Bills table slammer remorse

Just now, JohnC said:

Duh,  if you set yourself on fire do you think that the cameras won't be rolling? An idiot act is an idiot act. If you do something that might cripple you for life don't blame the cameras that capture your lunacy. Give the credit to the moron!

What if they were just in the moment? Bills mafia moment. lol. 

I honestly could see myself getting hammered and in the spirit of bills mafia...tossed through a table. Id rather it not be on IG lol

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Duh, why do you think they keep doing it? The attention.

Do you realize if you create a YouTube video that gets a certain number of views, you get paid? How many extra views does getting highlighted on Deadspin get you?

I dont think it's 100% for attention .you never find out the names of the table slammers, which could make them buffalo famous. They are anonymous 

it has been going on for years. Before YouTube and deadspin were huge

Buffalo has always been a hard working, hard partying drinking city

20 something year old kids have always loved getting wasted and doing stupid stuff

the drought has made tailgating as much fun and popular as the game itself 

some people just just go to tailgate and get wasted. Thousands of people with this mindset causes the grass lots to look like Vietnam after the game

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Obviously you aren't getting my point.

Yes, setting yourself of your decision. But getting worldwide attention is an intoxicating incentive. It's not anyone's fault. That's the nature of media, to put out what people will watch. But you can't deny the person who sets himself on fire is doing so for the 15 minutes of fame he'll get once the video goes viral, and a site like Deadspin adds to the number of eyeballs that will see it.

Obviously you aren't getting my point. The person who is acting like a fool and putting his life in jeopardy for attention is an idiot. The person is simply a freaking moron with or without the cameras. I don't care if the person is drunk or sober. Anyone who would behave like this clown is an irredeemable fool. That's the point!  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

It's dumb and stupid but embarrassing? Maybe for them but not for the 99.9% rest of us. Grow a thicker skin people. Who cares what "other team fans" think of us!

I think you are in minority. The majority of people think it is stupid. 

15 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I honestly could see myself getting hammered and in the spirit of bills mafia...tossed through a table. Id rather it not be on IG lol

Evveryone has fun in their own way. Since you said you could get swept up in the moment, I was just curious if you have kids and a family that depend on you? A lot of my hard party ways evaporated when "I got older" so to speak

I don't condone the actions. However, as long as no one is harming anyone else other than themselves, go for it.

Very surprised so many people are "embarrassed" and seem to care so much about our national image. I understand why the bills and city do not like it.  I do not get anyone that is personally embarrassed or embarrassed on behalf of another entity.  Go bills. The football team.

I think these table slammers would be fine if they just hydrated properly and had a pre-slam kale smoothie.

11 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

I don't condone the actions. However, as long as no one is harming anyone else other than themselves, go for it.

What if the added attention leads to new regulations affecting the way responsible tailgaters can operate?  That is my concern.  I couldn't care less what these idiots do, unless it affects me.

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I think these table slammers would be fine if they just hydrated properly and had a pre-slam kale smoothie.

What if the added attention leads to new regulations affecting the way responsible tailgaters can operate?  That is my concern.  I could care less what these idiots do, unless it affects me.

Fair point and as a usual grass lot tailgater, I do favor less police presence ;). Btw, how have I never stumbled upon one of these scenes?? Head must be in the clouds.

Or already affected decisions on new stadium planning... Or is that too far?

Edited by Nineforty
Add 1 more thought

you should see the expression on my friend Dean's face when he hears about this stupid nonsense.   He is paralyzed from a swimming pool accident and struggles everyday raising his daughter, and there are some people out there intentionally putting themselves at serious risk for a few idiot laughs.

Colts game we were next to a guy that jumped on a lit grill from the top of his minivan.

You can imagine how happy the Hammer was about that......

4 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

You're an idiot.  Enjoy your future in a wheelchair lil kiddo

3 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

you should see the expression on my friend Dean's face when he hears about this stupid nonsense.   He is paralyzed from a swimming pool accident and struggles everyday raising his daughter, and there are some people out there intentionally putting themselves at serious risk for a few idiot laughs.

Colts game we were next to a guy that jumped on a lit grill from the top of his minivan.

You can imagine how happy the Hammer was about that......

That's brutal about your friend. And I assume in line with OP trying to find a link to the guy who realized how fortunate he is that whatever happened wasn't worse.  

We take too much for granted. I laughed then and cringe now at some of the dumb stuff me and my friends did. For that reason, I can't/won't wish the worst for the table slammers. 

19 hours ago, Gugny said:

I love how his "friend" goes over and immediately grabs him by one elbow, and torques him over asymmetrically onto his back...basically doing his best to permanently disable the guy had he had a bad back/neck injury!

The guy is a full grown male and he jumped off the roof of an RV.  That's a fair amount of energy going into the collision with the ground.  He could have easily seriously hurt himself.  Probably had much more energy going into that impact than the worst NFL hit you've ever seen.

The dude seems to have knocked himself silly, if not unconscious, and the first thing this guy does is go up and grab 1 arm and turn him over.

People talk about the demise of the tailgating culture if we build a posh new stadium downtown with high ticket prices and nowhere to park.

Frankly, if the the sort of "Bills fans" in this video (all of them standing around, not the guy who jumped) are eliminated from the calculus with such a stadium, I say start building that F-er tomorrow!

Can't be built soon enough.  

18 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I’m not personally “embarrassed” over things like this, but it’s definitely not a good look for the franchise in general.

Reflects much more on the area in general (people living in Buffalo or WNY) than the football franchise, in my opinion.

It's not the team doing this crap; it's people living in WNY (presumably).

18 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I'm pretty sure this is all a result of us sucking for so long.  People have had to find other ways to entertain themselves, as the product on the field was not cutting it.  Being able to procure tickets for $4 doesn't help either.

I have to raise the BS flag on that.

I saw so many drunks at that stadium ready to pass out...before the game ever started....during the Superbowl years!  

For some reason that stadium and those football games attract lots of mutants who are there to drink and party much more so than watching a football game.

For a certain type of person, that is the only outlet they get from their miserable lives in a given week.

Reminds me of a comment Ozzy Osbourne once said, talking about coming from Birmingham in England---a steel town **** hole; he said if you were born there, you were slotted into a life of being a factory worker and getting piss drunk at the pub on Friday night.  It's what you do.

Steel worker in Birmingham/Bills fan jumping on tables from Marilla, NY.   Same sort of animal I guess.

Why do people get embarrassed by this? I don’t do it nor would I ever and I didn’t go watch it when I was up there last month. It is by no means a reflection of me as a Bills fan. If someone robs a bank in zubaz Bills pants and a 1990 AFC champion sweat shirt does that embarrass and offend you? Maybe the guy just went to the Goodwill after another heartbreaking Bills loss and some fan finally gave up and threw away the past. This table slamming stuff won’t stop till someone dies or people stop watching.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

There are people in Buffalo that actually believe the 4am last call is an actual tourist trap, so I’m not shocked at how stupid these people are. 

Outside of Buffalo they don’t see this as passionate fandom, and it makes for easy mocking....which is funny considering someone actually posted that this is somehow a showing of how passionate they are as fans. No, lol, it just makes you look like a special kind of stupid. 

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

That moron is beyond lucky that he woke up and/or was ever able to walk again.

Gotta love the "Recommended stories" from that link. "Let's Check In With Bills Fans...Oh, One's On Fire", "Bills Fan Destroys Table, His Own Leg", and "Bills Fan Drinks Booze Out Of Butt".

It’s not  a WNY thing, that’s such an overdramatic take. Do you see these videos from Sabres games? Wegmans? Allen Street on a friday night? No. You don’t.

The reason I say it’s a bad look for the franchise is because most of these maroons are decked out in Bills gear and filming these vids right outside the stadium. They get posted on sports “humor” sites because unfortunately these stories carry more notoriety than our team.