Schefter: Kenny Britt to the Patriots

PromoTheRobot

He's had over 600 career targets, that's solid experience for sure.

A little old to run by anyone, they just need a possession guy because they realized last night Brady isn't as accurate as he used to be.    

He won't factor much this year, it was like the Floyd signing at the end of last year.   Ho Hum

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I wonder who they will release to add him.  

Possibly Gilly? Please be Gilly....

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Patriots are finalizing a deal with former Browns WR Kenny Britt, per @FieldYates. Deal expected to be done shortly.

So this is sort of like what they attempted with Michael Floyd last year. That didn't work out. Don't think this one will either.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

They won the Superbowl.

And how did the Floyd move help that? I'm comparing moves off late season WR signings. Not talking about the team as a whole. The Floyd signing...how did he help em? See what I'm saying here is that everyone panicking saying Britt is going to explode is overreacting. I'm saying Britt will most likely not contribute. Thinking he will end up a gameday inactive. Much like Floyd.

1 minute ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

And how did the Floyd move help that? I'm comparing moves off late season WR signings. Not talking about the team as a whole. The Floyd signing...how did he help em? See what I'm saying here is that everyone panicking saying Britt is going to explode is overreacting. I'm saying Britt will most likely not contribute. Thinking he will end up a gameday inactive. Much like Floyd.

9 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

If it leads to a 77 yard TD, it was a decent contribution.

If making one play then being inactivity be for the playoffs and Super Bowl is your classification of a decent contribution you should raise your standards a tad, mate.

By that rational Vlad has contributed to several TDs this year...I wouldn't call him decent at anything aside from wasting a roster spot.

Bellichick: “Hi Brandon...yeah, this is Bill. Hey, I was uhhhh, wondering what you were doing with Antwain Bolton...”

Beane: “I think I’ve heard of you...Philly right? Anyway, Anquan will cost you a 3rd round pick.”

Bellichick: “Do you know who I am? I’m William F’ing Bellichick and I will destroy you!!”

Beane: “What’ll be William F’ing?”

Bellichick: “See you in a few weeks”

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Bellichick: “Hi Brandon...yeah, this is Bill. Hey, I was uhhhh, wondering what you were doing with Antwain Bolton...”

Beane: “I think I’ve heard of you...Philly right? Anyway, Anquan will cost you a 3rd round pick.”

Bellichick: “Do you know who I am? I’m William F’ing Bellichick and I will destroy you!!”

Beane: “What’ll be William F’ing?”

Bellichick: “See you in a few weeks”

Surprised he didn't call him a dick head.

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Hey, I had a cousin that played wr on the Saints practice squad with that last name.  He and Eric Moulds battled during his high school days in Mississippi. 

5 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

He's had over 600 career targets, that's solid experience for sure.

A little old to run by anyone, they just need a possession guy because they realized last night Brady isn't as accurate as he used to be.    

He won't factor much this year, it was like the Floyd signing at the end of last year.   Ho Hum

Completing 67.4% of his passes this year.  Tied for his second highest of his career.

21 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Possibly Gilly? Please be Gilly....

So this is sort of like what they attempted with Michael Floyd last year. That didn't work out. Don't think this one will either.

Why Gilly he wouldnt be coming back here. This is the staff that said Buh Bye to him

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why Gilly he wouldnt be coming back here. This is the staff that said Buh Bye to him

Well we did tender him...just not high enough. Cadet and Tolbert have both been banged up (and Tolbert has been...well Tolbert) so perhaps they look for an upgrade right before we play the Patties again. Think Gilly would like to stick it to the Patties if he's cut?

I mean it's pointless now as they didn't cut him. But that was my train of thinking.

Edited by KelsaysLunchbox