Zolak appology

Cmdjr85

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh noooo

80086818-4B1E-48FC-9258-4957E7CB92A5.jpeg

Not a true fan. He left the SB due to his son being sick. Grab the kid a garbage pale. 

The Eagles should make Wahlberg an honorary captain for the SB, think he'll accept? Just one condition. He dresses up as Vince Papale. 

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

Derogatory? Seriously??? Thats pretty lame.

I second that considering that is how we are referred to by the national press.  Someone has a Napoleonic complex it seems.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

That's great, Who the hell is he/she?

It's funny that people fail to realize the so called "BillsMafia" the ones lighting themselves on fire and jumping through tables are a very small percentage of Bills fans. True fans like many on here are just passionate individuals that love their football team and would never think of doing any of that crap. So, its rather insulting to refer to the entire fan base as that part of the BillsMafia.

But, who am I? I'm still under the notion that I've never met a true "patriots" fan besides this one guy that was able to name the QB before Bledsoe. So, I throw all patriots fans under that same notion majority of the time

I'm in agreement with this.  And I think it accurately describes most bandwagon Pats*** fans in Boston.  When this "dynasty" began, few Pats** fans I knew had any clue about the teams past, etc. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

I'm in agreement with this.  And I think it accurately describes most bandwagon Pats*** fans in Boston.  When this "dynasty" began, few Pats** fans I knew had any clue about the teams past, etc. 

I live on Long Island and go to watch the games every Sunday at the same spot. There are more Pats fans than any other fans. None of them are M!@#$chusetts. 

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Any time someone refers to our fan base as “Bills Mafia” it is an insult. Why can’t we drop that childish derogatory name already? I’m pretty damn close to putting it on the ban filter. 

Amen.  I dislike the ridiculous name.  If these people actually understood what the Mafia was all about ..   millennials 

58 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I know you don't like it but it's too late to shut the barn door. That name is established nationally. FWIW, I don't consider it demeaning. If anything, it's distinctive. It's not another (blank)-Nation, at least.

if you ever had to survive a pipe bomb thrown at the restaurant window you ate at in the 70's and 80's you would think better of this.     You didn't :censored: with those people, AT ALL.  

Watch the Soprano's and triple the threats 

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Amen.  I dislike the ridiculous name.  If these people actually understood what the Mafia was all about ..   millennials 

if you ever had to survive a pipe bomb thrown at the restaurant window you ate at in the 70's and 80's you would think better of this.     You didn't :censored: with those people, AT ALL.  

We do understand what the mafia is about...it was about providing protection for people who needed it that couldnt get it from anywhere else due to unscrupulous activity...just watch Goodfellas

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Any time someone refers to our fan base as “Bills Mafia” it is an insult. Why can’t we drop that childish derogatory name already? I’m pretty damn close to putting it on the ban filter. 

I don't know, man.  Do we really need to rush out looking for something to get offended about?

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

As an American Italian who grandparents on both sides came to America from Sicily to find a better life in the streets of NYC, I wish they would use a reference to Italians that more Americans could get behind.

Like, Bills WOPS.

Who's with me?

Or Bills Guinea (pigs)? :D

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I am not a big fan of the term either.

I do seem to recall that it was a former Buffalo Bills player or players that came up with this term while they were playing with the Bills.  If I recall correctly, it was one or both of Nick Barnett or Kawika Mitchell.  

I am sure that they did not mean anything negative by it notwithstanding its negative connotations . . . unless, of course, you are a member of the Cosa Nostra, own a small olive oil company through which you are laundering money, have a silent interest in Bada Bing or various construction or waste management companies in or around northern New Jersey, or refer to what you do as "this thing of ours."

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't agree with this at all Scott. Think it actually has a quite positive connotation now, and people from all over the country recognize it as such. Table slamming is now seen as "all in good fun" (sans fire) and Bills fans as a whole are seen as a fun loving bunch. 

I have absolutely zero issue with Bills Mafia..my only wish is Del and 26 shirts would get more publicity from it.

When Bill Cowher slams tables on CBS invoking BillsMafia, it's hit the mainstream. Also Jim Rome refers to BillsMafia as something cool.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I agree---even the national media is using it a lot. Bills fans should start a movement----we are not Bills Mafia  !!!

2 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Scott Zolak appolgized to bills mafia, said they have class and the eagles fans are the worst. Violent fans. He said he wil never say anything bad about bills mafia again.

I mean who throws beer cans at parents and kids because they are going to watch a game.

I realize that life is a matter of context and degree, but Zolak's views with respect to gratuitous and unjustified violence seem a bit inconsistent.  I suppose that, in this instance, he was concerned that somebody might have been, you know, concussed by being hit in the back of the head by a forcefully propelled inanimate object.  Perhaps he should rethink his view of Gronkowski's ambush of the prone Tre White. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

When I run into a Bills fan they never say "oh Bills Mafia" 

When an opposing teams fan sees the Bills gear they are more likely to say it. 

Makes me think the phrase has a negative vibe attached to it. Almost like a hey "are you one of those dipshits"!?

Maybe I feel that way because I get spammed with Barstool videos of Bills fans acting fans and the name is always attached.

Just now, SectionC3 said:

I realize that life is a matter of context and degree, but Zolak's views with respect to gratuitous and unjustified violence seem a bit inconsistent.  I suppose that, in this instance, he was concerned that somebody might have been, you know, concussed by being hit in the back of the head by a forcefully propelled inanimate object.  Perhaps he should rethink his view of Gronkowski's ambush of the prone Tre White. 

Zolak is a tool. He was using the apology to express how disgusted he was at the Philly fans and even expressed concern for Pats fans safety in Minni.

Zolak not only bashes Bills fans but he destroys the entire place whenever it's a game week. Saying how he flys in and then leaves because it's a cesspool and so on. He is a middle aged frat boy that still thinks he is in college. Can't stand him.

48 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We do understand what the mafia is about...it was about providing protection for people who needed it that couldnt get it from anywhere else due to unscrupulous activity...just watch Goodfellas

This is true. As an Italian immigrant my grandpa couldn't go to the police because they were racist and corrupt. The mafia protected his rights as an American when others wouldn't. It was often a necessary evil