Bears looking set to release Glennon

BuffaloBillyG

19 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Maybe @DFT should chime in here? After all, he is the “real deal” according to my good buddy...

Thanks for all he does!

Yes, Glennon was signed and then they drafted Trubisky.

Oh...  I’m the REAL DEAL.  Like...  really, REALLY sorta REAL!  

The question you should be asking yourself though is, is this really where you want to be, when Jesus comes back?

is it?

On 2/14/2018 at 7:00 PM, JohnC said:

Tyrod Taylor being the starting qb next year is unacceptable. Whatever option is available needs to be taken. If a bad option is better than what our current situation is I'm for it. If its not Glennon then let it be someone else. I'm no longer receptive to watching a pop warner offense. 

You sir, are a dead horse-beater.

Not just any dead horse either - a dead horse that has been basting and cooking with maggots out in the summer sun for more than a month now.   That kind of dead horse.

5 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

You sir, are a dead horse-beater.

Not just any dead horse either - a dead horse that has been basting and cooking with maggots out in the summer sun for more than a month now.   That kind of dead horse.

If the horse is dead why are you responding? 

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

Apparently you don't realize it is dead.    What is obvious to everyone else is yet still unapparent to you.    If it doesn't twitch you can stop whacking it.  K?

Again, you respond. If you don't like what is being said then don't respond. 

33 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

With the way the Bears are right now with zero offensive talent I can't see any QB putting up numbers. Trubisky is going to look a lot better with another team than with the Bears. I could see the Patriots signing Glennon.

True enough. But it's kinda funny you've watched the Bills drain away offensive talent the past two years - coupled with injuries to the o-line and receivers - added to needless scheme change (the o-line particularly effected) and then you're first in line to whine about Taylor "regressing"

Newsflash : If Taylor gets on a team with a half-way decent offense he's "going to look a lot better"

Remember what happened the fifteen games Taylor had Woods and Watkins on the field?

63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Something like that........

19 hours ago, grb said:

How wrong can one person be? 

I'll agree there's only a small likelihood Taylor is a Bill next year, but Peterman's odds are actually worse. 

Let's do the math :

1. The Bills will draft a quarterback high in the draft and his job is safe.
  2. The Bills will not accept going into the '18 season with rookie & Peterman. Even if Taylor is cut, they'll bring in a veteran
  3. The odds they'll bring in a veteran less fit to start than Peterman are microscopic
  4. Even if they do keep three quarterbacks, the odds are better for swiss-army-knife Webb, than Nate.

So it's the practice squad or getting cut outright. How could you misread things so badly?

I predict that the Bills will showcase Peterman heavily during the upcoming preseason trying to earn a trade offer for him somewhere.     If nobody bites - they boot him to the curb.   and fans will gripe - "he played well in preseason."

46 minutes ago, grb said:

True enough. But it's kinda funny you've watched the Bills drain away offensive talent the past two years - coupled with injuries to the o-line and receivers - added to needless scheme change (the o-line particularly effected) and then you're first in line to whine about Taylor "regressing"

Newsflash : If Taylor gets on a team with a half-way decent offense he's "going to look a lot better"

Remember what happened the fifteen games Taylor had Woods and Watkins on the field?

63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Something like that........

I don't see Taylor ever getting back to the numbers that he put up in 2015. That was his first season in the NFL, once defense's got game film on Taylor he has gone downhill since. We have been average talent wise but not Bears bad. Taylor had his shot and I really don't see him being that much better anywhere else. 

5 hours ago, PolishDave said:

I predict that the Bills will showcase Peterman heavily during the upcoming preseason trying to earn a trade offer for him somewhere.     If nobody bites - they boot him to the curb.   and fans will gripe - "he played well in preseason."

..."showcase" a 5th rounder who hasn't even STARTED to cut his teeth at this level?....SHOWCASE?........hell I'd bet a 1st and 2nd are in our future at least..

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/14/2018 at 6:00 PM, GunnerBill said:

No, no, no, no..... NO. 

I'd rather re-sign EJ. 

I have said this before, but the perspective is important enough to restate. 

The Bills traded down and got an extra pick, for the best QB in the draft class (however the worst draft in ages). I will never fault them for that pick IMO given  the value with perspective. They didn't miss in Losman fashion. they found value and selected the best QB in the draft. 

He blows. I get it. But that doesn't make it a terrible roll of the ice. We would all roll the dice on that pick in another year/not EJ. Best pick at Qb at 16, with an extra pick on the second. You would take that 10/10 times. 

7 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Ah, another QB gem from the 2013 draft class. Not only unable to produce any legit starters, but arguably also not even able to provide decent #2's. One of the all time worst years for QBs

.....how soon before the "let's bring him in" threads start??...............

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

With the way the Bears are right now with zero offensive talent I can't see any QB putting up numbers. Trubisky is going to look a lot better with another team than with the Bears. I could see the Patriots signing Glennon.

It will prove your favorite coach is a genius!  Make sure you get your bet in NOW on the 19-0 season!

Glennon has shown over time whether he was with the Bucs or the Bears he has to have a clean pocket to be effective. This is something the Bills are not great at and he would simply be an immobile tackling dummy in the backfield. When given time to throw he can move the ball up and down the field unfortunately not many teams have that luxury.

23 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't see Taylor ever getting back to the numbers that he put up in 2015. That was his first season in the NFL, once defense's got game film on Taylor he has gone downhill since. We have been average talent wise but not Bears bad. Taylor had his shot and I really don't see him being that much better anywhere else. 

But I wasn't talking about 2015, was I? The numbers I quoted combined 2015 and 2016, with most of the games from '16 coming in the second half of the season - after Watkins was back from Injured Reserve. Surely teams teams had "game film" on Taylor by then. Bottom line? Over two years and fifteen games, whenever the Bills organization got a pair of quality wide receivers on the field with Taylor, he played well above average. If you put him on - say - the Dallas Cowboys, I'd bet he outperforms Dak. How can I know that? Well, look at the final NFL passer ratings this past season. Taylor was above Prescott, despite Dak's better running attack, better receivers, and much better offensive line. Meanwhile, by the 2017 season the Bills had dumped Hogan, dumped Goodwin, dumped Gillisilee, dumped Woods, dumped Watkins, given up on Harvin & Karlos, and needlessly sabotaged the best rushing attack in the NFL with a stupid scheme change. I'd say that's more relevant to Taylor's "regression" that any "game film" nonsense. The whole "game film" thing tends to be sport-cliche-blather, and here that's clearly so......

Edited by grb
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2018 at 5:00 PM, JohnC said:

Tyrod Taylor being the starting qb next year is unacceptable. Whatever option is available needs to be taken. If a bad option is better than what our current situation is I'm for it. If its not Glennon then let it be someone else. I'm no longer receptive to watching a pop warner offense. 

You do realize that if you bring in a QB that is worse than Tyrod that the offense will just get worse, right?

Not saying Glennon is or isn't worse because I don't know. Haven't watched him much.

If you replace Tyrod, it has to be for a veteran that is better, or for a draft pick that you are gambling on. If you want a bridge QB, just keep Tyrod.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:54 PM, billsfan11 said:

Ok...... And??...

and....if they do move up and get rosen or mayfield, they may think that with another camp and preseason  that we will be ok with starting nate until the rookie is ready. they can also draft a project qb in the later rounds.

they could save a ton of money by not overpaying an oft injured or mediocre backup to be a bridge....which all will be overpaid due to the bidding of qb needy teams.

that money could be a huge factor for free agent pickups. i know i'll get flamed for being a peterman supporter but could care less.

i see talent in the kid. his outings could not have possibly been under worse conditions or circumstances. he's quick, accurate, has great ball placement and well enough grounded to bounce back from the adversity....and asinine play calling.

look at the last few minutes of that saints game. that's what i believe he is capable of every week. if this defense performs at the very least to the level of last year and we have healthy receivers, he will score points and we will win games.( i don't care about the fact that he's a 5th rounder...our starter was drafted lower.)

unless they somehow get foles or mc carron, this is what i think they will do. it makes sense even if they stand pat and take rudolph.

9 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Ah, another QB gem from the 2013 draft class. Not only unable to produce any legit starters, but arguably also not even able to provide decent #2's. One of the all time worst years for QBs

it is ironic that glennon is the only one left standing out of that class.......

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...maybe Raiders re-sign EJ...then there will be TWO, right?..............

thought e.j. was no. 3 on that chart...i may be wrong. i do however remember that off season with it being such a loaded class...geno, nassib,  ej., barkley, glennon etc...and nobody was right:blink:

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

thought e.j. was no. 3 on that chart...i may be wrong. i do however remember that off season with it being such a loaded class...geno, nassib,  ej., barkley, glennon etc...and nobody was right:blink:

...yup, he's #3.......oddity is that Buddy's first choice was Genome until they flew down for interview and workout.....plane ride home was, "um no thanks"....plenty of Glennon posts before he signed with da Bears, so those may be regurgitated shortly.........with the amount of time recently spent in Bflo, "Fitzy" threads could be coming to a front page near you...........

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yup, he's #3.......oddity is that Buddy's first choice was Genome until they flew down for interview and workout.....plane ride home was, "um no thanks"....plenty of Glennon posts before he signed with da Bears, so those may be regurgitated shortly.........with the amount of time recently spent in Bflo, "Fitzy" threads could be coming to a front page near you...........

i wouldn't be surprised . just heard him in an interview recently and he wants to continue and feels he'd be a good mentor.

heck, he probably could have got us to 10-6 last year.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Llama available!

9D831444-6611-422A-BD7D-723A6B0D882C.jpeg

20A8E15D-F577-4495-88AC-C21C4E90AA0D.jpeg

That head appears to be quite aerodynamic and almost spear like. It has to be an asset on QB sneaks. 

Edited by simool

He's the perfect bridge QB if you draft a 1st round guy. He gets put in as the starter at the beginning of the year, doesn't look good and forces you to start the 1st rounder without fans and media complaining and will probably make the 1st rounder loom better then they are when they step in and things at worst stay the same or improve......

On 2/17/2018 at 11:53 AM, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Glennon has shown over time whether he was with the Bucs or the Bears he has to have a clean pocket to be effective. This is something the Bills are not great at and he would simply be an immobile tackling dummy in the backfield. When given time to throw he can move the ball up and down the field unfortunately not many teams have that luxury.

This^^^. Bills need a mobile QB with the line that they have. Mayfield would be perfect, Rudolph a good second option. Glennon would be better suited in New England. They've done a great job protecting an immobile QB for this millenium.