NFL executive says Buffalo Bills are perfect fit for Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sorry, I thought we were discussing Mayfield.

The point is that Watson was immediately ready to play in the NFL.

I thought you were thinking about Mayfield.  But what about the arrest, crotch-grabbing, etc.?  Usually you hate that stuff.

As for Watson, he's still got a lot to prove.  And there were several red flags, which dropped him down in the draft. 

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

Any difference between Mayfield and PSU QB Trace McSorley?

McSorley is actually smaller, it's pretty clear when you watch games how big the difference is between him and not just OL but his WRs and backs, etc. Most of what I've read about him says his game won't translate to the NFL. Late round or UDFA.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

What! Friggin morons , they deserve to lose if they do that again.

Good chance they turn over the FO and/or coaching staff again. If they do, they likely won’t take one and will stick with Kizer this year or maybe take one later like the kid from Nc State. 

Just now, blacklabel said:

McSorley is actually smaller, it's pretty clear when you watch games how big the difference is between him and not just OL but his WRs and backs, etc. Most of what I've read about him says his game won't translate to the NFL. Late round or UDFA.

I agree

3 hours ago, yungmack said:

Sounds like the full phrase should be "NFL executive with close ties to Robert Kraft." NE will be laughing up their sleeve if the Bills take Mayfield.

They actually don't have the Bills as "best fit" that goes to the Chargers followed by the Saints.

2 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Mayfield certainly is a talented player. But too many red flags and personality issues similar to Johnny Manziel.

Still think NP has tremendous upside and franchise QB potential anyway so if the choice was between him and Mayfield I'm sticking with NP.

I don't think Mayfield has nearly as many red flags or similar traits as Manziel. He keeps getting comparisons to him because of his size and style of play but Mayfield doesn't appear to be a massive knucklehead like Manziel.

And I think the upside on Nate Peterman is pretty limited. He picked up steam heading into the draft because he played in a pro-style system at Pitt but I don't think he's franchise material. When I think franchise QB, I think of a guy who can do it all, make all the throws, read defenses, check the offense into the right plays at the right times, see the field well, come through in clutch situations, etc. I think Peterman has a couple of those traits. It looks like he can make most throws and his accuracy/ball placement isn't too bad. His intelligence and work ethic are also up there but he's streaky. If he starts a game in a funk he usually stays there. He had some games at Pitt where he got hot and was able to keep it rolling but overall I really can't see him being a number one guy anywhere in this league. IMO he will carve out a decent career as a solid backup, though.

As an LA resident and life long Bruin season ticket holder I'd pass on Rosen. For starters I consider him soft and very injury prone. Then there's his questionable love for football? His hot tub in his dorm room tells me all I want to know about him. Darnold will make far more plays when something breaks down. If I was the GM I'd rank them:

1. Rudolph

2. Darnold 

3. Mayfield 

4. Rosen

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I thought you were thinking about Mayfield.  But what about the arrest, crotch-grabbing, etc.?  Usually you hate that stuff.

As for Watson, he's still got a lot to prove.  And there were several red flags, which dropped him down in the draft. 

What's wrong with Mayfield's TD/INT ratio?  He's 37/5 this season.  113/20 at Oklahoma.

I'm  not a fan of grandstanding.  But if I'm Baker Mayfield and I go out to shake hands with the captains of my opponent team captains, and they put their hands behind their backs.....I would whisper in their ears right there what I was going to do to each of them and their low class HC right on national TV.  And I would let them know that I would be asking them throughout the game how they are enjoying the ongoing humiliation they needlessly brought upon themselves.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What's wrong with Mayfield's TD/INT ratio?  He's 37/5 this season.  113/20 at Oklahoma.

I'm  not a fan of grandstanding.  But if I'm Baker Mayfield and I go out to shake hands with the captains of my opponent team captains, and they put their hands behind their backs.....I would whisper in their ears right there what I was going to do to each of them and their low class HC right on national TV.  And I would let them know that I would be asking them throughout the game how they are enjoying the ongoing humiliation they needlessly brought upon themselves.

I meant I had a feeling you were thinking about Mayfield and not Thorson.  There is nothing wrong with Mayfield's stats. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You were very high on Dashawn Watson and he is not tall nor prototype. I believe Mayfield has played better than Watson and he is definitely more accurate, which was the major concerns I had with him.

Russell Wilson approves this message :thumbsup:

I'm shocked you like Mayfield more than Watson!!! Shocked!!! 

35 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

As an LA resident and life long Bruin season ticket holder I'd pass on Rosen. For starters I consider him soft and very injury prone. Then there's his questionable love for football? His hot tub in his dorm room tells me all I want to know about him. Darnold will make far more plays when something breaks down. If I was the GM I'd rank them:

1. Rudolph

2. Darnold 

3. Mayfield 

4. Rosen

Hot tub in dorm is the craziest qb criticism ever. Marino supposedly love "skiing," Big Ben & Jameis are rapists, Peyton bean bagged a trainer.  But avoid the hot tub guy at all costs!!!

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

He was arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest 9 months ago..

Oh the horror! We all know the rumors of what 12 and 78 did off the field in their hey day and we're going to get our panties in a bunch over being drunk in public?

10 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Character issue

Man I love the guys spirit. I would take him in a second. Trade our 2nd #1 to move up and get em. Add a second if we have to. We have f'd around for to long with lame qbs

• Like (+1) 1