Aaron Williams says the Bills have no clout, calls out players for "complaining"

There is a payback which is used for situations like this and it was used by two former Bill's. i will not use any names but they were two pretty good players from the 90's. A player got his Knee wrecked by an illegal hit and was done for the year. No retaliation that year. The next year the offended player stood the culprit up at the line and held him while his buddy could dive at his knee. The culprit was done for the year. He, by the way was a Patriot , so i am told.

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Aaron Williams is right.

Football is a physical game. If a team lest other teams attack and injure and intimidate their team mates, some teams will do that.

As long as the Bills allow other teams to behave like that, they will NEVER be winners. Ever.

The will know their teammates do not have their back. Literally in this case.

They will never be a unit. They will never be a real team. They will never stand the test. They will never be winners.

Great post. Agree 100%.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Richard Head

What's your problem??

Haven't you seen all of these stories about how McDermott is trying to establish a "brotherhood" amongst the players?  There seems to be at least one story a week about it.

My point was that, a true brotherhood if players would've stood up for their teammate.  Jeez!

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

He was out there and no one was accountable. You and I are on the couch. Don't hurt your head.

Do you have examples of this? He was also on the couch today, you're poisoning the well rather than just recognizing he might have a point.

Cool insult though bro.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Aaron Williams with the ABSOLUTELY CORRECT SICK BURN.

DAMN that's why you're awesome, Aaron!!! 100%

Love Aaron, nobody retaliated when Landry ended his career. I better see this whole team go all Burfict on Gronk & Brady. Where's Conrad Dobler when you need him. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Do you have examples of this? He was also on the couch today, you're poisoning the well rather than just recognizing he might have a point.

Cool insult though bro.

I already said the Bills could use an enforcer on the field. Williams was never that, so he should shut up. He was an oft wreckless player who penalized his own team for his play style. If Aaron was still playing he would be part of the problem not the solution. 

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

I already said the Bills could use an enforcer on the field. Williams was never that, so he should shut up. He was an oft wreckless player who penalized his own team for his play style. If Aaron was still playing he would be part of the problem not the solution. 

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/06/buffalo-bills-fined-fight-patriots/

Well, here he is racing into a scrum to have his teammate's back.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

I agree he was w reckless, he was an atrocious cb so to get whatever we got out of him at safety I considered house money.

I just think the hit on White today was just unprecedented. I can't recall of any instance during Williams time here where you'd think Williams should have done something. I guess we'll just agree to disagree to an extent because as a fan, I get the frustration.

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/06/buffalo-bills-fined-fight-patriots/

Well, here he is racing into a scrum to have his teammate's back.

I forgot about that.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree he was w reckless, he was an atrocious cb so to get whatever we got out of him at safety I considered house money.

I just think the hit on White today was just unprecedented. I can't recall of any instance during Williams time here where you'd think Williams should have done something. I guess we'll just agree to disagree to an extent because as a fan, I get the frustration.

I forgot about that.

Definitely a disgusting play by Gronk and one that deserves retaliation. I just find it kinda sloppy that Aaron Williams is calling out Bills from his couch. The attitude adjustment in Buffalo is long over due and he is part of that.

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Best comment I have read this week. That's why we have been average or worse for so many years.

The thing is this wasn’t just a normal”dirty hit” where your actually completing a football play, maybe hitting someone purposely low where you can get away with it cause your doing a regular football play. This was a guy lying defenceless on the ground the play is over and this waste of skin POS comes along and jumps on the poor guy driving his elbow in the back of his head cause “ he was frustrated”!  The league has to throw the book at him! The play was over there was no reason for the play! It’s not like a low hit or even a late hit! If the bills don’t hit low on Gronk all game next game they are gutless!

It will be interesting to see what happens in 3 weeks.  I think some plays need to be especially designed for Gronk.  I really hope he gets a 2 game suspension.  Both Brady yelling at his coach and Gronk's actions are examples of two guys who think they are protected and use their status to bully others of lesser status.

4 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

The thing is this wasn’t just a normal”dirty hit” where your actually completing a football play, maybe hitting someone purposely low where you can get away with it cause your doing a regular football play. This was a guy lying defenceless on the ground the play is over and this waste of skin POS comes along and jumps on the poor guy driving his elbow in the back of his head cause “ he was frustrated”!  The league has to throw the book at him! The play was over there was no reason for the play! It’s not like a low hit or even a late hit! If the bills don’t hit low on Gronk all game next game they are gutless!

And after he is down hit him again late, the season is over who cares about the getting penalized

Edited by Kingston Bills Fan

1 minute ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

I think you're going to see a two game suspension that will be reduced to one on appeal like Crabtree and Talib.  We're just lucky White didn't break his collarbone or something like that.

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Definitely a disgusting play by Gronk and one that deserves retaliation. I just find it kinda sloppy that Aaron Williams is calling out Bills from his couch. The attitude adjustment in Buffalo is long over due and he is part of that.

I think the play struck a nerve with him, no pun intended. He sent out a few more tweets... 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ajwilliams23?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

39 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

What's your problem??

Haven't you seen all of these stories about how McDermott is trying to establish a "brotherhood" amongst the players?  There seems to be at least one story a week about it.

My point was that, a true brotherhood if players would've stood up for their teammate.  Jeez!

I don’t have a problem. Apparently you do. What does team building have to do with Gronk taking a cheap shot at a defenseless CB? I happen to think McDermott is doing a good job in the grand scheme of things. And you don’t. No biggie. 

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I think you're going to see a two game suspension that will be reduced to one on appeal like Crabtree and Talib.  We're just lucky White didn't break his collarbone or something like that.

I hope you're right but I wouldn't even be surprised if he just gets fined

15 minutes ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Maybe they are scared of the Da Gronk.. wouldn’t shock me cause they played like scared babies today anyway.  

I love how Pitts and Brown just stand there in flag throwing motion rather than ripping Gronks head off....some band of brothers you have there Seany....bunch of pussies. Aaron is right.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I don’t have a problem. Apparently you do. What does team building have to do with Gronk taking a cheap shot at a defenseless CB? I happen to think McDermott is doing a good job in the grand scheme of things. And you don’t. No biggie. 

Huh?  What are you talking about?  Of course team building has nothing to do with Gronk taking a cheap shot.  It was the reaction of the team following the cheap shot.

Just about every poster on this thread is saying the same thing!

I never said that I thought McDermott isn't doing a good job. I think he is. Certainly a lot better than we've seen in a long time.

Trust me... I happily drink the Kool-aid every year, and always try to find the positives with this team.

I do have a problem that no one seemingly stood up for their teammate after he got clobbered with a clear cheap shot.  After all of this "brotherhood" stuff that we hear about, you'd think you'd get a different reaction from the team.

16 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

If they all reacted dramatically and gotten ejected, there would be 100 threads about how they aren't disciplined. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

110% false. down by 20 late in fourth quarter with your backup qb in, the game is basically over. Guy assaulted your teammate in front of you and they were too scared of gronk to do anything. Absolutely embarrassing to watch. 

On 12/3/2017 at 11:40 PM, Rocbillsfan1 said:

110% false. down by 20 late in fourth quarter with your backup qb in, the game is basically over. Guy assaulted your teammate in front of you and they were too scared of gronk to do anything. Absolutely embarrassing to watch. 

And then when 3 of your key guys are missing in this game against the colts because you wanted to look tough on TV, who is really winning?

The best revenge is to beat your opponent, not act like a tough guy. Go into NE, hit gronk hard, legally, and win the game.

I'm tired of this obsession with moral victories. 

Edited by Elite Poster

Well Aaron Williams is speaking from the heart and from experience. Although I don't exactly agree that you should make things worse, you should at least be animated yelling showing heart. They barely move. 

You have some ground to get in the guys face. I didn't see any barking. I seen some events like that when people rush in start barking and most I ever seen was it get broken up and the original flag is the only penalty. Even the ref who sees it is probably gonna understand a bit of a scrum after that.

This was just bad in every way including just a one game suspension. Your not really making the statement or an example. 

Edited by Lfod

53 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

And then when 3 of your key guys are missing in this game against the colts because you wanted to look tough on TV, who is really winning?

The best revenge is to beat your opponent, not act like a tough guy. Go into NE, hit gronk hard, legally, and win the game.

I'm tired of this obsession with moral victories. 

Yea the better thing to do is watch your teammate get pulverized in front of you and cry about it to the refs. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/3/2017 at 4:12 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm sure there would be someone complaining if somebody  got a penalty for laying Gronk out too. It's a no win situation. The team just needs to find a waybto win games and things like this are an afterthought. 

A marquee money giant like NE will always be protected by Goodell as long as B & T are there. Sure they'll get an occasional slap on the wrist to make things look equitable, but it's all an illusion. Gronk was never getting more than 1 game with the Steeler matchup looming. 

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:19 PM, Elite Poster said:

If they all reacted dramatically and gotten ejected, there would be 100 threads about how they aren't disciplined. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

get the hell out of here, the game was over at that point, someone needed to dive at Gronk's knees immediately but the Bills did nothing.  MCD likes to paint that brotherhhood bullsh*t pretty thick, but he is all talk.  His post game press conference about the subject was an absolute disgrace saying how he was proud of the composure his team showed.   

On 12/3/2017 at 7:22 PM, Marty McFly said:

Youre a dooshbag. Yeah tho that sht was pathetic. Aaron Williams lost his career and no one did anything about it during the game. Same sht with Gronk. When we see this team to start to stand up for eachother on so real **** on the field, then well see the playoffs.

You can't win, the fight back and are called undisciplined, you don't and they give Gronk a slap on the wrist. 

Why is no questioning the Bengals or Steelers after their non- response . I mean JuJU is standing over Burfict for a good 3 seconds, with a Bengals player watching him , and said player calling for a flag and not touching JuJU..whats the difference?

And standing over a dude like is a pretty big affront to your manhood for these guys.

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Why is no questioning the Bengals or Steelers after their non- response . I mean JuJU is standing over Burfict for a good 3 seconds, with a Bengals player watching him , and said player calling for a flag and not touching JuJU..whats the difference?

And standing over a dude like is a pretty big affront to your manhood for these guys.

Burfict wasn't able to come to his own defense.  But that's what he's there for.