Comprehensive "Tyrod Taylor is Bad" Thread (VERY Comprehensive)

BigDingus

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So what is your plan then? I don't disagree with the going 8-8 thing, it's annoying. It's part of the reason I find this season so frustrating, but is your plan to regress next year? Or do you honestly think this team can upgrade at QB instantly... That doesn't seem realistic to me. 

The plan was to start Peterman from game one!

A bunch of us had this as the plan.

The PLAN was formulated based on a couple principles:

1: TT had demonstrated, beyond any doubt, who he was as a QB, in the NFL. Nothing more needed to be seen. A season later, this was correct. Hindsight agreeing with Foresight!!! To argue otherwise is to be an obstinate rube.

2: The Rookie QB, considered by many pre draft experts to be the most NFL ready prospect in 2017 draft, needed to be in from the start for three reasons:

- Experience is a valuable and necessary part of a young QBs growth

- To demonstrate whether he should be    on the team in 2018 or did he just not have anything.

- Sink or swim, we would end up where we needed to be at the end of the season in the draft order with a first year coach who had the latitude to suck in his first year and a built in excuse.

These three reasons would make wherever we were right now a heck of a side more palatable that the middle of the pack ? half of us predicted and didn’t want.

So , basically, I , and a bunch of others “ Told you so.” But you didn’t want the truth to intrude upon your fantasies.

7 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

That Aggressiveness metric (if real) is absolutely dead on. If he doesn’t throw contested balls, he doesn’t get any pass intereference flags. Also, he will get sacked a lot by waiting and scampering out of pocket. See ya Tyrod. It’s been fun. 

Id really like to see a stat on yards lost by sack. I am willing to bet that matches or exceeds the yards gainged with his legs. Especially this Sunday when he decided to run back 15 yards to get sacked. Im so done with him.

Edited by fansince88

7 hours ago, Estro said:

Great post.  He is a slightly below average QB at best and it's been apparent for nearly 2 full seasons.  Anybody who thinks he's anything more than that has no understanding of what a good QB looks like.  His disappearing acts, where the offense goes into hiding for 20-40 minute stretches of a game is what happens when you have a poor QB. 

And let's remember the entire league agreed that Tyrod is a poor QB.  All of the QB needy teams in this league....... and not one was interested in him, which is why he accepted the $10M paycut.

Being near the league lead in 3 & out % in all 3 yrs. w/ him as a starter pretty much defines his time here.  It's infuriating, but we've come to realize, it's who he is.  A slightly below avg. QB.

The Bills 3 and out/drive % as of 12/19 was .182.  NE was .192.  Punts per drive .370, NE .384.  For both teams , these are among the lowest % in the league.

10 hours ago, stuvian said:

TT is the best Bills QB since Bledsoe

Perhaps.

Do you want to see him under center as the Bills starter under any circumstances beyond this season?

9 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Tyrod is the best not good enough we have had in a long time. Maybe some day we will have a good enough but for now we should enjoy the snow getting kicked in our faces because Tyrod is the best we have had at not being good enough so we should be supportive. SMH

OBD For the love of the Bills go big on QB next year and dump the not good enough Tyrod, the fans deserve better then Rex's choice at starter.

That is actually very well stated.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The funny thing about this post is that there is literally no one on this board who doesn't want to get better at qb. Not sure who you think you're arguing with.

See Badol, Transplant, 26corner, Kirby, and Stuvian 

Taylor over Romo ????

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

12 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Things would be different with another OC, a better OL and better WRs. I know you are

frustrated, we all are, and TT is a easy target, but he is a NFL starting QB, who in the

right situation will be successful

Truth. Very bad O Lines. Consistent injury and turnover at receiver are always overlooked. He also picks up yards with his feet and doesn't turn the ball over. He's built for a very defensive team. 

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We are so smart when it comes to getting rid of players, but they all seem to do better once they get away from Buffalo? Why is that? I suspect it will be the same with Taylor.

Taylor sucks, he would need the 2000 Ravens defense to even sniff a chance at the playoffs. 

Put it this way....

Ive bought the Sunday Ticket for the last 8 years. I wont buy it again if Tyrod is our QB. I don’t hate the guy I just can’t stomach watching him more than 50% of the time. 

Im so sick of watching him run around. Folks think that great that he extends the play, but that’s not what I want to watch. Isn’t it mind blowing Peterman doesn’t have to do that? Most QBs wouldn’t and don’t have to do that.  One cause they aren’t scared to throw into tight windows or they throw their WRs open. Something I think Peterman has the ability to do once the game slows down.

Im done watching Tyrod take 12 yard losses and sacks when he had plenty of time to get rid of the ball. And who knows, maybe on plays like that where he’s taking massive losses he could have dropped back set and thrown into one of those tight windows, or made a check down or audible. Tyrod isn’t that guy, there for I’m done waiting and supporting him, he is what he is. I’m a supporter of a new OC as well, cause he just isn’t good enough.

44 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Look at the success of Woods and Goodwin. Nuff said. 

Taylor is retarded in terms of processing what the defenses is doing. 

Exactly look at the ever consistent QBs that push for conference titles!!!

Thats not Tyrod and that’s not that hard to see. I want a Super Bowl and so should every Bills fan. That being said, Tyrod will never sniff a conference championship game....

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'll bite.  I could join the circle jerk but I think Taylor has some good plays.  He does some dumb things also but I don't think he's "bad".  He just isn't "put the team on your back good".  We have a team that needs to be carried because it seldom plays defense for 4 quarters,  and a fan base that expects Brady but has a roster that wouldn't be pass catching on most teams practice squads.  Draft a next level QB?  Yes please do it, but don't keep trying to force Peterman out there just because he's not Taylor.

Then we have the case of Tyrod Taylor, whom Buffalo benched this week. Taylor actually ranked 10th in conversion rate (42.4 percent) even though he had the fourth-highest need yards (8.7). His ALEX dropped to -0.1 this season, ranked 29th. We've seen this continued change in Taylor's game. In his first season with Buffalo, his ALEX was +4.5, which ranked second in the NFL. It dropped to +2.3 in 2016, but still good enough for seventh in the league, and he was better at converting plays. Taylor's conversion rate was actually a career best this year, but alas he is benched after the Bills allowed 81 points in two losses. A big problem this year was the massive changes at wide receiver. Taylor was targeting running back LeSean McCoy more than anyone on third down, and those 16 targets produced a -10.9 ALEX. In 2016, Taylor's go-to targets on third down were deep threats Marquise Goodwin (+6.2 ALEX) and Sammy Watkins (+7.1 ALEX). Both of those receivers, as well as Robert Woods (+1.4 ALEX), are in the NFC West this year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/alex/2017/2017-alex-midseason-report

37 minutes ago, unclepete said:

Truth. Very bad O Lines. Consistent injury and turnover at receiver are always overlooked. He also picks up yards with his feet and doesn't turn the ball over. He's built for a very defensive team. 

There have been a few times that it wasnt on Taylor.....a Few  times. The Oline is inconsistent but there are WR's open by NFL standards and Taylor doesnt throw it. Other QB's complete throws to 3rd and 4th string nobody receivers. He would rather run around and even when everyone in the stadium knows the defense has him, he wont try to throw the ball away until it is already considered a sack. I was at the first Pats game and could see plays he is missing. Taylor makes some good throws and then misses plays. 4th and 10, he throws it on the ground a few feet in front of Oleary. Why? Who cares if it get picked. Give him a chance to catch the ball. 

36 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Taylor sucks, he would need the 2000 Ravens defense to even sniff a chance at the playoffs. 

And Woods sucked, and Watkins sucked, and Dareus sucked, and Hogan sucked, and Gilmore su.... actually Gilmore does suck.

11 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

For someone with a great name and avatar... Just damn... such a disappointment. I'm not sure what you are even thinking you'll achieve with this post.

And one thing I'm confused about is why you would cite him as having the 11th and 12th best passing offenses. Isn't that about where people who like Tyrod rate him? Doesn't that kind of support, wait, he was decent for a moment, then you got this coaching staff in, changed schemes, and got rid of all his receivers, and that's a big part of his issues?...............

It doesnt show 11th or 12th passing offenses. Those references were for overall all offenses including running. The best we have been is 28th ( clearly referenced) when only passing was considered. Suggest you read OP's post once again