know he's great but want to get the best bang for the buck. If we trade him while his value is high rather than the downside of his career, we'll likely get more.

Not saying I'm a proponent of trading Shady, but nothing should be off the table.