Are the Bills fun to watch?

Billsfan1972

8 minutes ago, elijah said:

An offense that can't score at all, moves the ball on the ground rather than through the air, and depends on the defense for turnovers and field position.. I'd call that the opposite of fun to watch.

if they are winning, it's fun.  If the ball is moving when running, fun.  Watching a great defense, fun.   I like it.  Anything that wins the game is fun to watch.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

if they are winning, it's fun.  If the ball is moving when running, fun.  Watching a great defense, fun.   I like it.  Anything that wins the game is fun to watch.  

Of course, I have fun watching the Bills but that's because I love the Bills.  I was looking at this topic from a perspective as a general NFL fan.  

If I was not a Bills fan, they're simply not the style of football I want to see on national TV.  I want to see a game that's going to be fun and have teams scoring between 27-34 points.  The Bills don't score 27-34 points. 

I'm not very demanding. All I want is a competitive game. I feed off the plays that are made. Give me an interception or a quarter back sack.

The offense has not been very entertaining this year for me but sprinkled in some plays. The defense was fun to watch for me this year. The turnover feast was amazing, sadly it went to waste. 

In the end it isn't the Browns so I figure it could be worse. It could definitely be worse so I enjoy the wins and amazing plays they will give me.

Honorable mention to dillers and streakers. Also throw in Nate Peterman, that was special.

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I find that keeping expectations realistic (a.k.a. - "low") helps make it fun to watch them.

I think that this is a good point. I think that I had the Bills around 6-10 or 7-9. They’ve been better than I thought and has made it a little more fun/less agonizing. I went to Atlanta and it was great. Boyst and I walked in expecting to be crushed and walked out feeling great. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

You must be one of the group around here that said the bills didn't have a chance the rest of the way out if taylor started..... and then they won last week. lol.

You must be part of the group on here that thinks watching crappy QB play is enjoyable?

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You must have a permanent migraine from the Chargers' game that you continue to enjoy.  :lol:

And Goff will always suck, and Bortles will always suck, etc.....   

I don’t make snap judgements regarding this team. I haven’t made one about TT. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

No I rarely have fun watching them. It’s almost always 3 hours of misery. If they are winning I’m afraid they will  lose it in the end and dream up all the scenarios of how it will happen. If they are losing i torture myself with unrequited hope they can come back. 

That’s not even including the hell of watching TT hold into the ball for 12 minute Chinese fire drills on passing plays. 

I have fun after the game if they win. 

Same here Yolo...its like we are torturing ourselves either way

If we were still a perennial Superbowl contender, Tyrod would be a RB who is used a couple times a year on a trick play where he throws the ball, and then the announcer would say "He used to play QB at VA Tech".

That's if Tyrod was on the team at all.

As it is, we use him as our starting QB.  

And so yes, we are boring, indeed.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

You must be part of the group on here that thinks watching crappy QB play is enjoyable?

It's not a snap decision.  It's a marginal talent assessment at the NFL level suitable for backup duty. 

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's not a snap decision.  It's a marginal talent assessment at the NFL level suitable for backup duty. 

He may well be but he has more potential than TT and I find the prospect of watching him grow interesting.

If he turned into a long term , dependable backup for us, I would be happy.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

He may well be but he has more potential than TT and I find the prospect of watching him grow interesting.

If he turned into a long term , dependable backup for us, I would be happy.

Good for you, but we will not agree on his potential. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No I rarely have fun watching them. It’s almost always 3 hours of misery. If they are winning I’m afraid they will  lose it in the end and dream up all the scenarios of how it will happen. If they are losing i torture myself with unrequited hope they can come back. 

That’s not even including the hell of watching TT hold into the ball for 12 minute Chinese fire drills on passing plays. 

I think this perfectly sums it up for me as well. Couldn't have said it better.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

But do you know what the funny thing is? 

Just like you, when the Bills have a 3rd quarter lead, and start trotting out consecutive 3 and out drives, only to have the other team drive down and score, drive down and score....when we start to envision ALL the different scenarios in which the Bills will find to lose the game....no matter how many ways we come up with for them to psychologically damage our brains.....

THEY STILL FIGURE OUT A DIFFERENT ONE.  

Edited by smuvtalker

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

nah. in fact I've wanted a qb in the draft early last offseason and still want one now.... I wonder if people know how silly they sound when they say things like that. before last weeks game I saw people saying we are guaranteed to lose out and he'll get benched at halftime. right, becuz a player that's historically won more than he's lost is probably gonna lose out. its so absurd. there are gonna be so many butthurt people around here if they weasel into the playoffs with taylor at the helm.

and FTR.... if we somehow sneak in I still want a qb early. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

About as much fun as visiting the dentist. And I watch them anyway. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

My syndrome exactly. 

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Pathetic thread. 

I said ignore it.

A serious question as a fan for 45 years.  The early years were terrible and Joe Ferguson and his 12 pass attempts and the "murderer" at RB.

Just not enjoyable to watch in a long time and this year there really has not been a fun game, wins yes, but as an objective fan not a single really good game.

bills fan asking bills fans, if they're fun to watch.

to each their own on what they find fun in watching a football game. they have their moments but I find many emotions are triggered during a game. the bills of late, speaking of this season have had a couple games I would call, good and fun to watch. atlanta comes to mind, denver, even if they were supposed to be the better team, oakland. the last miami game for a half was fun to watch. then there were those where your arms are crossed sitting in a slump asking yourself, is this fun?

hell no

I'm looking forward to this next game. there have been many not so fun to watch games against the patsies** but maybe this will be an atlanta type game. or, maybe just another defeat.

either way, I'm hoping it'll be fun to watch.

GO BILLS!!!