Giants not likely to move away from Eli

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22605110/new-york-giants-bullish-eli-manning-open-trading-no-2-pick

It is possible this is a smokescreen to get the Browns to not go for a QB with #1.

But if true, this completely shakes up the draft. Now only the Browns,  Broncos, Jets & Cards (picks in front of us) are QB needy. Assuming Cousins goes to Minny, if a couple of the  above teams go with the members of the Minny troika (Bridgewater, Keenum and Bradford) or AJ McCarron - we can get one of the top 4 QBs without moving up!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Been saying it all off-season. They may be in the QB market, but I'm thinking more the Mike White/ Kyle Laulettas of the draft.

That said, would be a great landing spot for Allen so he has a few years to learn. But Barkley would look good in Blue. So would Billy Price after they trade back. Going to be a fun draft.

36 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Been saying it all off-season. They may be in the QB market, but I'm thinking more the Mike White/ Kyle Laulettas of the draft.

That said, would be a great landing spot for Allen so he has a few years to learn. But Barkley would look good in Blue. So would Billy Price after they trade back. Going to be a fun draft.

But those QBs ren’t the ones that “matter” according to Beane.

9 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

But those QBs ren’t the ones that “matter” according to Beane.

Actually we really have no idea which QBs "matter" to Beane. If a GM is sitting at 21 and 22 with no interest of trading up, Darnold/Allen/Rosen won't matter...they will be gone. Maybe to him Jackson/Rudolph/White matter because they are in his range. Classic case of assuming he's meaning what we are all hoping for.

That said here's to hoping he pulls that trigger and makes a move on up...

3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I could see Luke Falk going to the Giants day two or three. He's been compared to Eli a few times, and could be groomed. I still like the guy. 

...could see Gettleman counting on Eli for a MAX two years.....trading out of #2 for pick(s) (and not with McBeane IMO), shoring up their O line, and addressing RB situation later as well as a later QB to compete with Eli & Webb in TC.......just an opinion.....

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

"When New Orleans was having that great run, part of it was the Super Bowl win, what did they do – they had two hog molly guards because there isn’t a quarterback alive who’s gonna get in the huddle and say, OK boys, let ‘em up the middle and I’ll deal with it," Gettleman said. "You need to be firm in the middle."

LOL

Sounds as though Gettleman has a viewpoint on what Eli's problem may have been

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If we were to go to 2 and get Rosen or Mayfield I would lose my ****.  Picks 21, 22, one of our seconds and next year's first, I don't care if that is what it takes.  If you are right about the QB, he is worth twice that amount.  I hope they pull the trigger this year.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"When New Orleans was having that great run, part of it was the Super Bowl win, what did they do – they had two hog molly guards because there isn’t a quarterback alive who’s gonna get in the huddle and say, OK boys, let ‘em up the middle and I’ll deal with it," Gettleman said. "You need to be firm in the middle."

LOL

Sounds as though Gettleman has a viewpoint on what Eli's problem may have been

That is a great line :)

I honestly think guard play is underappreciated.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

They already have a Lauletta/ Mike White type in Davis Webb.

27 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Yup. That the last regime drafted. They may not like him or had him rated high. 

He did beat out Baker Mayfield at Texas Tech. He’s a decent prospect. But it’s true that this regime may not value him. 

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That is a great line :)

I honestly think guard play is underappreciated.

Got to build from the center out on each level on both sides of the ball.

Having said that,  I think Gettleman knows exactly what he is doing. If the Bills want the Giants pick it will probably take 3 first rounders and another second rounder.

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Got to build from the center out on each level on both sides of the ball.

Having said that,  I think Gettleman knows exactly what he is doing. If the Bills want the Giants pick it will probably take 3 first rounders and another second rounder.

There was a report out there that it would take our two firsts, Glenn, and a 2nd next year. If so, it's pricy but I would absolutely pull the trigger if the Bills think they have their man.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, kdiggz said:

I wonder who the Giants will draft at 21 and 22

With Cordy Glenn on board I'm thinking Billy Price and the best linebacker on the board. They are shifting to a 3-4 defense, so they will need more picks to fill it out. B-)

If they sign Andrew Norwell, they may find themselves in the Super Bowl next year. Glenn, Norwell, Price is a great way to re-build an offensive line. That is why I think they trade down. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With Cordy Glenn on board I'm thinking Billy Price and the best linebacker on the board. They are shifting to a 3-4 defense, so they will need more picks to fill it out. B-)

If they sign Andrew Norwell, they may find themselves in the Super Bowl next year. Glenn, Norwell, Price is a great way to re-build an offensive line. That is why I think they trade down. 

I am a big fan of Cordy Glenn, big fan. I would hate to see him go, even with his injuries and potential for more, even with his big contract.

THAT SAID, if we could get to number 2 by just trading our two firsts this year, Glenn and one of our seconds....I would do that in a heart beat. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

There was a report out there that it would take our two firsts, Glenn, and a 2nd next year. If so, it's pricy but I would absolutely pull the trigger if the Bills think they have their man.

This would work IMO.  It is about the max package.

I believe teams negotiate against themselves too often.  No other team can offer 2 ones this year other than Cleveland and they have no need to do so.

Chicago's trade last year is a good example of ovepaying.  Make your offer and hold tight - if fair the NYG may bite.

8 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I would trade him Glenn and keep the first rounder either this year or next.