SDS

Which QB starts in Week 11?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in Week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

2 hours ago, section122 said:

Stop excusing his terrible play!

Dont tell me those ints werent his fault.  If we are going to play the not his fault game with ints then Tyrod only has 1 on the year.  Last week and week 1 against the jets were tipped in the air by clay.

Don't tell me about how it wasn't his fault the pressure was in his face all dag forcing him into errors if you stated the 7 sacks in the jets game were Tyrods fault.  Maybe as some has proposed Tyrods escapability is a very important factor in making the oline look much better than it is.

Don't tell me facing the 3-6 chargers is the same as the 8-2 saints.  One is the hottest team in football and the other is still 2 games under 500

Don't tell me they needed to see what they had.  He's a 5th round pick.  A 5th rounder.  Most of the people drafted in his round won't ever start a game let alone a game with playoff implications.  Especially at qb.  They should know from practice what they have.

Don't tell me well Tyrod sucks too so they would have lost anyway.  He doesn't and you were just shown what an actual backup qb looks like.  I won't guarantee a win but I will guarantee Tyrod wouldn't have put forth 5 ints in a half.

Don't tell me Dennison had a poor gameplan and that isn't Peterman fault.  He's had bad gameplan most of the year.

Seriously that was some of the worst qb play I don't know how anyone can defend that play or pretend like he deserves a second chance. 

The Bills don't have to skip the playoffs just bc they won't win the super bowl.  3 bad weeks and they are still in the driver seat.  They owe it to Kyle, the fans, every player on that team to try and win.  Tyrod offers the best chance for that.  Peterman should just be cut.  Next year they can draft their qb of the future and let him actually beat out Tyrod not be gifted the starting position bc he fits the idiotic ocs mental picture of what a qb should be.

But what if I was to tell you...nevermind.

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Haha (+1) 1

Start Peterman again, he had a bad outing.  Yes, a historically bad outing.  He's a rookie and will need to take his lumps.  Tyrod is done here in Buffalo, and with this D and how it's completely pooped the bed, there is no point in going back to him.  Sink or swim rook!  Throw him to the fire!  

We need to evaluate all the talent for next year.  

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Start Peterman again, he had a bad outing.  Yes, a historically bad outing.  He's a rookie and will need to take his lumps.  Tyrod is done here in Buffalo, and with this D and how it's completely pooped the bed, there is no point in going back to him.  Sink or swim rook!  Throw him to the fire!  

We need to evaluate all the talent for next year.  

Wait so you didn't see enough from today? I've seen all I need to see from him.

I'm biased because I didn't like the move, I'll admit that. But I've seen enough.  The guy did stuff that's never been done post merger. He doesn't even know when to take a sack. Doing it once, I'm just talking about lofting up the ball for an interception, ok I get that, you can do that once in a game. Especially if you are panicking about taking a safety. But doing that one mistake twice in addition to all the others. I can't tell if he just has bad judgment, or the games too fast for him. Take the sack. He's awful, he's the worst QB they've trotted out since Hobart. Actually he's the worst. He is the worst, it's that simple.

Then the talk about we don't have losses we just have lessons post game ****. Is McDermott really peddling this participation trophy stuff? Someone needs to tell the both of them that they lost and they were horrendous. These are grown men. Clearly I could ramble on more, it's just nuts 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

12 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

I don't think he had a foot on the ground with that floater down the middle. Not a good look as far as basic mechanics. 

Is that per qtr or possession?

We need to get the QB's to practice with Bosa putting a shoulder to their chest. ;)

Maybe if they leaned forward more they could maintain foot contact with the turf ;)

11 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

whats the record for most interceptions thrown in a game by a QB? What the hell, let’s go for it!

Time to start thinking of packages to move up and grab Rosen.

Peterman was the first quarterback since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger to throw at least five interceptions in a first half, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. His three interceptions in the first quarter were the most since then-New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith was picked three times against the Bills in an October 2014 game.

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm biased because I didn't like the move, I'll admit that. But I've seen enough.  The guy did stuff that's never been done post merger. He doesn't even know when to take a sack. Doing it once, I'm just talking about lofting up the ball for an interception, ok I get that, you can do that once in a game. Especially if you are panicking about taking a safety. But doing that one mistake twice in addition to all the others. I can't tell if he just has bad judgment, or the games too fast for him. Take the sack. He's awful, he's the worst QB they've trotted out since Hobart. Actually he's the worst. He is the worst, it's that simple.

Then the talk about we don't have losses we just have lessons post game ****. Is McDermott really peddling this participation trophy stuff? Someone needs to tell the both of them that they lost and they were horrendous. These are grown men. Clearly I could ramble on more, it's just nuts 

I thought it was a mistake to take him out of the game. Bills were not winning that game, see if he can recover and make some positive plays. 

I would also start him next week. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I thought it was a mistake to take him out of the game. Bills were not winning that game, see if he can recover and make some positive plays. 

If they start NP next week, there will be an open revolt in that locker room.  It is not gonna happen.

5 hours ago, section122 said:

Don't tell me about how it wasn't his fault the pressure was in his face all dag forcing him into errors if you stated the 7 sacks in the jets game were Tyrods fault.  Maybe as some has proposed Tyrods escapability is a very important factor in making the oline look much better than it is.

It was an easy conclusion to reach. Those of us who were around for Flutie remember how he thrived on running for his life as well as broken plays. This made life much easier for the inept OL.

Historically, the Bills  just don't place much emphasis on blocking. Sad but true.

I can envision McDermott's crew seeing the Chargers, Chiefs, and two games with the Patriots on the horizon, thinking we'd need to score to win those games (even if the defense played better than putrid) and felt pretty certain Tyrod would not be able to do that.     In addition, it seems all but certain Tyrod will not be the 2018 starter.    Enter Peterman.     

I think McDermott looked at the situation as one of having very little to lose, and a lot to potentially gain ... but it was a risk.   A big risk.    I agreed with it, and ... well ... it didn't work out.   At least not immediately.    And, it didn't help that what looked like a darn good start was immediately cursed with standard Bills luck: Benjamin immediately hurt, followed by DiMarco blowing an easy catch that (by further terrible luck) turns into a pick-6.

I'm as tired of the slump as anyone, but I'm not going to pile on McDermott for not being happy with mediocre, thinking Tyrod probably couldn't put up enough to string some more wins, trying to get better, and having it blow up on him.  At least in the short run.

It was an epically bad performance that should be the end of his dream to be an NFL starter.  It reminded me of horror shows we've seen through the years, mostly on other teams - Ryan Lindley, Spurgeon Wynn, Aaron Brooks, Babe Laufenberger... 

Peterman showed yesterday that, in addition to being a reckless moron (he just threw balls up for grabs into the middle of the field while under pressure), he can't put any zip on balls to the sidelines.

Pete Naterman is not an NFL starter and never will be.

14 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

He'll be out of the NFL in 2-3 years, after this I just don't see how McDermott doesn't lose the locker room, he looks really really stupid.

Yeah it seems to me this team quit already. The season it's over, which its sad because it started so promising. Three blowouts on a row, the wheels have come off. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

So the Chargers would have had to go a bit longer distance perhaps and maybe scored only 35-40 points? So what? Not throwing picks is great but 3 and outs are killers too. This D is awful right now and Tyrod wasn't scoring any points. He appears to be better than Peterman at this point but you had to try something, because it's not good enough. They can't switch out 5 guys on defense so they changed one on offense. If the team though Tyrod was going to win today the move isn't made. 

Peterman got a demon in his head and couldn't shake it.

With that said, The Nate Peterman who started yesterday was not the same guy who finished the Saints Game. We don't know if the kid will ever be good but I have to fault the coaching. McD said he alone made the decision, but we know he lies in an effort to be the BIG MAN and take on the criticism when it comes. 

BUT, think about it... McD is a defense guy (we should revisit that at another time). What the hell kind of a coach is going to pull switching the QB in mid season WITHOUT consulting the OFFENSIVE coordinator? McD did not make that decision - he just owned it.  

DENNISON -  I think Dennison thought that inserting a QB that easily fit Dennison's scheme, would go a long way to saving Dennison's job.  Only problem was that the QB he wanted  struggled right out of the chute.  Instead of easing off on the kid, Dennison kept calling passing plays. 

WHEN DENNISON saw kid struggling he should resorted to a much more conservative play calling until that kid got past it. DENNISON hung this kid out to drive because DENNISON was trying to prove it was not Dennison's play calling that is lame.

Dennison should be replaced this off season. - IMO

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Seen enough for now? Absolutely.

Seen enough for ever? Can't say that.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

They did every time they sent him back out after the second int......  And that pep talk after interception 3 or 4 on the sideline was pathetic.....

For only one reason ... improve our draft position .... bottom line .. we don't have a QB ... so why piss away the couple wins Tyrod gets and move down the draft board ... in the rare chance we make the playoffs .. .do we really think this team stands ups to 2 games vs. the Pats?

There OL is as bad as I can recall ... between Jets sacks and what we saw yesterday ... DL .... Shaq Lawson actually touched the QB with the ball in his hand ... WOW.

We knew when McD and Beane were brought in .. we had a long way to go ... don't let the first 5 wins (a surprise to many on this board .... please look at preseason win estimates) think we were something we're not ... not yet ... all you had to do is look at the roster.

Lastly ... not the subject of this thread .. but Sammy is doing nothing in LA ... so stop saying that was a stupid trade.  It was a bad trade up draft pick ... better to move on.

56 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Historically, the Bills  just don't place much emphasis on blocking. Sad but true.

Neither do Bills fans. There were seriously people arguing that Tyrod was making the offensive line look worse than it was, because he ranks 1st in the stat “time to throw the ball” (never mind that he’s running away from an unblocked defensive end every other play). Anyone that watches other games sees what happens to teams that can’t block. The Cowboys lost their LT and all of a sudden Dak Prescott forgot how to throw the ball. It’s embarrassing that our coaches thought switching out Tyrod would fix the offense’s problems.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I actually thought the Offensive line outside of Mills, was decent last year.

Enter McDermott and his buddy Juan Castillo with the untouchable Vlad Ducasse and this is what we get. 

Another case of fixing things that aren't broken. It's what the Bills do best.

I did not. The RT spot was painfully bad and Miller is overrated in my respectful opinion. Wood, imo is OK but overpaid. Incog is good but getting old. Glenn is a very good LT, when healthy.

I have said ad nauseum that run blocking is the easy part of OL play. Blockers know the count and can fire out. The rough part is pass protection when they are backing up and getting hit. Ducasse and Mills are a recipe for a serious injury for most qbs other than Tyrod. It is ugly.

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

To see the current results somehow 26% still think Peterman should start vs. KC......  Astounding......

Did Peterman have anything to do with the two poundings this team took before yesterday? The 7 points and 3 point outings Taylor put up?

You cant say it was idiotic to bench Taylor based solely on the Saints game, but then with absolute certainty that Peterman is cooked after a 1/2 of a game!

• Like (+1) 1

I don't post often because english is not my native language, and I don't provide interesting information nobody knows here.

I don't have an expert eye like you and I didn't read the 18 previous pages (sorry), but my 2 cents is :

• about Peterman INTS :
  1. tipeed
  2. hit on delivering (?)
  3. hit on delivering
  4. hit on delivering
  5. wrong route (+ hit on delivery ?)

so I din't see a man completly lost on field, happy passing guy ; it could have been 4 sack and then what would be your opinion ? the guy is too slow to deliver the ball ? We all asked the QB to get rid of the ball. That's what we got yesterday...

I also I didn't have the metrics on how many time did he had to deliver before he got hit, if someone could provide that...

I don't know what to think then. Despite the fact I like TT, we all know what the Bills are going with him : somewhere 7-9 ~ 9-7 with a chance to sneak into playoffs then immediatly be demolished. I want  a freaking Superbowl won. At least once in my life.

If the objective is playoffs, then they should start TT until out of contention.

Other case, start again Peterman, and let him start until he gets ugly by himself

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

To see the current results somehow 26% still think Peterman should start vs. KC......  Astounding......

It reflects more of a "who gives a hoot at this point" than any vote of confidence in Tyrod. 

If they had a 3rd option, I'd vote for him. Logan Thomas? 

Whoever starts in KC is in for a looooooooooooooong day. 

Just now, Repulsif said:

I don't post often because english is not my native language, and I don't provide interesting information nobody knows here.

I don't have an expert eye like you and I didn't read the 18 previous pages (sorry), but my 2 cents is :

• about Peterman INTS :
  1. tipeed
  2. hit on delivering (?)
  3. hit on delivering
  4. hit on delivering
  5. wrong route (+ hit on delivery ?)

#1 was totally not his fault. 

#2 was bad pocket awareness (the rush was in his face) but agreed not entirely his fault. 

The next two were entirely on him, and the worst part was the out route was thrown so weakly and short that the DB had all day to make the INT. 

You can't make excuses. Bad QBs don't have 5 INT days. He was a total debacle and I don't want to see him again for years, if ever. He looked like a 5th round pick who will be out of the NFL in a year. 

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

It reflects more of a "who gives a hoot at this point" than any vote of confidence in Tyrod. 

#2 was bad pocket awareness (the rush was in his face) but agreed not entirely his fault. 

The next two were entirely on him, and the worst part was the out route was thrown so weakly and short that the DB had all day to make the INT. 

You can't make excuses. Bad QBs don't have 5 INT days. He was a total debacle and I don't want to see him again for years, if ever. He looked like a 5th round pick who will be out of the NFL in a year. 

The second and 3rd interceptions are tough for me because he had receivers getting separation on deep routes and he was potentially half a second short of TD passes.  Such is the margin of error in the NFL.  

2 hours ago, mannc said:

If they start NP next week, there will be an open revolt in that locker room.  It is not gonna happen.

You don't give the players any credit?  You don't think that they have the capacity to understand it could have been a bad day at the office?  They see him in practice, I'm sure he's not throwing picks all day long.  I agree with the other guy, I found myself saying, you cant take him out after half.  You got to let the rook work it out.  Historically bad yes, but one half does not define any player.  

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The Bills are the perfect antidote to the Chiefs' losing streak. 

o God yes, thought the one silver lining yesterday was KC losing and thinking maybe that pick gets in the top 15 somehow, but then I looked at their schedule and they have 3 AFC East games left, Denver and Oakland. They ain't losing more than 1 of those games.

1 hour ago, WideRightRevenge said:

For only one reason ... improve our draft position .... bottom line .. we don't have a QB ... so why piss away the couple wins Tyrod gets and move down the draft board ... in the rare chance we make the playoffs .. .do we really think this team stands ups to 2 games vs. the Pats?

There OL is as bad as I can recall ... between Jets sacks and what we saw yesterday ... DL .... Shaq Lawson actually touched the QB with the ball in his hand ... WOW.

We knew when McD and Beane were brought in .. we had a long way to go ... don't let the first 5 wins (a surprise to many on this board .... please look at preseason win estimates) think we were something we're not ... not yet ... all you had to do is look at the roster.

Lastly ... not the subject of this thread .. but Sammy is doing nothing in LA ... so stop saying that was a stupid trade.  It was a bad trade up draft pick ... better to move on.

This, 1000 times, this.

36 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Number 1 was definitely partially his fault - he threw it too hard.  Watch the replay at full speed.  

What did we learn? He has a quick release.  He also was absolutely terrible when under pressure.  The 4th pick he stared down a receiver and was baited into it.  The 5th one was also incredibly terrible.

6 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Number 1 was definitely partially his fault - he threw it too hard.  Watch the replay at full speed.  

What did we learn? He has a quick release.  He also was absolutely terrible when under pressure.  The 4th pick he stared down a receiver and was baited into it.  The 5th one was also incredibly terrible.

#1 usually it would just fall to the ground if not caught. Crappy int from a fluke deflection

#2 was throwing deep to a receiver having beat single coverage and hit during release

#3 same thing but was hit earlier.  That one should have just held the ball and taken the sack.

#4 as you said, stared down the receiver and made a dumb throw.

#5 Either a blown route by the WR or confusion by Nate.  Since he had 4 by that point you got to think it was confusion and not the WR.

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

#1 usually it would just fall to the ground if not caught. Crappy int from a fluke deflection

#2 was throwing deep to a receiver having beat single coverage and hit during release

#3 same thing but was hit earlier.  That one should have just held the ball and taken the sack.

#4 as you said, stared down the receiver and made a dumb throw.

#5 Either a blown route by the WR or confusion by Nate.  Since he had 4 by that point you got to think it was confusion and not the WR.

2/3/5 had terrible footwork as well.  He was just a mess. 

I see an upside to this.  Start TT, maybe a fire was lit, maybe he will be better on the go forward.  Peterman still is salvageable.  He did this in his first game at Tenn.  He recovered and had a good career at Pitt.  That was a heck of a learning experience so I am interested to see what he learned.  Meanwhile, hand the reigns back to Tyrod and lets see where we go(or don't go from here). 
And to those who say Tyrod is gone, let's just see how the season ends.  If the Bills want him back, he will be given 16million reasons to stay.