Lol @ Doug Marrone and the jags

Steptide

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

He didn't quit on anyone. When Ralph passed, we didn't even know if the team was staying. He took the $ his contract allowed and moved to Florida and is in a better situation. If you were in that position and didn't bolt, you are a fool. Plain and simple. As for being a prick, did he say something to hurt your feelings?

He did quit, there's really no other way to describe using the out clause on your contract to quit your job as head coach of the Bills.

It also happened after the Pegulas had bought the team and declared that they were staying in Buffalo forever. 

It took him 2 years to get in that "better position", too. He had to take a job as an offensive line coach because he couldn't get a better job elsewhere. It's not like he just walked away right into that job or something. I'm not sure I'd call being an offensive line coach the last 2 years for a team that perennially finished in the bottom of the league better than being a head coach (which he could have been during that same 2 year stretch). Or say someone was a fool if they didn't do the same thing.... 

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

i root for the Bills every game, Jms. i doubt we beat the 'phins twice though.

Generally, when the Dolphins leave the warmth of Miami and play in Buffalo in December, the Bills win.  The reverse has happened also and this season we get both. So, a split is likely.  The way this NFL season has gone, though, the road teams will probably win.

6 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Me neither, Dolphins certainly not as good as expected this year although they could still get hot and win out if they can put it all together.

Either way I guarantee we aren't sweeping the Dolphins this year, Bills are 3-7 (soon to be 3-8) in their last 10 division games and Dolphins have a better chance of sweeping us quite frankly than we do of even splitting with them.

We swept them 2 years ago and they swept as last year.  So we are even.  I like our chances against them without Ajai wearing the Fish uniform.

9 hours ago, Foxx said:

yep, he walked because he didn't get the control he wanted. with Whaley having been fired, how can you blame him? the contract was the contract, if you want to blame anyone for him walking with 4mm, maybe you should consider pointing your ire at those on the Bills side that crafted said contract.

Now you confuse me, I thought Whaley was fired this year, not years ago. But yes, this is like all the Dareus haters because the Bills are notorious at writing really bad contracts.

10 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Still doing a good job there. That is what he does

Is he?  The Jags' ineptitude led to all of those high draft picks on defense, and St. Doug went completely out of character having Bortles (one of the worst starting QBs in the league) throwing the ball instead of playing for OT.  Arizona is a bad football team.  Jacksonville still has one of the easiest remaining schedules and will probably make the playoffs, but their head coach isn't the reason why.

10 hours ago, Dopey said:

He didn't quit on anyone. When Ralph passed, we didn't even know if the team was staying. He took the $ his contract allowed and moved to Florida and is in a better situation. If you were in that position and didn't bolt, you are a fool. Plain and simple. As for being a prick, did he say something to hurt your feelings?

Pegulas bought the team on September 9th, and wanted him to stay at years end. He quit, it's that simple. 

3 hours ago, eball said:

Is he?  The Jags' ineptitude led to all of those high draft picks on defense, and St. Doug went completely out of character having Bortles (one of the worst starting QBs in the league) throwing the ball instead of playing for OT.  Arizona is a bad football team.  Jacksonville still has one of the easiest remaining schedules and will probably make the playoffs, but their head coach isn't the reason why.

7-4 seems like he is doing good job,  is murlakey not either not coaching well?

19 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don’t know, he’s got a terrible QB that keeps turning the ball over and he’s still firmly in a playoffs spot. If they get a real top 16 QB they could become a juggernaut. I see Tyrod going there next year and they coast to the playoffs.

If ultra safe TT ever went to a team with a dominant defense they'd be playoff bound yearly.

20 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Nice upset by the Cardinals for sure but St. Doug is still going to the playoffs one way or another this year.

Hopefully they offer us a 3rd round pick for Taylor to be their starter next year.

The Bills aren't getting a third or any other pick for Taylor.  He's due a big bonus just after the start of the league's new year, and the Bills aren't going to pay that to a player they don't want.  Consequently, if they can't trade him, they'll cut him ... and every team in the league knows how the Bills operate.  It's why they only got a 6th for Dareus ... teams knew the Bills wanted him gone so badly that they'd take anything.