ESPN predicts Alex Smith as starting Bills QB in 2018.

PIZ

11 minutes ago, cba fan said:

It was a good assessment. 

Just like my assessment of the Music City Miracle.(I did not think it was a lateral but is was so close it effectively was)

Alex can not win playoff games. If Beane gives up the 1st that the Chiefs game Bills it is a fireable offense.

Smith is not going to get  a 1st rd pick back...may be the 3rd.  But if Tyrod wins tomorrow, the Bills are not trading for a veteran QB.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/21/2017 at 11:51 AM, DasNootz said:

at this point Tyrod is a more athletic version of Smith for similar money.  I'd keep Tyrod if that's the direction we're going.

TT is more athletic? 

Have you seen Smith play?

I'd say Smith is just as athletic, more accurate - just older.

3 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

TT is more athletic? 

Have you seen Smith play?

I'd say Smith is just as athletic, more accurate - just older.

Alex Smith is as athletic as Tyrod Taylor, regardless of quarterbacking abilities? Did you really just type that with a straight face?

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Alex Smith is as athletic as Tyrod Taylor, regardless of quarterbacking abilities? Did you really just type that with a straight face?

That statement is on the opposite end of the pendulum of the statement before it, "at this point Tyrod is a more athletic version of Smith for similar money.  I'd keep Tyrod if that's the direction we're going."

Tyrod is WAY more athletic than Smith. Smith is athletic. Smith is the better quarterback and a better fit if we continue to run a WCO.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/21/2017 at 10:10 AM, PIZ said:

I sincerely hope their prediction is mistaken.

It's not that I don't think Smith is a better NFL QB than Taylor at this point.  He is.  But what made Smith successful, was first Roman's run-first offense in SF, then Andy Reid's similar philosophy (albeit not execution) in KC.  Until 2016, Chiefs were 29th, 30th in passing yards.  Smith has learned to play better from the pocket with time, but it's still not his top thing.

If Dennison is determined to play an O designed for a pocket passer (and his play design and play calling for Taylor sure looks that way), Smith is NOT the FA he should pursue. 

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

He should throw and catch the Ball I guess like Mariotta. WR's were straight dropping everything he threw hitting them in stride.

Loss was all on their coaching staff and weak ass D.

Oh geesh.  When I saw that play, I was like "the Chiefs are doomed".  What a fluke!  The KC player is going to see that in his nightmares for a month.

I questioned whether Mariota's foot was over the LOS when he threw, but the announcers barely looked and the refs didn't, so doesn't matter.

It was interesting to watch both games. 

KC's D started playing as though they expected to lose, as the game went on.

Atlanta's D got fiercer and stronger.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, H2o said:

Agreed. Most overrated coach in the NFL. Too smart for his own good at times it seems. 

I have long held that Reid is one of, if not the, best offensive game preparation coaches in the NFL. His teams often come prepared to play and execute a great offensive game plan. But he blows if the plan goes off track and he REALLY blows in clutch coach decisions. HE was like that in Philly and same in KC. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I really like Alex Smith but how can he make all these great throws but never seems to win when it matters?

Don`t blame him,lots of drops and coaching not to lose.

They need a serious upgrade at TE2 and TE3 and WR too way to many smurfs. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Don`t blame him,lots of drops and coaching not to lose.

They need a serious upgrade at TE2 and TE3 and WR too way to many smurfs. 

....good assessment......and it wouldn't surprise me if this gang brings him in as the vet presence to groom new 1st rounder and Peterman.......speculation out there says Andy would be looking for a 2nd........offer him a 3rd and see what happens...........

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I sincerely hope their prediction is mistaken.

It's not that I don't think Smith is a better NFL QB than Taylor at this point.  He is.  But what made Smith successful, was first Roman's run-first offense in SF, then Andy Reid's similar philosophy (albeit not execution) in KC.  Until 2016, Chiefs were 29th, 30th in passing yards.  Smith has learned to play better from the pocket with time, but it's still not his top thing.

If Dennison is determined to play an O designed for a pocket passer (and his play design and play calling for Taylor sure looks that way), Smith is NOT the FA he should pursue. 

Oh geesh.  When I saw that play, I was like "the Chiefs are doomed".  What a fluke!  The KC player is going to see that in his nightmares for a month.

I questioned whether Mariota's foot was over the LOS when he threw, but the announcers barely looked and the refs didn't, so doesn't matter.

It was interesting to watch both games. 

KC's D started playing as though they expected to lose, as the game went on.

Atlanta's D got fiercer and stronger.

I saw the replay. The toes of his front foot were slightly over the line.  It was legal.  The ball and body have to be beyond the LoS for it to be illegal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Nah...Smith had chances to make plays and he didn't.  Not the first time we have seen this from him.

Which plays? You must have All 22....I saw a team whose defense wilted...had a All Pro running back and completely failed to use him...AS did not make poor throws in the second half....even that last throw hit the recever right in the hands....Seems like much of the criticism of As is qualitative. 4000 yards 26/5 104 rating??  And people dont think he would be a huge upgrade?

31 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I'd rather spend more and get Kirk Cousins

Is cousins even a better QB than Smith? I would make the case that he's not. Yet he will cost twice as much. 

Cousins is an average QB that might become the highest paid player in NFL history. No thanks. 

10 minutes ago, baskin said:

Which plays? You must have All 22....I saw a team whose defense wilted...had a All Pro running back and completely failed to use him...AS did not make poor throws in the second half....even that last throw hit the recever right in the hands....Seems like much of the criticism of As is qualitative. 4000 yards 26/5 104 rating??  And people dont think he would be a huge upgrade?

Love is blind.