Benjamin is a #1 WR

The guy has great hands, can separate and uses his large frame very well. He can have Larry Fitzgerald and Brandon Marshall (in their prime) numbers with a good QB that's not afraid to throw. He is always open.

We can get someone on the other side to stretch the field through FA like Mike Wallace or John Brown. Don't waste a high pick on a WR.

• Like (+1) 5

Disagree.  Don't think he has great hands not from watching him in Buffalo.  He's nowhere near Fitzgerald or Brandon Marshall in terms of talent. He's got fast tight end speed, slow for a WR.  He's a #2 or #3 receiver IMO.  Bills need a true #1, one that has speed, hands and can run all the routes.  That said he is a good addition if the Bills can add a #1. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

The guy has great hands, can separate and uses his large frame very well. He can have Larry Fitzgerald and Brandon Marshall (in their prime) numbers with a good QB that's not afraid to throw. He is always open.

We can get someone on the other side to stretch the field through FA like Mike Wallace or John Brown. Don't waste a high pick on a WR.

He's not as good as this fan base thinks he is.

On a good team he's more like a 2.

I love his size.

I think he has the potential to be, but I can see him getting blasted in the knees his entire career.  No one in their right mind is going to tackle him up high.  He needs focus on maneuvering out of harms way and not taking the brunt of the tackle.  Tough to do when you’re his size.  I hope he can be great, I just have my doubts he’ll ever be healthy. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that he is okay. He’s more of a number 2 and they may not have another NFL receiver on the roster. Hopefully Zay develops and I like Thompson some but this isn’t a good group. It’s a huge weakness and in desperate need of speed.

I disagree...

I think D. Thompson is absolutely an NFL wide receiver and a good number 2.....if Zay can live up to his draft hype in year 2 they are in very good shape.   I have not given up on Zay.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that he is okay. He’s more of a number 2 and they may not have another NFL receiver on the roster. Hopefully Zay develops and I like Thompson some but this isn’t a good group. It’s a huge weakness and in desperate need of speed.

If he's a number 2, he'd be a hell of a number two. I'm with Yolo, let's see what he can do healthy with a real quarterback.

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Pay the man then!

If he's that good then 5 years $80-$85M sounds about right for a guy with better numbers when healthy than Davonte Adams(and he's played 14 or more games each year except the ACL tear year in 2015).

Amirite?

Yeah........I think I'm holding off on the Larry Fitz and Marshall comparisons.  

He's more of a potential stud #2 WR than an excellent #1 and I think that is where Carolina was in the evaluation as well.   

Still need a field stretching X or Z and optimally THAT is the guy you pay long term and fill in around.    KB may prove an awkward fit down the road.

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

What's the knock on Thompson? I haven't studied his game but as a casual observer it seems like he gets open, has decent hands, and great speed. Obviously he has weaknesses or he wouldn't have bounced around the league, but what are they?

He is certainly worthy of occupying a spot on the roster, as a number 4 WR he is pretty dam good depth and can make a play now and again. But he just isn't a dynamic enough player to be anything other than depth. But it is puzzling that he isn't on an NFL roster, dude can play and you need depth in the league. 

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Pay the man then!

If he's that good then 5 years $80-$85M sounds about right for a guy with better numbers when healthy than Davonte Adams(and he's played 14 or more games each year except the ACL tear year in 2015).

Amirite?

Yeah........I think I'm holding off on the Larry Fitz and Marshall comparisons.  

He's more of a potential stud #2 WR than an excellent #1 and I think that is where Carolina was in the evaluation as well.   

Still need a field stretching X or Z and optimally THAT is the guy you pay long term and fill in around.    KB may prove an awkward fit down the road.

I see Benjamin as a low-end number 1 or a high-end number 2. That's a nice starting point for the receiving core. But unles s you resign Matthews and have a lot of faith in Zay Jones there certainly needs to be an addition made at the receiver position.