Power Struggle in New England between Kraft, Brady & Belichik

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

The Patriots did not make the playoffs in 2008 led by Cassell.

The '08 Pats are the only team in the 12 team playoff era to miss the playoffs with an 11-5 record.  That was Belichick's best coaching job.  Matt freaking Cassell.

i do think there has always been an elephant in the room.  the question of coach or qb always comes up (as far as credit).  

i could definitely see brady freaking out trying to last to belichicks end.  if belichick dumps brady to the cardinals, brady stinks there, and garapollo's patriots dont miss a beat... what does that do to brady's legacy?  he still would have it, but the background grumbles of belichick's mastery would be too much for brady to handle.

Edited by May Day 10

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Would you guys take Tom Brady in Buffalo?

Asking for a friend.

If this happened, OBD may spontaneously combust.

That would be something though if Belichick orchestrated a trade of Brady to get the last laugh.

4 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

If this happened, OBD may spontaneously combust.

That would be something though if Belichick orchestrated a trade of Brady to get the last laugh.

That seems impossible now. As the article states: "Brady won." Kraft will keep him until retirement.

This adds another team to the QB list, since the Pats will now be looking for another QB in the 1st or 2nd.

So, Brady's head got way too big. The stuff about TB12 being more like a cult than a workout/nutrition plan is interesting...

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Nah.  Belichick to the Jets.  :w00t:

In the article they say Belichick still has a grudge against the Jets for how they treated him.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

That seems impossible now. As the article states: "Brady won." Kraft will keep him until retirement.

This adds another team to the QB list, since the Pats will now be looking for another QB in the 1st or 2nd.

So, Brady's head got way too big. The stuff about TB12 being more like a cult than a workout/nutrition plan is interesting...

I had been thinking that I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pats traded up in the draft to get one of the QBs

4 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

In the article they say Belichick still has a grudge against the Jets for how they treated him.

I had been thinking that I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pats traded up in the draft to get one of the QBs

That would be one head-scratchingmove since they already had a potentially elite QB groomed and ready on the sidelines.

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Exactly what I said. Since their first game versus Buf, he has been bailed out by Gronk and his RB's both on the ground and through the air. Definitely beatable. 

If, and obviously this is no guarantee, we get to them next week, then I’d love to rush 3 or 4 all day again and let him stand back there.  The guy can still beat the blitz — the first third down of the second half in the game here was a good illustration of that — but maybe he’s beat up and getting a little skittish.  KC showed the world how to beat this incarnation of the pats.  Rope a dope Brady, attack the edges of their d with speed, and have your qb make a couple of plays.  It wouldn’t surprise me if the pats win the super bowl, and it also wouldnt surprise me if they lay an egg at home.

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How many teams can have their starting QB get knocked out and even make the playoffs?  How'd Green Bay do this year without Rodgers?

So is McCarthy the key to Green Bay's success because they were able to win a few games without Rodgers?

Obviously, i hate the Pats insanely, but there is nothing here.

There is too much success and too much to lose for this Big 3 to break up.

That being said, I 100% believe Belichick wanted to keep Jimmy G and have him take over. Kraft was never going to sign off on pushing Brady out the door, so Belichick lost that battle.

Nothing is going to change.