The lone Bengal: Ex-Cincy WR Brandon Tate says his former team is prepped to help Bills on Sunday

The lone Bengal: Ex-Cincy WR Brandon Tate says his former team is prepped to help Bills on Sunday

The #Bills are rooting for the #Bengals harder than ever before. They need a Cincy W over the #Ravens to make the postseason.

No one in BUF knows Cincy more than Brandon Tate.

Tate's talked to former teammates this week and adds there's some extra reasoning for them to pull off a win because of it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good find! This reminds me of when Vince Williams from the Steelers told his brother Karlos that he’d buy him SB tickets that year if the Bills knocked off the Jets in 2015, sending the Steelers to the playoffs 

Thanks, it's from my site. New beat reporter on the block covering the Bills. Not a blogger (although some of them are good), I'm there in the room/ at presser/ etc. a couple times a week. Hope folks don't mind me posting my stories here from time-to-time. Just found out about TwoBillsDrive. Seems like fans here are pretty legit, wish I found out about it before Week 17. :wacko:

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Welcome to the board. Thanks for joining!

Thanks! Hope fans are gentle I know there's a lot of love for my buddy Rodak out there... :wub:

Also love hearing feedback/ story ideas/ questions anyone has for players out there! Again, wish I found this place before Week 17. Happens though...

10 minutes ago, BuffaloFootballBeat said:

The #Bills are rooting for the #Bengals harder than ever before. They need a Cincy W over the #Ravens to make the postseason.

Tate's talked to former teammates this week and adds there's some extra reasoning for them to pull off a win because of it.

Great read. Welcome.

Keep em' coming! Not to worry, we post fervently all year round.

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bengals are motivated and play like they did last week against the Lions they can win this game especially if they want to send Marvin Lewis out on a high note and prevent a hated division rival from getting into the postseason.

Another stat in the Bills favor is that the Bengals have won something like 7 of the last 10 against the Ravens, however worth noting a lot of those wins came during the Bengals playoffs seasons since 2011.

Regardless still think this is the only viable path for the bills to make the playoffs (Winning at Miami and having the Ravens lose). Because asking both the Chargers and Titans to lose home games simply isn't realistic especially with the Chargers going up against a bad Raiders team.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloFootballBeat said:

Thanks! Hope fans are gentle I know there's a lot of love for my buddy Rodak out there... :wub:

Also love hearing feedback/ story ideas/ questions anyone has for players out there! Again, wish I found this place before Week 17. Happens though...

There is tons of top secret Bills news to report on that’s only known to this board! Check out the “more from OBD” thread. It’s hard to believe it’s all stayed secret for so long! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, BuffaloFootballBeat said:

Thanks, it's from my site. New beat reporter on the block covering the Bills. Not a blogger (although some of them are good), I'm there in the room/ at presser/ etc. a couple times a week. Hope folks don't mind me posting my stories here from time-to-time. Just found out about TwoBillsDrive. Seems like fans here are pretty legit, wish I found out about it before Week 17. :wacko:

Welcome.  Please post and talk about Bills topics when you can.

Better late than never finding this site.

Edited by Happy Gilmore
Edited to comply with site TOS.
  • Like (+1) 1

As long as we win the game, I feel we’re headed in the right direction.  It’s a game we’ve lost throughout the drought and that needs to change on Sunday.  Whether or both the other teams win or lose, I just want to see this team come through and show some resolve

26 minutes ago, BuffaloFootballBeat said:

Unfortunately, our rules here don’t allow this.  Our community is solely for the use of legitimate  community members. We don’t consider registrants who join to drive traffic to their websites to have joined in good faith. 

If you would like to stay and discuss the Bills please do. But you’ll need to leave your personal business out of it. 

17 minutes ago, boco357 said:

A lot of inexpensive tickets 30-40 dollar range for Ravens game on Stub hub.

Be nice for someone to do us a solid.....once.

The Ravena are not some.powerhouse team. There is no reason the Bengals cant go in there and win a low scoring game...they have the defense to get after Flacco if they want to play.

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Unfortunately, our rules here don’t allow this.  Our community is solely for the use of legitimate  community members. We don’t consider registrants who join to drive traffic to their websites to have joined in good faith. 

If you would like to stay and discuss the Bills please do. But you’ll need to leave your personal business out of it. 

Interesting read...maybe you should consider posting his stories on the main page. I'd rather read this than Jerry Sullivan's same column 12 times a season trying to find a new way to bash the Bills

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Good find.. but good god, who writes/edits these articles? I sure hope they're not getting paid to do it.... 

Agreed.  Does anyone proofread these things?  Improper punctuation, omitted words, less than stellar grammar.  Yikes.

Maybe just a pet peeve of mine....

59 minutes ago, SDS said:

Sorry guys, looks like I can't post my stuff here. If rules change, please consider letting me know. I'm not backed by much and I'm trying to get my stuff out there while working my ass off. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agreed.  Does anyone proofread these things?  Improper punctuation, omitted words, less than stellar grammar.  Yikes.

No one proofreads. I'm a single writer who just started my own operation. No ones articles are perfect, please excuse any mistakes but I'm pretty good with avoiding big ones. 

Edited by BuffaloFootballBeat

7 minutes ago, BuffaloFootballBeat said:

Sorry guys, looks like I can't post my stuff here. If rules change, please consider letting me know. I'm not backed by much and I'm trying to get my stuff out there while working my ass off. 

The rules have been the same since 1998.

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

The rules have been the same since 1998.

Like I said, that's unfortunate. The internet is quite different since 1998 with digital publications in tons of cities popping up. Buffalo is not one of them.

Trying hard to make that happen for people, no bad faith here by joining this. Just trying to give folks a different look at coverage in comparison to other outlets which are often complained about. 

This isn't said with any snark. Would love to hear back if we can make something work! Had no bad faith, didn't hide who I was at all. Trying to be honest and bring the best news possible to fans. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Oh me too. Awful. Misspelled words and everything.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloFootballBeat said:

Like I said, that's unfortunate. The internet is quite different since 1998 with digital publications in tons of cities popping up. Buffalo is not one of them.

Trying hard to make that happen for people, no bad faith here by joining this. Just trying to give folks a different look at coverage in comparison to other outlets which are often complained about. 

This isn't said with any snark. Would love to hear back if we can make something work! Had no bad faith, didn't hide who I was at all. Trying to be honest and bring the best news possible to fans. 

Yeah. You don't get it. The people who join to advertise NEVER do and comments like these are a continuous reminder that I'm doing the right thing.

We are not here to further your career/side business goals. We are not a tool to use for your gain.  Members join to serve the community, not themselves.  That you view us through the lens of "what can they do for me" is the exact reason we don't allow such posters.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, what a poorly written piece.  

Let's hope the Bengals are fired up to win one for the Gipper on Sunday.

Baltimore looked lousy last week; no sure why many think a loss at home to the Bengals is impossible....Ravens are a very average team and Flacco is playing very poorly right now.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Yeah. You don't get it. The people who join to advertise NEVER do and comments like these are a continuous reminder that I'm doing the right thing.

We are not here to further your career/side business goals. We are not a tool to use for your gain.  Members join to serve the community, not themselves.  That you view us through the lens of "what can they do for me" is the exact reason we don't allow such posters.

Yeah, I do get it. I need to "get off your lawn." Very sad.

Cheers

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloFootballBeat said:

You seem like a good guy to talk football with, it's a shame you can't post your articles here. Never give up on your dreams! Best of luck to you for now and the future.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloFootballBeat said:

Welcome aboard.  

Feel free 

Keep us up with real time news !! 

Editing based on SDS remarks 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

You seem like a good guy to talk football with, it's a shame you can't post your articles here. Never give up on your dreams! Best of luck to you for now and the future.

Agreed that he seems like a good guy to talk football with, but why can’t he contribute to the commmunity without posting links to his site?  I would welcome his threads and contributions just like everyone else here.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, NewDayBills said:

He can. He can post his text verbatim into a post and share it with everyone. Someone who wants to join the community would do that. Someone who wants to sponge off the community won't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agreed that he seems like a good guy to talk football with, but why can’t he contribute to the commmunity without posting links to his site?  I would welcome his threads and contributions just like everyone else here.

As would I.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, BuffaloFootballBeat said:

Yeah, I do get it. I need to "get off your lawn." Very sad.

Cheers

And there it is folks! The same post that every single other advertiser ends with... It's me - not them. :rolleyes:

You see, when I said you didn't join in good faith - you just confirmed you didn't. You aren't at all interested in our long-standing rules or what the guidelines are to be a contributing member here. You have ZERO interest in us, except for producing clicks for your website. You are offended by our rules because you don't financially benefit from them... which... wait for it... 

Is exactly why we have them in the first place.

Go away until you stop expecting the world to give you things.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

SDS. Appreciate you protecting the site from commercial use.  On the other hand, is there any process for these guys to get on the main "news" page.  The Buffalo News has basically paywall blocked everyone.  There is a dearth of Bills news out there now.  

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The ravens are not even good. I can’t stand that team. They are the luckiest team thatas not NE in the league. Somehow the ravens will scum their way to a win despite doing nothing well as always.

Maclin is doubtful to play ... so that could help 

4 hours ago, BuffaloFootballBeat said:

You really don't bring that out in the story.  You quote Tate, who says he has talked to his old mates and "they're up for this game" and "any given sunday" and "we'll see what happens".

He doesn't quote any Bengal as saying they are, specifically trying to get the Bills into the playoffs.

Also, Tate can help the Bills by kneeling on every touchback.  He's averaging only 19 yards a return--and almost all come out of the EZ.

Edited by Mr. WEO