Could Shady be in mix?

Ga boy

3 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I think people know he's great but want to get the best bang for the buck. If we trade him while his value is high rather than the downside of his career, we'll likely get more.

Not saying I'm a proponent of trading Shady, but nothing should be off the table. 

The same could have been said for Kyle a few years ago. Does anyone regret that he stayed? 

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Some combination of Shady to get one of Cleveland's picks ... maybe #21, Shady, and our 2nds.  To get our QB, all options must be on the table.  Am I serious or delirious?  

Shady has one year left on his deal which makes him a worthless bargaining chip especially to a team that would not be in contention next year.

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

If you look back from 2025 and said “wow we have a franchise QB and we are currently contending every season and all it took was giving up draft picks and LeSean McCoy”..you probably wouldn’t find too many people dissing the move when looking backx

Problem is we are in the here and now and 

you just might find it impossible to get people onboard to it in the present.

Exactly, if it works you're happy. If it doesn't work, and one of the QBs that was available at 21 ends up being that franchise QB anyways, we're pissed. It's like going for it on 4th and 11 on your own 30. If you get it, and eventually score a Touchdown on the drive, and win the game by 1 point, you're happy. If you don't get it and lose by the number of points the other team score on the ensuing drive, you're pissed. I would rather only trade picks to move up, I don't want to move our best offensive player. If Kyle and Eric are both gone, shady could be the new leader of that locker room.

Edited by wagon127
  • Like (+1) 1

There is absolutely positively no chance Shady would be part of the deal. One thing that helps a rookie QB is a strong running game. I believe Beane is smarter than dealing his only consistent playmaker on offense. 

The only way I would make this trade is a Shady and our firsts for both their firsts. From there I'd move the 4th and a second or 3rd to move up to 2. Rosen and Barkley.

Why would Cleveland want a 30 year old running back on the last year of his deal? The Browns need draft picks more and more draft picks. 2 second rounders and a running back who maybe has 1 more really good year left is not a good return on the first overall pick. 

If the Bills want to get pick 1 they will likely have to give up a package of picks that at least contains both 21 and 22, next years 1st, and a 2nd this year (maybe Tyrod as a throw in if they want him.) 

22 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Shady has one year left on his deal which makes him a worthless bargaining chip especially to a team that would not be in contention next year.

Good point. I would ship him out for a QB in a second though. Love shady, but a guy already having taken a step back who will be retired soon would be fine with me for a potential 10 year starter at QB. The QB is infinitely more important and it's not even close. And we could still draft RB amd sign a vet RB and be ok, but where are you finding a franchise QB elsewhere? Sure, MAYBE Cousins could be, but we would have to gut the team to afford his 12 billion dollar cap hit.

Not that any of that matters, as you said tje Browns won't do it anyway.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Shady isn’t going anywhere. We still have a defensive-minded HC that believes in running the football. Shady is an elite runner, receiver and blocker. He is the perfect back to pair with any QB. They need a viable option to spell him but he isn’t going anywhere. 

I could see Tyrod, 21 & 22 (and maybe a 2019 pick) to get to 4 (especially if Cleveland takes Allen). 

I am not advocating this, btw. Just thinking out loud...

Shady, Cordy, 21 & 22, 3rd-ish 2019 Pick to NYG - Helps NYG with winning quickly and obviously helps us....

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Never say never but moving Shady is a bit asnine 

what would be the perfect safety blanket for you rookie QB? 

Shady Brings so much running and catching that would help a rookie QB tremendously 

And he has very little trade value.

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Shady, Cordy, 21 & 22, 3rd-ish 2019 Pick to NYG - Helps NYG with winning quickly and obviously helps us....

I think that’s more than the Bills will be willing to give up. If you substituted a 2nd for Shady I could see it.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that’s more than the Bills will be willing to give up. If you substituted a 2nd for Shady I could see it.

Oh I agree! 

I was trying to keep with the theme of the thread and think about where I could see Shady having some value in a trade namely a team with and older QB who would like to try to make a run. Seemed like NYG might be the only one willing to bite...

3 hours ago, nucci said:

why do people want to trade our best player ?

Because there isn't a demand for their worst players.....

People also get too wrapped up in picks and rebuilding that they expect things have to be turned over 100% or that all players must be under a certain age to rebuild, no veterans until your good enough to compete

Trading McCoy would allow the fans to get a parade in Buffalo though, a Browns style 0-16 parade

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

No team is taking a $9M cap hit for a 30 year running back

He is more valuable to the Bills then he could be nearly anywhere else. He has carried this Team.

Next year we can discuss again i am sure. 

But this year? 

Nope

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Barkley to the Giants if that is their plan

40 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I get he's getting older but when you only one legit offensive weapon, you don't trade it away.  

This is just so darned true.

there are other ways to get up to This Mythical QB.

Mortgage the draft perhaps. yay.