ESPN predicts Alex Smith as starting Bills QB in 2018.

PIZ

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol:  There's one we just drafted that I see nothing in WRT starting potential.  Hate!  A mindless buzz word if you don't jump up and down to sing someone's praises.

Everybody knows you don't like Nate (even if you don't hate him), so I wasn't thinking of him.

I take it you want to draft one. Not a bad plan.

Who then?

46 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Why pick up Smith when we have Tyrod who can manage a game about as effectively? Alex Smith isn't much of an upgrade from Tyrod at all. 

That is total nonsense...A. Smith’s arm talent is better, he actually audibles at the line, he’s more accurate, anticipates receivers open, all things Tyrod can’t do - except the arm, Tyrod’s is pretty good.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Tyrod’s numbers are down this year but not by a lot. I think it has more to do with Tyrod not being that good rather than it being the OC’s fault. 

To be fair, Roman was a great run game guy not passing. That his passing scheme is really basic may have helped though. 

I think as a player hes been relatively consistent across 3 years and fan opinion dipped as his play didn’t rise. The jump many insisted would come never happened. He’s still just decent, when you step off the fan roller coaster of the last few years. 

5 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Ok, so who do you like?

Do you know?

Still dreaming?

not everyone is so eager to push TT out the door. until a QB comes in, and legitimately beats his, we keep him. we have a playoff qb, whether one wants to admit it or not.

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

That is total nonsense...A. Smith’s arm talent is better, he actually audibles at the line, he’s more accurate, anticipates receivers open, all things Tyrod can’t do - except the arm, Tyrod’s is pretty good.

how does that compare in the grand scheme of things? Smith just lost yet ANOTHER playoff game, and he is on a team with recognizably better weapons and staff.

No doubt Smith is an upgrade over Taylor but he's 34 years old. What does he have left? Realistically 3 or 4 years. 5 at most before decline. I'd be ok with that if they draft someone to groom or they think Peterman is good enough to be the guy sometime down the road and that remains to be seen. I wouldn't want him though if it's thought of as the answer for now and no QB to groom. I also wouldn't be on board with a project QB. It's either Peterman being groomed, they get someone good in the draft that sits for a year or two behind Smith or they stick with Taylor.

Just now, 87168 said:

not everyone is so eager to push TT out the door. until a QB comes in, and legitimately beats his, we keep him. we have a playoff qb, whether one wants to admit it or not.

how does that compare in the grand scheme of things? Smith just lost yet ANOTHER playoff game, and he is on a team with recognizably better weapons and staff.

Seriously? So, running the NFL rushing leader just 10 times during a game they held an 18 point lead is Smith’s fault? Or the Defense yielding the lead or pure luck of Mariota passing a pass to himself for a TD? For the 1st HALF Smith passes 19/23 for 231 yds and 2 TDs....a HALF! Sorry, but I’d take that every single week and 2x in playoffs, for 2 years while the long term future grows.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 87168 said:

They took away his safety valve, Travis Kelce. Any good QB need a capable TE. Go down the line if you have to.

15 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Sure hope not..he panicked on 3rd and 9 late in the game and felt pressure that wasn't there leading him to try and scramble and got tackled at the LOS...then failed to convert 4th and 9

Please ....That L is ALL on Andy Reid

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

To be fair, Roman was a great run game guy not passing. That his passing scheme is really basic may have helped though. 

I think as a player hes been relatively consistent across 3 years and fan opinion dipped as his play didn’t rise. The jump many insisted would come never happened. He’s still just decent, when you step off the fan roller coaster of the last few years. 

He’s a decent stop gap but the days of talking about him as being anything more are over. The problem is that we’ve had pure garbage at QB for so long that it’s easy to get excited when a guy like Tyrod comes around. The bar has been set so incredibly low that I can only hope ending the drought raises it significantly. You can try and use his passer rating (that is declining with each year) or his low turnover numbers to mask things but the reality is that we have such a horrific passing attack largely because of Tyrod’s limitations. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

LOL at thinking Alex Smith is going to be an upgrade over TT. 

Did you watch the game? Or just taking the score or box score out of context? The next time Tyrod does this, it will be his first.

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Did you watch the game? Or just taking the score or box score out of context? The next time Tyrod does this, it will be his first.

I watched the game. See how many times he dumped off, threw it away or ran around and got tackled or sacked? 

How is that an improvement over Tyrod? 

He's competent. Like Tyrod. that's it. 

Edited by Domdab99