Benjamin is a #1 WR

25 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I disagree...

I think D. Thompson is absolutely an NFL wide receiver and a good number 2.....if Zay can live up to his draft hype in year 2 they are in very good shape.   I have not given up on Zay.

I like Thompson but he was released from the Bears. Zay had one of the worst seasons an nfl receiver has ever had. That’s not hyperbole either. His catch percentage was historically bad. 

It’s okay to hope for improvement but it’s almost impossible to consider them good at this point. The passing game was atrocious. It’s not just the QB or the OC. The lack of separation and YAC coupled with a staggering amount of drops is not encouraging. That doesn’t even account for the fact that they don’t have a single pass catcher that requires an extra defender ever. This group needs at least 1 starter and potentially another in the 2 deep. Right now they are one of the worst groups in the league.

He's a true number one and if used properly with a good QB he could easily get 75 receptions at 15 ypc with 8-10 TD's.    Thompson is a good enough to be the number with Zay as the 3 but I'd rather have another quality, speedy #2 to go along with Benjamin.

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that he is okay. He’s more of a number 2 and they may not have another NFL receiver on the roster. Hopefully Zay develops and I like Thompson some but this isn’t a good group. It’s a huge weakness and in desperate need of speed.

This. I think ala Stevie he’s another low end number 1 but good number 2. He comes with limitations and that’s before knee questions. Comparing him to Larry Fitzgerald (a top 2-3 talent for a long stretch) is unfair to both guys. 

I think Matthews walks (hopefully a comp pick down the line) and we add a low-mid vet with speed and a day 2 wr

benjamin

zay

vet with speed 

rookie who has a full skill set 

thompson

and maybe one of those guys or a late draft pick takes over return duty at 6

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

This. I think ala Stevie he’s another low end number 1 but good number 2. He comes with limitations and that’s before knee questions. Comparing him to Larry Fitzgerald (a top 2-3 talent for a long stretch) is unfair to both guys. 

I think Matthews walks (hopefully a comp pick down the line) and we add a low-mid vet with speed and a day 2 wr

benjamin

zay

vet with speed 

thompson

That’s how I see it. I will throw out Paul Richardson in FA and Anthony Miller in the 2nd.

38 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that he is okay. He’s more of a number 2 and they may not have another NFL receiver on the roster. Hopefully Zay develops and I like Thompson some but this isn’t a good group. It’s a huge weakness and in desperate need of speed.

I was going write something rude to my friends here.

about the condition of Bills WRs

I should just leave it at that.

but they really suck. all of them excepting Shady and Clay.
 just embarrassing really.

maybe when Benjamin gets his knee cleaned up he could be a 2-3

14 minutes ago, elijah said:

Kelvin is fine at number one if we can add a number two with both speed and reliable hands.  Keep Zay in the slot and add a quarterback and our passing offense is fine. 

yes Zay has shown he is capable ^_^

58 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Disagree.  Don't think he has great hands not from watching him in Buffalo.  He's nowhere near Fitzgerald or Brandon Marshall in terms of talent. He's got fast tight end speed, slow for a WR.  He's a #2 or #3 receiver IMO.  Bills need a true #1, one that has speed, hands and can run all the routes.  That said he is a good addition if the Bills can add a #1. 

On the money. And with damaged knees.

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

benjamin

zay

vet with speed 

thompson

I am not optimistic about how Bills valued Receivers last season.
can you send Jones back down to PS for awhile ?

awful. and you want him at #2 ?

agreed bring in vet and draft one that can start on ANY team.

How about Reilly coming up ?

51 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Really happy with our WR core....I would like to see a pure speed guy that can get behind the defense added.

Zay Jones, Deontae Thompson, Matthews, Benjamin...They might be the worst foursome in the league to base your passing offense on.

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Top 4 Reception leaders this season 

Clay, McCoy, Thompson and Zay Jones.   

It would be nice to see him at the top.  

you should post the stats to see the huge gaps

shows why you do not bring up a College WRs Coach . bad season for Bills WRs 

heck O'Leary might have more Rec than Jones lol

Edited by 3rdand12

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

you should post the stats to see the huge gaps

shows why you do not bring up a College WRs Coach . bad season for Bills WRs 

heck O'Leary might have more Rec than Jones lol

Big gap between 1 and 4.  

Too much work on a mobile to post the numbers.  If I remember tomorrow I will.  

43 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I am not optimistic about how Bills valued Receivers last season.
can you send Jones back down to PS for awhile ?

awful. and you want him at #2 ?

agreed bring in vet and draft one that can start on ANY team.

How about Reilly coming up ?

I wasnt truly ranking them but essentially calling for two guys that can compete at a high level. I don’t think we add an elite vet as we are probably paying Benjamin so I picture 2-4 being role players next year with hopefully zay or the (likely day 2) rookie stepping up long term in that scenario

Edited by NoSaint

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Disagree.  Don't think he has great hands not from watching him in Buffalo.  He's nowhere near Fitzgerald or Brandon Marshall in terms of talent. He's got fast tight end speed, slow for a WR.  He's a #2 or #3 receiver IMO.  Bills need a true #1, one that has speed, hands and can run all the routes.  That said he is a good addition if the Bills can add a #1. 

They really need a decent wr who can stay healthy. I wasnt blown away by anything 

I saw from him, i dont think they have  a true 1 on the roster

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

The guy has great hands, can separate and uses his large frame very well. He can have Larry Fitzgerald and Brandon Marshall (in their prime) numbers with a good QB that's not afraid to throw. He is always open.

We can get someone on the other side to stretch the field through FA like Mike Wallace or John Brown. Don't waste a high pick on a WR.

Yeah, he is a number 1, problem is he gets injured too often. So ya gotta have a 1A.

Edited by OJABBA

48 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s how I see it. I will throw out Paul Richardson in FA and Anthony Miller in the 2nd.

Bingo. Dream offseason something like this: 

free agency add an impact player to the d line, and a steady vet at wr and lb. literally any cheap rb.

If we can package 21 and next years 1 for a qb, impact lb at 22

then WR and a defensive lineman day two and rb at the end of day two or early day 3

Gaines/what to do at CB2 is the only thing left open at that point. Maybe the extra day two pick

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Big gap between 1 and 4.  

Too much work on a mobile to post the numbers.  If I remember tomorrow I will.  

no worries. 

everyone should take note whom the leading Rec in catches is though.

21 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I wasnt truly ranking them but essentially calling for two guys that can compete at a high level. I don’t think we add an elite vet as we are probably paying Benjamin so I picture 2-4 being role players next year with hopefully day or the (likely day 2) rookie stepping up long term in that scenario

fair call. I do not see them using FA more than they feel necessary. Benjamin might be an example of the  McBeane method.
So much depends on what they can acquire at QB this off season.
I do think KB can be a fine player here. 

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Bingo. Dream offseason something like this: 

free agency add an impact player to the d line, and a steady vet at wr and lb. literally any cheap rb.

If we can package 21 and next years 1 for a qb, impact lb at 22

then WR and a defensive lineman day two and rb immediately on day 3

Gaines/what to do at CB2 is the only thing left open at that point. 

always a worthwhile read and dialogue  NS.
ty