Comprehensive "Tyrod Taylor is Bad" Thread (VERY Comprehensive)

BigDingus

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Look at the success of Woods and Goodwin. Nuff said. 

Taylor is retarded in terms of processing what the defenses is doing. 

Woods is basically the same guy.......only healthy for once........in an offense run by probably the league's best offensive mind.

In games where Watkins and Woods were both healthy during Tyrod's career Tyrod's numbers actually look not just good but elite.

Goodwin always had great talent but never even began to train to be an NFL WR until this past offseason when his Bills contract was up.

After he crapped himself at the Olympic trials again in August of 2016 he showed up after camp about 20 pounds underweight and the entire season was a struggle for him trying to learn how to play the position and stay healthy........he was a virtual rookie after soaking the Bills for 3 years of paychecks while he pursued his hop dreams.    He did ZERO football work for most of a year while training for those 2016 Olympics..........wouldn't even run routes in pads at Bills OTA's.

But he and Taylor worked well with their nine route and comeback combo in 2016..........that aspect has been totally lost this year without a WR capable of executing both. 

If there was anyone on TSW other than me that posted the opinion that Goodwin had great overall WR talent ..........I must have missed it.

If you feel like you missed out, maybe you'd be better off just believing what I tell ya'.:thumbsup:

Edited by BADOLBILZ

At halftime I was thinking that the Bills could win the game vs Pat's. I would of had liked touch downs instead of field goals. It was about the best half you could hope for.

Tyrod did some good things in that game. Tyrod also did some bad like getting sacked well behind the line if scrimmage. That's on him for dancing trying to make something out of nothing. It works sometimes.

I hate the way Tyrod throws it away more then he's trying to make a play. That's how I felt in the second half. The amount of shots he really takes as compared to how many he will sail away or to short just to basically throw it away.

That leads me to a conclusion that Taylor can lead an air attack but is not consistent enough to be dependant on it. That the coaches probably don't trust being dependant on it. Even Taylor himself knows he can't depend on it. I seen it in his body language his posture drops and he's in throw away mode. 

I like that Tyrod can be dangerous with his legs. It's not good when your leaning on it because the other factors of your game are lacking. Tyrod is the perfect back up QB who might come in to save some games.

Tyrod doesn't check down. He checks out. Decides it's better to run on a broken play or sail it away when he should grow some balls and take shots. I think there are plays being left out on the field. If more of them are bad then good and that's the reason to play safe then ship that mentality out of Buffalo fast.

Edited by Lfod

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Woods is basically the same guy.......only healthy for once........in an offense run by probably the league's best offensive mind.

Thats my point. The same guy that’s getting open in LA is the same guy that was getting open here. 

The difference isnt isn’t city and scheme; it’s the quarterback. Goff throws to tight windows and to points on the field before the receiver makes his break — that’s why the Rams are successful. 

And Goodwin did better this year with a QB nobody has ever heard of. 

Oh my god. There’s a lot that goes over your head isn’t there?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

COT holds services everyday still

Yep........but lucky for you pitchers and catchers report in 60 days!:thumbsup:

The Orioles pitching situation for the past 35 years makes the Bills QB situation look like a succession of excellence

But you probably think offense or managing has been the problem for the Orioles the past....what?.....35 years?:lol:

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Taylor sucks, he would need the 2000 Ravens defense to even sniff a chance at the playoffs. 

He's never had a defense that has held teams under 23 ppg so you'd have a hard time verifying that.  Flip side the Pats have only given up over 20ppg 3 times in Brady's whole career and even then it was never more than 22.  We could definately reach the playoffs with Taylor with a better defense.  We could also do better than Taylor at QB.  In one scenario we fix the defense and in the other we "simply" find a "franchise" QB.  We should try to do both.

9 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Thats my point. The same guy that’s getting open in LA is the same guy that was getting open here. 

The difference isnt isn’t city and scheme; it’s the quarterback. Goff throws to tight windows and to points on the field before the receiver makes his break — that’s why the Rams are successful. 

Woods might not even break his own best for catches in a season.  He's got more yards and he's in a passing offense but he's not lighting the world on fire compared to what he did here.

Edited by Maine-iac

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

AGAIN:

Tyrod's numbers with Sammy and Woods healthy were elite.

And the funny thing is........for all the hype about them in LA........Sammy and Woods would probably have had better years statistically combined in Buffalo this year than they have had with the dynamic Rams offense.

How many catches do you think Woods has had this year?   56.  Last year he had 51 in Buffalo while being injured for 7 games.  Watkins has obviously seen a bigger dropoff per game so it's hard to disagree that they'd have put up better overall numbers with Tyrod.

I get that some of you don't actually watch or closely follow the league but Woods and Watkins did not suddenly turn into Randy Moss and Jerry Rice after being freed from Tyrod.:lol:

My take on Goodwin was pretty clear........you chose not to read it, that's fine.

I was dead-nuts-on right about his talent/potential.   Most on TSW thought he was just a less durable TJ Graham.:doh:

Nobody touted Goodwins talent on TSW more than me.......but unfortunately he played the Bills for 3 years because they had him on a cheap enough contract that he had no reason to fear being cut.

Pay attention,  you will find that I am right a whole lot on TSW.    If you see my opinion, consider owning it yourself.:thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep........but lucky for you pitchers and catchers report in 60 days!:thumbsup:

The Orioles pitching situation for the past 35 years makes the Bills QB situation look like a succession of excellence

But you probably think offense or managing has been the problem for the Orioles the past....what?.....35 years?:lol:

Guess I touched a nerve if your going to take shots at the O's to validate the worshipers at COT. Sorry but O's pitching and TT both suck

• Like (+1) 1

For 3 long years I waited for Tyrod Taylor to prove to me that he is our long term answer at QB.

I didn't bash him (criticized at times) and I never overly praised him.

My FINAL opinion of him is an average QB at best.  He will probably start games for other teams but never secure that permanent status.

I have no faith in him coming from behind to take his team on to win critical games.

I will concede that the Bill's may end up with a worse QB playing next year but I am "all in" on moving on from TT.

I have no idea what FA QB we will get and what QB we draft, but we need to do both without TT on next years roster.

For what it's worth, I won't be "wringing my hands" if Peterman isn't here next year either.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Guess I touched a nerve if your going to take shots at the O's to validate the worshipers at COT. Sorry but O's pitching and TT both suck

I just think it's hilarious that you jumped on the Orioles bandwagon 40 years ago and then they turned to sh*t.:lol:

You live in NY.  

Point is........I think we have fully established that you tend to over-think things.........Tyrod is just the latest.:lol:

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You live in fantasy land or are just making things up because no one is saying Taylor is the long term answer.  

That's how I read it, too. 

But what is that really saying? Other than he's the best QB we have at the moment? When I answer that question honestly, I have to wonder why people are arguing about Tyrod Taylor at all. 

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I just think it's hilarious that you jumped on the Orioles bandwagon 40 years ago and then they turned to sh*t.:lol:

You live in NY.  

Point is........I think we have fully established that you tend to over-think things.........Tyrod is just the latest.:lol:

Actually been a Orioles fan all my life because they had their AA team in Elmira so make that over 50 years and they went to 6 world series and 3 time winners, no bandwagon here. I don't over think ****, I just want to win and thats not going to happen with him at QB. But preach way pastor and praise the TT

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Actually been a Orioles fan all my life because they had their AA team in Elmira so make that over 50 years and they went to 6 world series and 3 time winners, no bandwagon here. I don't over think ****, I just want to win and thats not going to happen with him at QB. But preach way pastor and praise the TT

I'm a life long Yankees fan, but it's amazing how many Orioles fans were generated in WNY over the years due to the 40+ year Rochester Red Wing affiliation with the Os. When the Yankees were bad when I was a kid, it was easy to root for the Orioles in playoff and World Series action. They had some great players and teams over the years. 

• Like (+1) 1

I enjoy all the stats and time put into this but I did not need any of this to see that he's a bad QB, he hasn't gotten us anywhere since his arrival and will probably blow the last game of the year, he isn't good enough and there is no need to go into what he isn't good at, we all know what those are even if some are still in denial.

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That's how I read it, too. 

But what is that really saying? Other than he's the best QB we have at the moment? When I answer that question honestly, I have to wonder why people are arguing about Tyrod Taylor at all. 

People just like to vent I guess in addition to being embittered by the Bills being mired in mediocrity for so long. 

16 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Transplant and Badol will pick this apart soon.  ????

Build around Taylor ????‍♂️??‍♂️

Transplant and Badol need to get a clue.... anyone who still thinks the Bills should build around Taylor have their heads buried somewhere.  He simply is not good.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I'm a life long Yankees fan, but it's amazing how many Orioles fans were generated in WNY over the years due to the 40+ year Rochester Red Wing affiliation with the Os. When the Yankees were bad when I was a kid, it was easy to root for the Orioles in playoff and World Series action. They had some great players and teams over the years. 

The 70's O's vs Yanks games were must watch TV. Between Earl Weaver and Billy Martin the umps had to hate having to do the games. Earl married someone from Elmira and I was just a little chipper when I saw him manage here but i guess one game he pulled 2nd base out and left the field with it LOL, The Banty Rooster

8 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Oh so THAT's how it went down!    You root for the parent club of your favorite farm team.  

I guess everyone in Buffalo and Rochester should be Pirates or Indians or Orioles/Twins fans!

Then you should be a Pats fan because the Bills are like a farm team to the Pats!

Gotta' hand it to that psycho Belichick.........sticking Gillislee into the end zone to seal the Bills fate.........that's how you stay in a weak organization's head.:thumbsup:

Like the Yankees do with your Orioles.....well for the past 30 years really........and will continue to do for the rest of your life.

Machado gonna' look good in pinstripes...........nothing you can do about it.:thumbsup: