TRADE UP ... YOU PICK THE QB & HOW HIGH YOU PAY

Candidly .. I'm not in for Rosen, Darnold, or Allen .. let the top couple picks have them.  I don't want to Mike Ditka the draft for any of those guys.

My vote would be to trade into picks 7 - 10 .. not as steep of a price ... (Tampa has Jameis) ,8 (CHI has Trubisky) .9 (SF has Jimmy G), or 10 Raiders have Carr ... get Baker Mayfield.  This trade also assumes Cousins signs with Denver, Browns, or Jets.

We give up Pick # 21, Pick #53 for this year and next year's #2 pick.

Otherwise if he's gone Sit tight and hold 21 and 22 .. don't take a QB there ... as history shows pick #22 for a QB is a death spiral.  Take the DL and C Price.

Edit .. Oh well ... given torn pec .. updating this comment ... maybe Lamar at 21

Edited by WideRightRevenge

7 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Don't see your thoughts White Linen .. make a counter offer

My counter is shut this thread down as there's nothing original here deserving.  C'mon man, post your thoughts in one of the other many many threads on the exact same topic. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Candidly .. I'm not in for Rosen, Darnold, or Allen .. let the top couple picks have them.  I don't want to Mike Ditka the draft for any of those guys.

My vote would be to trade into picks 7 - 10 .. not as steep of a price ... (Tampa has Jameis) ,8 (CHI has Trubisky) .9 (SF has Jimmy G), or 10 Raiders have Carr ... get Baker Mayfield.  This trade also assumes Cousins signs with Denver, Browns, or Jets.

Otherwise if he's gone Sit tight and hold 21 and 22 .. don't take a QB there ... as history shows pick #22 for a QB is a death spiral.  Take the DL and C Price.

i agree with this. hopefully tt and /or glenn saves us next year's second, but again free agency with qbs could change the whole landscape and maybe even send baker down to 21. that to me would be a gift. i heard one talk on  950 today that some draft guru had baker as a mid to late round pick , but also had him as the no. 2  behind rosen. i'll take that all day long.

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

Rosen.

#21, #22, 1st pick in round #2, 2019 #1, Glenn.  As many moves as it takes to get up there, but those are the current assets I would use, less than that if I can.

Yep, Rosen at pick 2 but hopefully the relationship with Gettleman gets it done for less. Both 1sts, a 2nd, Glenn, maybe a 2nd next year and then have a whole year to figure out who to trade to get it back

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If not Rosen......dont trade up at all and take Lamar Jackson with 21st pick.

If Rosen....I am prepared for the price to be heavy....both 1sts....his years 2nd....next year's first

I wouldn't do this even for Rosen. That's too much. Football is a team game. We have a lot of pieces missing. No thanks. I take my chances with Lamar Jackson.

If Colts made Andrew Luck available for trade, I would definitely trade all my picks for him no doubt. That dude is worth it.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

Whatever it takes to get one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.

Nobody knows who the best QB in this class will be, but it it most likely to come from one of those three.  So, if I am the Bills, I find the guy I like the most and then spend whatever it takes to get him.

It's time to take a swing.  If you hit it, you're good for 10-15 years.  If you miss.....or if the guy you get is just average.....guess what?  There is a draft every year and you can try again in a couple years.

We've been trying to build a team at every other position to hide an inadequate QB for almost 20 years now.  The one thing we haven't done yet?  Trade up to the very top of the draft for a potential blue chip prospect.  It's time to take that chance.  Whatever it takes.

• Like (+1) 1

Rico is spot on for Rosen at #2.  His upside is Aaron Rodgers.  

But I would try to get Allen at 7-10.  I think it can be done without giving up as much.  The draft value of picks 7-10  is from 1500 to 1300 points.  Which means trade #21 (800) and #22 (780) plus a throw in 3rd in 2019.  That should be enough to get someone to make the deal.  OR you could keep #22 and give up both #2 (370/350) a fifth this year and 3rd next.  I would rather have two second round picks instead of #22.  

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

But I would try to get Allen at 7-10.  I think it can be done without giving up as much.  The draft value of picks 7-10  is from 1500 to 1300 points.  Which means trade #21 (800) and #22 (780) plus a throw in 3rd in 2019.  That should be enough to get someone to make the deal.  OR you could keep #22 and give up both #2 (370/350) a fifth this year and 3rd next.  I would rather have two second round picks instead of #22.  

If you could make any trades like you suggested then great BUT the cost will be much higher. There are many QB needy teams that will cause the price to be way up there. Maybe if you include next years first instead of the third. 

Maybe both seconds this year instead of next years first.

I could be wrong and hope I am. There’s just too many teams looking to grab one of these QBs. In no way should we stand pat and select a QB like Jackson or Rudolph. Trade the farm. It’s time to get that QB we’ve so desperately needed.

Edited by dlonce

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Rosen.

#21, #22, 1st pick in round #2, 2019 #1, Glenn.  As many moves as it takes to get up there, but those are the current assets I would use, less than that if I can.

It's about right I think, but I believe we're going to have to do a double trade - one trade to get us up into the 10-15-ish realm, possibly pre-draft and involving a pick swap, #2 pick and a player or something like that.  Then go up from there.  I think the guys in the top 5-8 picks don't want to go all the way down to #21/22 even if they're both this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

If you want Allen, how do you address the concern about QB who haven't thrown over 60% completions in college, faring poorly in the pros?

Especially when you watch his film, or clips of him being asked to throw at net #2 and throwing over it?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Rosen.

So we would be left with the following:

ROUND 1

Josh Rosen.

ROUND 2

56th overall.

ROUND 3

96th overall.

ROUND 4

121st overall.

ROUND 5

158th overall.

166th overall.

Edited by PIZ

3 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

This

11 minutes ago, PIZ said:

So we would be left with the following:

ROUND 1

Josh Rosen.

ROUND 2

56th overall.

ROUND 3

96th overall.

ROUND 4

121st overall.

ROUND 5

158th overall.

166th overall.

Works for me. Plenty of picks left to have a very nice draft this year.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Love it.  Whatever it takes for Baker, and your price is CHEAP!

Baker is the biggest competitor in this year's draft, at any position.  He's a winner.  We can never have enough of those!

But, I'm an Okie, and a die-hard Sooners fan, so I'm biased, of course :)

47 minutes ago, Pete said:

I say trade down and stock pile picks this and next year

Bad, BAD idea this year.  That's what we did last year for THIS year.  Now is our time to strike.

That being said, I'd really like to know where your profile pic comes from.  That is quality!

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Rosen.

Sounds about right. And I might take Darnold or Mayfield also.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you want Allen, how do you address the concern about QB who haven't thrown over 60% completions in college, faring poorly in the pros?

Especially when you watch his film, or clips of him being asked to throw at net #2 and throwing over it?

At Wyoming, he played in an offense that more closely resembles an NFL offense.  He has a big arm.  Same HC as Carson Wentz. Spread guys pad completion % with WR screens.

I really like the 7-10 range, but chips gotta fall just right.  Barkley and Chubb taken in top 4, Browns take Darden, Denver or Jets get Cousins ... then Mayfield, Rosen, and/or Jackson will slide.  I say target SF at 9, and give'em #21, Glenn, and 2018 or 19 2nd.  A similar deal would work with Raiders at 10.  We should keep a 1st rounder.  I think Rudolph and Allen could be had at 21/22.  Again, chips gotta fall just right.  Don't trade up for Allen because he's 3 years away.  If we don't get QB in 1st, draft a couple of the 2nd tier guys (White, Fergy, Lauletta) later. 

7 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I really like the 7-10 range, but chips gotta fall just right.  Barkley and Chubb taken in top 4, Browns take Darden, Denver or Jets get Cousins ... then Mayfield, Rosen, and/or Jackson will slide.  I say target SF at 9, and give'em #21, Glenn, and 2018 or 19 2nd.  A similar deal would work with Raiders at 10.  We should keep a 1st rounder.  I think Rudolph and Allen could be had at 21/22.  Again, chips gotta fall just right.  Don't trade up for Allen because he's 3 years away.  If we don't get QB in 1st, draft a couple of the 2nd tier guys (White, Fergy, Lauletta) later. 

Many mocks have Allen going 2nd.  Im not saying you are wrong but I would shocked if Allen makes it to 10 without some team moving up to get him.  

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's about right I think, but I believe we're going to have to do a double trade - one trade to get us up into the 10-15-ish realm, possibly pre-draft and involving a pick swap, #2 pick and a player or something like that.  Then go up from there.  I think the guys in the top 5-8 picks don't want to go all the way down to #21/22 even if they're both this year.

HBF, I think yours is one of the most sober and realistic approaches, I have read,  on how the Bills can hop to top 5 pick land... thanks!