Are the Jags a serious threat to win to win the SB this year

njbuff

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I always liked Doug Marrone as a HC. He is a good offensive HC and he seems to be a good talent evaluator.

His kronie Hackett has alot to be desired though....

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Some will laugh at this thought, but why not considering how wide open the conference is outside of New England.

In fact I've felt all along that the Jags are the single biggest threat to the Patriots this year because of their defense. And all of a sudden Bortles has been on fire the last month so you have to give St. Doug and Nate Hackett a lot of credit and if they have an offense that can score points in the playoffs look out.

Either way I would be very surprised if Marrone doesn't win coach of the year over McVay for the sole reason of salvaging Bortles career and completely turning around a Jags team that was god awful the previous few years. He's done  yeoman's work at every level and living up to the young Bill Parcells comparisons.

Also yes Marrone does look very smart in hindsight for ditching this organization even if it took him a few years to make it back to the top of the coaching food chain. He obviously had the Pegulas pegged so to speak and realized they had no business being pro sports owners. In five years when the Bills are likely still floundering and Marrone has led the Jags to at least one championship it will be another painful footnote and reminder for Bills fans.

May be the Jags hiring Tom Coughlin has SOMETHING to do with this turnaround?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

With that defense? Yes. They have a legit chance. 

And Marrone got nothing BUT lucky after he thought he was a lock for the Jest job he didn’t get and ended up in Jax. 

I guess that WAS Marrones Defense, not Scwartz lol!

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Fair question 

who did they lose to again and where?

does it matter?

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Sorry but the patriots will be the Super Bowl winner.

wrongo marylou

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I wanted us to take Jimmy G so badly on draft day. 

I wanted Wilson, Cousins, Goff, AJ McCarron and Bortles as well. He played for Eastern Illinois and beat a lot of Romo's records. He lived in Arlington Heights which is 10 min from where I live. I watched him play Lake Park when he was with the Mustangs, I was thinking holy cow this kid is way better than any other QB that I have watched play QB in high school. I wanted the Bills to take Jimmy G so badly, I was pushing for him so hard on draft day.

Take solace in the fact that you did all you could do.

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Some will laugh at this thought, but why not considering how wide open the conference is outside of New England.

In fact I've felt all along that the Jags are the single biggest threat to the Patriots this year because of their defense. And all of a sudden Bortles has been on fire the last month so you have to give St. Doug and Nate Hackett a lot of credit and if they have an offense that can score points in the playoffs look out.

Either way I would be very surprised if Marrone doesn't win coach of the year over McVay for the sole reason of salvaging Bortles career and completely turning around a Jags team that was god awful the previous few years. He's done  yeoman's work at every level and living up to the young Bill Parcells comparisons.

Also yes Marrone does look very smart in hindsight for ditching this organization even if it took him a few years to make it back to the top of the coaching food chain. He obviously had the Pegulas pegged so to speak and realized they had no business being pro sports owners. In five years when the Bills are likely still floundering and Marrone has led the Jags to at least one championship it will be another painful footnote and reminder for Bills fans.

Get over yourself.

Pegulas are bad owners now? Like you would have any clue what makes a good owner.

The packers do fine with no owner, the seahawks do fine with a software developer as an owner, the list goes on.   

"In five years when the Bills are still floundering...."   give me a break.   Khan's first five years as Jags owner his team was awful, averaging about 3 wins a year.  But you imply Pegula is no good after winning more in 2 years than Khan did his first 5.

Just go away....

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think the Steelers or Patriots would smoke them

They match up really well with the Steelers. Two of the best cover guys to chase around AB and company and a brutal rush that Ben is too old to escape from. 

Pittsburgh doesn't have a good pash rush, if you don't fluster Bortles he might beat yah.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vincec said:

Probably not. They have a below average QB and no big game experience. Those are usually the two keys to winning in the playoffs. But you never know.

WHat has it going for them is the presence of Tom Coughlin. He has done it twice successfully.

10 hours ago, Lfod said:

Serious hypothetical question. If he stayed in Buffalo would he have broken the drought by this year? I myself think he would have. I also think that's the real question to ask.

He convinced Bills management he needed a better QB and got one in Orton so once Kyle quit, they probably would've got him another.  The Clown Show that followed was also able to push for players he wanted, like Tyrod, but he was too defensive-minded.

I like the Coach/GM tandem we have now and would like to see how they do with a couple more off seasons.