Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

disagree, it makes it look like the coach has no idea what he is doing. 

You already told the world you don't think Taylor is good enough. You went to a guy, it backfired, but now you are going to say the guy you benched is now your best player.

Taylor is the best QB on the team period. Play to win.  That's the job of the HC. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Taylor is the best QB on the team period. Play to win.  That's the job of the HC. 

Playing to win THIS season is, was, and always will be the WRONG move.

But again, this is unsurprising. Coaching to keep the rabble happy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Out of curiosity, isn't the best way to show him that by giving him another start?  That being said, I hope Tyrod takes this like Alex Smith does (with Mahomes waiting in the wings) and starts being a bit less conservative and looking down field more.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Does it matter.  The team has a lot of needs but one thing is for sure, without a quarterback you cannot win in this league.  I think they need to do whatever they can to draft the best possible qb this year.  They have  a lot of draft capital and they need to bit the bullet and spend what needs to be spent on a qb.  They may never have this much capital again, and a qb takes time to develop.  Start with that piece and do what  you can with the rest. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed.

Never understood the decision to begin with, considering the defense the real issue.

That's exactly it. People were complaining about TT and rightfully so against the Saints as he was awful, but the defence is by far the biggest issue on this team right now.

1 punt in 2 games they have forced, including when teams were literally just trying to run it in the 4th quarters of those games

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Anyone else think that Taylor seemed to have a little fire lit underneath him when he came in to replace Peterman? Felt like I saw some extra zip on a couple throws. 

I guess, but didn't he also give up a strip sack? Just a more aggressive version of himself.

Just now, Gugny said:

Oh yeah?  Well the jerk store called!

LOL.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Playing to win THIS season is, was, and always will be the WRONG move.

But again, this is unsurprising. Coaching to keep the rabble happy.

I would argue that was the situation last week. looking at the overwhelming amount of people on this board who voted for the initial change and were ultimately horribly wrong. and also judging by the idiots that I was surrounded by at the saints game that were yelling for Peterman has our offensive line couldn't block for Tolbert on a 3rd and one.

I cant think of more rabbling than that.

Only decision.  From the outside looking in I believe that the change to Peterman was Dennison's Idea.  He couldnt sleep after the NO game.  So he is obviously nervous for his job so instead of building a playbook that works for his players he wants to go to his bread and butter not the teams.  Peterman would allow him to run Kubiak's offense the last 2 years that Denver has utilized.  It made Seimian look pretty good for awhile he can do the same with Peterman and save his job.  Taylor gives the Bills the best chance to win.  The benefit of having taylor you have an above replacement placement player under center.  If someone came along and beat out Taylor the player would need to be the next teir above him.  Whoever did the evaluation of Peterman and determined he was the best Qb should be fired.  In hindsight I could see the switch as message to the team and to Taylor that the whole team and unit as a  player is not good enough.  He played poor enough the last to weeks that if we are just going to throw in the towel we will play the rookie.  Im leaning towards it started out as Dennison decision and now Mcdermott internally will spin it as a move to try to get move out of Taylor and the offense.