More from obd

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Go down to Key Bank Center, and start heading south down Ohio St. along the water.

The whole area quickly turns to abandoned ghost town pretty quickly, and is bordered by the current arena, the Buffalo River, and the NYS Thruway.

Call it "Hellhole Triangle".

That is where the stadium should be and probably will go.  That type of zoning is very similar to where they put Nationals Stadium in DC for the same reason: large amounts of land available on the cheap and easily purchased. 

Pegula could buy that entire chunk of real estate for nothing and truly convert it into his Pegulaville.

On a side note: this dude lucks out and finds his way from nothing to $3 billion and change...what does he do with it?  Buy 2 sports teams in Buffalo, NY and turns into a small time real estate developer...in Buffalo, NY.

I guess buying a small Greek Island for himself and parking a 180' yacht there while shagging hot chicks and building his collection of 1950s and 1960s Ferraris seemed like a bad idea. 

The only thing I disagree with is acquiring the property in question on the cheap.  I believe huge chunks of this land is owned by Carl Paladino(Ellicott Development), and will cost a pretty penny to buy if the stadium is located here.

2 hours ago, RobH063 said:

There's an internal investigation going on apparently regarding the leak by DD's friend who used to work for the Bills. DD, then posts it all on here. You think the Bills are going to allow inside information to continue to be leaked if in fact any of this is true? If true, when the Dots are connected, they will stop it.

Here's what doesn't make sense to me. If dd's source was fired by the bills, how did he know the game plan this week? Dd mentioned Petermans injury being worse than initially thought and how Joe Webb would have a larger role this week. How does someone who was fired know this. 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Here's what doesn't make sense to me. If dd's source was fired by the bills, how did he know the game plan this week? Dd mentioned Petermans injury being worse than initially thought and how Joe Webb would have a larger role this week. How does someone who was fired know this. 

Really simple...it's all BS.

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Here is an aerial view of New Orleans; "hockey" arena next to a football stadium.

Gives a sense of scale.  Our new football stadium would be bigger than old Superdome, but gives you an idea of how a football stadium would fit in my "Hellhole Triangle" referenced above.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShqcATRC4As1z3R0CBXUx

I can speak to this well!! The arena seats 16,188 (smaller than Buffalo) and the Superdome is MASSIVE. I can’t imagine the new stadium being near that big. You can see the Superdome from like 50 miles away on a given day. It dwarfs New Era field in terms of size and the new stadium will be smaller than that. I get your point though. 

FWIW, the Superdome and Smoothie King Center share electricity. They are connected basically by some walkways. The traffic isn’t really a problem on gamedays. It’s worse in OP than we have here in NOLA. With that being said a lot of people stay out after games here so you don’t put 80K right on the road. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

37 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I'm looking forward to the firing of someone at One Bills Drive who tells Dunkirk Don's hunting buddy, who tells Dunkirk Don, who tells all of us.

Yeah, if true I don’t want that kind of limp noodle working for my team. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can speak to this well!! The arena seats 16,188 (smaller than Buffalo) and the Superdome is MASSIVE. I can’t imagine the new stadium being near that big. You can see the Superdome over from miles away on a given day. It dwarfs New Era field in terms of size and the new stadium will be smaller than that. I get your point though. 

FWIW, the Superdome and Smoothie King Center share electricity. They are connected basically by some walkways. The traffic isn’t really a problem on gamedays. It’s worse in OP than we have here in NOLA. With that being said a lot of people stay out after games here so you don’t put 80K right on the road. 

On a much smaller scale (and I apologize for bringing it up again), the new Braves stadium has so much fun built in around it that many people come a couple hours early, and many stay a couple hours late. It’s certainly no NOLA, and the max crowd is half the size, but it makes a very real difference.  I’m 3 miles away and have never even been mildly affected. The idea of building an entertainment district around the stadium has a lot of advantages. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, if true I don’t want that kind of limp noodle working for my team. 

On a much smaller scale (and I apologize for bringing it up again), the new Braves stadium has so much fun built in around it that many people come a couple hours early, and many stay a couple hours late. It’s certainly no NOLA, and the max crowd is half the size, but it makes a very real difference.  I’m 3 miles away and have never even been mildly affected. The idea of building an entertainment district around the stadium has a lot of advantages. 

Yep, the reason that traffic is so bad is that everyone drives and everyone gets in a car right after and leaves. There are significantly less traffic issues when you have that entertainment district. 

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can speak to this well!! The arena seats 16,188 (smaller than Buffalo) and the Superdome is MASSIVE. I can’t imagine the new stadium being near that big. You can see the Superdome from like 50 miles away on a given day. It dwarfs New Era field in terms of size and the new stadium will be smaller than that. I get your point though. 

Seriously dude? It's called the Smoothie King Center? LOL! Whoever pays the bill I guess but still, lol.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, the reason that traffic is so bad is that everyone drives and everyone gets in a car right after and leaves. There are significantly less traffic issues when you have that entertainment district. 

Another huge advantage is being able to walking a half of a mile or so away from the lots where Uber can find you easily.  Uber lots are a great idea, but I haven’t seen one work well yet. ATL has an Uber line, or a pedestrian bridge over I-75 to the galleria and I go there. Uber is a piece of cake!  The designated Uber line gets 80 cars deep and is a nightmare! Walk a few blocks folks. We did that after the Cincinnati game and got out faster than the people parked there in “prime” lots or waiting for an Uber. 

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Go down to Key Bank Center, and start heading south down Ohio St. along the water.

The whole area quickly turns to abandoned ghost town pretty quickly, and is bordered by the current arena, the Buffalo River, and the NYS Thruway.

Call it "Hellhole Triangle".

That is where the stadium should be and probably will go.  That type of zoning is very similar to where they put Nationals Stadium in DC for the same reason: large amounts of land available on the cheap and easily purchased. 

Pegula could buy that entire chunk of real estate for nothing and truly convert it into his Pegulaville.

On a side note: this dude lucks out and finds his way from nothing to $3 billion and change...what does he do with it?  Buy 2 sports teams in Buffalo, NY and turns into a small time real estate developer...in Buffalo, NY.

I guess buying a small Greek Island for himself and parking a 180' yacht there while shagging hot chicks and building his collection of 1950s and 1960s Ferraris seemed like a bad idea. 

Further south on Ohio St. is where kids (including me and my friends) would party and race cars in the 70's. Cars would line both sides of the street to party and motorheads would race down the middle. I know folks that own property on the lake out there and some First Ward folks that would be happy with that location. 

Edited by Turk71
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Further south on Ohio St. is where kids (including me and my friends) would party and race cars in the 70's. Cars would line both sides of the street to party and motorheads would race down the middle. I know folks that own property on the lake out there and some First Ward folks that would be happy with that location. 

Went there many times with my brother who raced his '63 Chevy Impala!

I forgot all about that.

Thanks for the trip down Amnesia Lane.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Here is an aerial view of New Orleans; "hockey" arena next to a football stadium.

Gives a sense of scale.  Our new football stadium would be bigger than old Superdome, but gives you an idea of how a football stadium would fit in my "Hellhole Triangle" referenced above.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShqcATRC4As1z3R0CBXUx

Oakland has large outdoor stadium and indoor coliseum in same parking lot right on the. BART. train line. Saw a lot of concerts there and a couple of baseball games, bad neighborhood though, nothing to do after the game but get the hell out of there.

5 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Oakland has large outdoor stadium and indoor coliseum in same parking lot right on the. BART. train line. Saw a lot of concerts there and a couple of baseball games, bad neighborhood though, nothing to do after the game but get the hell out of there.

That’s like Turner Field in Atlanta. Come with the crowd, leave with the crowd.  Or else.... Certainly not a destination area. One of the reasons they moved, but being closer to ticket buying fans also helped. 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Ha.

The variety is incredible.  It has to be seen to be believed!

Pretty good here in Oregon too. I miss Colorado, used to spend time in Telluride, Crested Butte and Aspen in the 80's. Saw a lot of shows at Red Rocks too. Beautiful state.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s like Turner Field in Atlanta. Come with the crowd, leave with the crowd.  Or else.... Certainly not a destination area. 

Ya, Atlanta can be a very dangerous place. We visit my brother there. Had a late night run in with armed thieves after a show at the OMNI.

13 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Ya, Atlanta can be a very dangerous place. We visit my brother there. Had a late night run in with armed thieves after a show at the OMNI.

Just know where to be, and where NOT to be. But it ain’t Mayberry, RFD wherever you are. (Of course,  nowhere is.) 

Amherst might be as close as you get statistically! 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Just know where to be, and where NOT to be. But it ain’t Mayberry, RFD wherever you are. (Of course,  nowhere is.) 

Definitely, my brother lives in Buckhead and we usually just walk to bars and restaurants in the neighborhood. A lot of cities have neighborhoods you need to avoid unless you live there. 

59 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Definitely, my brother lives in Buckhead and we usually just walk to bars and restaurants in the neighborhood. A lot of cities have neighborhoods you need to avoid unless you live there. 

Buckhead ain't one of them lol

6 hours ago, Augie said:

I recall reading 5-10 years ago that Amherst was the safest town in America in a given year, as determined by the fact that they had 3 reported incidents of "violent crime" in 1 year period of time.

As my source reported last Monday, the Bills and Chiefs have discussed trade for major player.  The chiefs want a second round pick and the Bills are not willing to part with a second for Alex Smith.  ( this is being predicted by espn and this story came out after I reported here) Bills are willing to part with a third and seventh for Smith.  This is why Beane was upset for not cutting marginal players for a compensatory third round pick for Gilmore ( again my source told us last week). The big debate at one bills drive is how to obtain quarterback.  My source says one camp wants to trade up in first round to obtain one the other camp want to make trade for Smith.  The thought is why mortgage the future for an unproved commodity.  Many at at one bills drive believe with an above average quarterback we would be at 9-4.  Would have won jets and bengals game.  The front office believes the only qb worth spending a first round pick, is Sam Darnold and he will not be available. The brass believes they can get Josh Allen in the second round without mortgaging the future.  We have too many holes to fill to trade away draft picks.  On running backs,  don’t fear, Shady is not going anywhere next year but bills will draft running back high next year ( first three rounds). They really like cadet as a change of pace back.  He is on the list to resign but they do not see him as a true second back if McCoy misses any time.

• Like (+1) 1

Smith is a contigency plan if cousins is franchised. Cousins is still our top choice but we do not control.  If cousins is available we will break the bank. McDermott loves him.  See sports illustrated article on cousins.  Think process. McDermott loves his preparation.  My source believes we will not trade draft picks to move up in draft for qb.  Brass feels we are a few drafts away to go deep in playoffs with a ready now qb

Still is well connected.  Last Monday source told us this: peterman out, Glenn damaged good will be tough to trade-placed on ir and needs surgery, and chiefs and bills discussing high profile player. All this before any news story   Check, check, and check.   No fake news here

Edited by Dunkirk Don

28 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Smith is a contigency plan if cousins is franchised. Cousins is still our top choice but we do not control.  If cousins is available we will break the bank. McDermott loves him.  See sports illustrated article on cousins.  Think process. McDermott loves his preparation.  My source believes we will not trade draft picks to move up in draft for qb.  Brass feels we are a few drafts away to go deep in playoffs with a ready now qb

Disappointing if true

9 minutes ago, gotme365 said:

Thanks Don. Do you know if the Bills like any other QB's that could possibly go in the 2nd? I heard on a podcast that some Bills scouts love Mike White from Western Kentucky. 

Keep an eye on Lamar Jackson from Louisville.  His passign jumped quite nicely from last year to this year.