Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I love that “the offensive line intentionally threw the 1st half” isn’t an excuse. It is one of the most ridiculous “justifications” that I have ever seen on this board. Ha ha, it MAY be dumber than Mario for Skelton. 

Really Kirby, I respect your posts most of the time, please dont get all skanky your better then that 

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're the entertaining one here. thin skinned and always seems upset by the anti taylor crowd.

popcorn can never run out with the entertainment you provide.

I see blood pressure meds in your future unless of course you already take it.

and you're routinely a jerk in any thread you enter......... "carry on"

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

The talk was about how the team threw the game to support Tyrod over Peterman. You called it dumb to suggest the team wouldn't do that even though there is evidence of different. Now you call me ignorant, does calling names make you feel powerful? Pretty impressive how the COT resorts to name calling all the time whenever they do not like a conversation against there saviour.

Written without a shred of irony...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

The talk was about how the team threw the game to support Tyrod over Peterman. You called it dumb to suggest the team wouldn't do that even though there is evidence of different. Now you call me ignorant, does calling names make you feel powerful? Pretty impressive how the COT resorts to name calling all the time whenever they do not like a conversation against there saviour.

Any evidence to support this giant conspiracy? 

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Really Kirby, I respect your posts most of the time, please dont get all skanky your better then that 

It’s a terrible take

Just now, xRUSHx said:

And even more name calling

call it how I see it. I said its silly to think they threw that game. and somehow you say "more tyrod excuses"...... do you understand how unrelated that is? you don't. and that's the problem here.

I literally gave tyrod no thoughts when I made my initial comment.

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Bumped for Kirby

well there ya have it! they threw the game! literally no crappy offensive lineman has missed an assignment on an elite pass rusher before! they obviously did this for taylor!

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

takes one to know one, stank

I don't disagree with that.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You're better than this awful take. I think.

lol.... have you read anything from him since midseason? he's most definitely not above this.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

difference is you seem to like to use the little petty insults, but it's understandable considering the source.

go back and read what I initially wrote about rush saying the game was fixed and then him saying it was a taylor excuse..... that's honestly just a really dumb/ignorant response. It warranted saying so. 

good talk, bruh. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Here is the rest of Rodhack's tweet

Mike Rodak Retweeted Mike Rodak

Overall, here are Taylor’s stats since 2015 when trailing by 8 or fewer points in 4th quarters:

Win%: .167 (T-42nd, 3-15)

Comp%: 53.5 (33rd)

Y/A: 6.41 (28th)

TD/INT: 0.6 (T-33rd)

PSRT: 58.1 (35th)

TD/A: 4.2% (23rd)

INT/A: 7.0% (36th)

FD/A: 26.8% (31st) SACK%:

9.8 (35th)

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

These stats are the nail in Tyrod’s coffin for me...if he is the starter next year, odds are we are not going far imo.

This is why stats overall have to be taken in context, the PPG, offense ranking, TD/INT ratio (overall) are good, but these honestly are the stats that matter IMO. These are the reasons I want him gone...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Not if we can’t produce more than 3 points or 150 yards passing...lol... so comical how people defend these stats :lol:

What stat did I defend, exactly? Our team wins more than it loses when he plays QB. I don't expect that to change after another offseason with this FO, even if he remains the starter.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Here is the rest of Rodhack's tweet

Overall, here are Taylor’s stats since 2015 when trailing by 8 or fewer points in 4th quarters:

9.8 (35th)

and some want him under center going forward.

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Not if we can’t produce more than 3 points or 150 yards passing...lol... so comical how people defend this :lol:

pathetic. it was great breaking the drought but it was a shame he and the offense could not score more then 3 points.

but hey hey, it wasn't his fault.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

pathetic. it was great breaking the drought but it was a shame he and the offense could not score more then 3 points.

but hey hey, it wasn't his fault.

Is there anyone who wants Taylor as their first choice?

It strikes me that the Tyrod Taylor debate is essentially between those who utterly despise him, and inflate their opinions with cherry-picked data, meaningless invective, outright lunacy, and (as I believe is your case) straw-man arguments versus those who view him as somewhere around average, with clear downsides, and upsides, but not the worst option we have. 

At this point, I don't even think Transplantbillsfan has TT as his first choice. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

It strikes me that the Tyrod Taylor debate is essentially between those who utterly despise him, and inflate their opinions with cherry-picked data, meaningless invective, outright lunacy, and (as I believe is your case) straw-man arguments versus those who view him as somewhere around average, with clear downsides, and upsides, but not the worst option we have. 

At this point, I don't even think Transplantbillsfan has TT as his first choice. 

Except the pro Tyrod arguments use just as many out of context stats and straw man arguments.  

• Like (+1) 3

bingo

The arguments are the same on both sides with the cherry picking, straw man etc....

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/27/2018 at 11:10 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

what the hell does what I said have to do with tyrod or how is it an excuse? get a grip man. you've lost it.

can somebody seriously be this ignorant? its honestly impressive!

xRUSHx sounds like he joined Gino in flat earth society.

• Haha (+1) 1

I suck at searching but I have a bet with someone that Tyrod will make at least $10M this year. The loser can never post here again (at least I think). If they pick up the option he is guaranteed that whether with the Bills or elsewhere. We are about to lose a poster (but I don’t remember whom). 

Btw @C.Biscuit97 PM me your address because I owe you beer from the EJ bet. My favorite local IPA is out now (Jucifer). It is a FANTASTIC beer.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:24 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Who?

I want Andrew Luck, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Cousins, maybe Jackson... then Taylor.

That's eliminating all those out-of-the-box guys like Drew Brees, who might be a UFA, but c'mon... anyone really think he's not resigning with New Orleans?

Obviously I take Brees in a heartbeat.

So honest question, who has Taylor as choice # 1 or even choice # 2?

I think there's a delusion on this board that there are people who want the Bills to go this offseason without acquiring a long-term upgrade at QB over Taylor and I don't think I've seen any single poster say that.

Have you?

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/27/2018 at 12:09 PM, Reed83HOF said:

This is why stats overall have to be taken in context, the PPG, offense ranking, TD/INT ratio (overall) are good, but these honestly are the stats that matter IMO. These are the reasons I want him gone...

If these stats matter please show the correlation to winning. I don’t think there would be good correlation to overall winning percentage. 

The reason folks point to TTs int% is because IIRC turnover margin is directly correlated with winning. 

43 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

If these stats matter please show the correlation to winning. I don’t think there would be good correlation to overall winning percentage. 

The reason folks point to TTs int% is because IIRC turnover margin is directly correlated with winning. 

Here are the stats that matter and are related to winning the game (well in TTs case, not winning the game)

9.8 (35th)

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Here are the stats that matter and are related to winning the game (well in TTs case, not winning the game)

9.8 (35th)

Yeah I saw those stats and recreated the data set even (in the thread you started IIRC). I didn’t see the correlation to overall winning %, which is why I asked for the analysis. Cause isn’t overall winning % what we’re looking to do?  I have seen turnover margin correlated to winning. If necessary I can pull the TO margin data.

I don’t disagree that TT sucks in these situations. But it really speaks to how well he performs the “game manager” role that he can be so terrible during these situations and still have a winning record with 2 years of poor defense.

Also I believe these stats indicate that when the game is on the line he will take chances (both TD% and INT% are above his average), which is something I have heard cast against him before. 

They say they’re not gonna cut him and he’s the best bridge QB we have on the team. That sorta leaves trade him, start him, or start then bench him as the only options.

On 2/28/2018 at 7:13 PM, YattaOkasan said:

Net turnovers is the single largest Corollary to winning and losing games in the NFL.  There's are of course always exceptions.  Based on every NFL game played in the last 40 years, if a team is +1, they win the game 90% of the time.  If they're +2, that climbs to about 95%.  +3 gets you to almost 99%.  The single biggest problem pointed out by many with Taylor is that he's just not capable of winning games.  He does little to capitalize when the defense gives him an opportunity to do so.  I'm sure you could pull these metrics for many more starters, but if we simply look at the golden standard that is Tom Brady, we can quickly draw the conclusion.  In 8 games last season, the Patriots were in the positive in turnover ratio.  In those games, they were +10 in turnovers and +60 in total points scored.  6 points per turnover is not bad.  The Bills on the other hand in 10 games were +20 in turnovers for only +44 in points scored.  2.2 points per turnover.  Everyone saying that Tyrod doesn't lose games for this team is right, but he sure doesn't win them either.  The Bills were one score winners in six games last year where they had a positive turnover ratio.  That's pretty pathetic.

• Thank you (+1) 2

The correlation to winning and turnovers is actually around 78%.

http://www.footballperspective.com/winning-the-turnover-battle/

16 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Net turnovers is the single largest Corollary to winning and losing games in the NFL.  There's are of course always exceptions.  Based on every NFL game played in the last 40 years, if a team is +1, they win the game 90% of the time.  If they're +2, that climbs to about 95%.  +3 gets you to almost 99%.  

On 2/28/2018 at 8:57 PM, Reed83HOF said:

9.8 (35th)

OK, let's look at the last five instances where this situation occurred :

• Jacksonville : Taylor went out with a concussion : Inconclusive
  • Tampa Bay : Late game heroics. A three-play drive including a 44yd pass sets up the win
  • Cincinnati : Taylor played poorly.
  • Carolina : Taylor overcame a bogus OPI call to set-up what would have had a final second TD pass - but for a young receiver's inexperience
  • Miami (2016) : Taylor comes back from 14pts down three times in the game, and put the Bills ahead with eighty seconds left, by a TD pass on 4th and goal. 

Seems to me the record is 3-1 looking strictly at Taylor's play in end of fourth quarter situations over that span. Of course you can blame him for Jones having zero ball awareness or the comedy of errors resulting in the '16 Miami loss. It's probably Taylor's fault because he didn't "elevate" his teammates, right? But Watkins would have caught that Carolina ball ten of ten times, and the NFL win probability is over 90% with a lead under 90 seconds left. Advanced NFL Stats actually has a chart on this.

More stats that matter, huh?

https://priceonomics.com/modeling-the-probability-of-winning-an-nfl-game/

• Like (+1) 2