Baker Mayfield won’t attend NFL draft

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Good for him. I hope he gets really drunk and enjoys his evening instead of having a camera shoved in his face all night.

He can do that at the draft. Roll in wearing a Ezekiel Elliott half shirt, jorts and a igloo cooler full of Natty Light. After each selection that isn't him, pop another beer and slam it down. If he falls in the draft, it'd make for great TV. How blitzed can Baker get? How many will it take to pass out? 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Disappointing if he gets drafted by us. I want that moment of watching our future QB wearing the hat and holding the jersey. 

If he goes anywhere else, he can stay at home

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd be able to get out of bed and go to work the next day it would be so crushingly disappointing.

I mean, I might give up watching football, or at least rooting for the Bills, entirely without that photo op of Mayfield in a Bills hat standing next to Goodell.    

I'd go if I got the invite. 100%. And I wouldn't care if I didn't get the call until half way through day 2, but that is a personal decision and I understand someone not wanting to.  As Yolo said his mum's health may well be a significant factor here. 

I don't think Mayfield is going to fall.  Just like last year when at this time people we saying "there might only be one Quarterback that goes in the first round" and I was saying "three could go in the top 10" and was out by only two picks - there are going to be at least four Quarterbacks taken in the top 15 this year. As last year showed, if the teams sitting up there don't want to take them there are deals to be made now with the revisions teams have made to the trade value chart that makes it affordable and attractive to go up and get a guy knowing you have five cheap years under the existing CBA.  Missing on a Quarterback at the top of the draft doesn't kill you anymore like JaMarcus Russell did the Raiders. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, papazoid said:

he's angling to go to Miami

Report: Dolphins set March meeting with Baker Mayfield

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/20/report-dolphins-set-meeting-with-baker-mayfield-before-his-pro-day/

Mayfield would be a good fit for them. They have too many guys just collecting checks he could change the culture a bit.

I don't blame him for staying home, family and friends is where it's at.