Nate Peterman's performance against the Chargers

SDS

Which QB starts in Week 11?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in Week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

Just now, LabattBlue said:

With all due respect, that wasn't exactly a prediction out of left field.  A mid round draft pick in his first year, making his first start has a multiple turnover half.  Who would have guessed that.

The only surprise is that idiot McDermott didn't pull him after the 3rd int.

A low talent rookie player may play poorly.  A bold prediction for sure.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh the crusader word again 

Get help 2009

With this defense It does not matter 

Even on ignore I have to see his garbage being posted 

Weak. Weak, Weak.  Ridicule and cockiness all week from your group for anyone that dared to say TT is the better option. I wanted Peterman to play well to stay in the playoff hunt. Now the defense finally comes into play-you mean it's not an excuse?

12 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I get that and i got tired of people bashing those who know something. 

I didn't post it here but a few I talked to via PM we discussed folks in the organization not being happy with McDermott, not all of them though. But all of them said Peterman looked lousy in practice and was not going to make it in the NFL. 

Yup, that was said on a few occasions, that I know of. He looked bad in practice.

• Like (+1) 1

Not only is it abundantly clear that McCoach made the wrong decision in choosing to start Peterman:

1) McCoach may have lost the team (if he had not already).

2) McCoach may have ruined whatever potential Peterman may have had by starting him way before he was ready.  How did McCoach not know that Peterman was not ready - especially given the margin by which he was not ready.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Peter said:

2) McCoach may have ruined whatever potential Peterman may have had by starting him before he was ready.  How did McCoach not know that Peterman was not ready - especially given the margin by which he was not ready.

^^^ This.  At the very least, get him out after the 3rd int.  I hope the kid has a short memory, and strong psyche.

It was bad move. Now everyone who said it was a bad move was right. I don't think it could of been worse for Nathan. I still don't think we win this game with Tyrod but I won't argue that. 

Edited by Lfod

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Don't try to sneak back in like you weren't part of the anti-Taylor machine.:lol:

IT WASN'T THE QUARTERBACK.

Having two bad QBs on the roster is part of the problem. 

Look up the other thread where my opinion of Petermans performance wouldn't change an iota that they need to draft a QB high 

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

It was bad move. Now everyone who said it was a bad move was right. I don't think it could of been worse for Nathan. I still don't think we win this game with Tyrod but I won't argue that. 

All criticism of McCoach aside, I really feel sorry for Peterman.  He seems like a great guy who has some  potential to be at least a quality back up in this league. I really really hope that McCoach did not kill the guy's confidence.  It must have been horrible for him especially with his parents there.  

I hope Peterman has enough confidence to not let this effect him long term.

Just now, GG said:

Having two bad QBs on the roster is part of the problem. 

Look up the other thread where my opinion of Petermans performance wouldn't change an iota that they need to draft a QB high 

IF TT is bad, which he isn't, what does that make Peterman? 20-18 is not bad. He was a good fit till better was found.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Maybe so but Wentz wouldn't do **** on this team either. 

I still can't wrap my head around why they didn't all-out tank this year. It makes NO sense. Everyone would have given them a pass, and they could have had a top QB AND a bevy of picks.

1 minute ago, Peter said:

All criticism of McCoach aside, I really feel sorry for Peterman.  He seems like a great guy who has some  potential to be at least a quality back up in this league. I really really hope that McCoach did not kill the guy's confidence.  It must have been horrible for him especially with his parents there.  

I hope Peterman has enough confidence to not let this effect him long term.

I feel the same way. I was in favor of the change. That had to hurt his confidence.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Worst Bills' QB performance I've ever seen and I've seen really lousy. 

You may be right about that.

The past two weeks also have to be the worst consecutive week losses as well.

We have the Chiefs and Pats coming up.  We will see just how much McCoach is in over his head.

Just now, joesixpack said:

I still can't wrap my head around why they didn't all-out tank this year. It makes NO sense. Everyone would have given them a pass, and they could have had a top QB AND a bevy of picks.

I can't see this team being all that good next year either. Too many holes that even a franchise QB won't save. 

They can build a team with those draft picks or get a QB. They won't be able to do both. They will have to hope 49ers will be willing to trade or get prescott/brady/Wilson like lucky. Even Prescott isn't having that good of a year minus a few players. 

Just now, joesixpack said:

The QB wasn't helping.

Neither of these QBs could hold Carson Wentz's clipboard.

Good example.

Wentz coaches designed an offense around HIM and then brought the kind of players in in bunches to execute it.

Same with Goff.

Some smart coaches have come to the realization that in order to compete with QB's with 10-20 years of wisdom in their back pocket on Sundays you gotta' make it easier for the specific QB you have.

It's not the 1980's..... where the strong survived and the smart eventually got crushed by age and violence........the wise survive now.........and it just takes too f*cking long to build an omniscient QB to try to fight fire with fire.    

You gotta' scheme for success and be able to win while you develop your QB.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Peter said:

Not only is it abundantly clear that McCoach made the wrong decision in choosing to start Peterman:

1) McCoach may have lost the team (if he had not already).

2) McCoach may have ruined whatever potential Peterman may have had by starting him way before he was ready.  How did McCoach not know that Peterman was not ready - especially given the margin by which he was not ready.

Overreaction. That stuff is overrated withQBs. NP will be whatever he is. The locker room may have been lost already as the D sucked the last 2 games and guys appeared to have checked out already then. 

7 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

IF TT is bad, which he isn't, what does that make Peterman? 20-18 is not bad. He was a good fit till better was found.

You're not going to find the QB by playing Tyrod. Now you can cross both QBs off the list and keep moving on

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

we didn't have any realistic playoff hopes either way.

Yes we did. 6-4 would have looked nice. I am almost certain there wouldn't have been five picks. 

Just now, GG said:

You're not going to find the QB by playing Tyrod. Now you can cross both QBs off the list and keep moving on

You don't put a rookie in against a 3-6 team when you still hold the sixth seed for the playoffs. it was a terrible move. I had hoped Peterman would do well, but look what happened. 

7 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

I wish he had played well. Wasn't fair to put him in a game like this. Say goodbye to any playoff hopes now.

The playoff hopes were gone already this team wasn't winning today with Taylor at QB. It's not all Taylors fault mind you but this team is just bad. Maybe the score is slightly different but they lose by 3+ TDs easily with Taylor today. 

Just now, JM2009 said:

Yes we did. 6-4 would have looked nice. I am almost certain there wouldn't have been five picks. 

I also thought we could have won.

In other news:

JFHemet:  your CoT membership is still revoked. You can own those 5 INTs with the rest of the board that clapped for the move.

In more other news: i do feel bad for the rook and the players, that was a real bad coaching decision.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Overreaction. That stuff is overrated withQBs. NP will be whatever he is. The locker room may have been lost already as the D sucked the last 2 games and guys appeared to have checked out already then. 

Yes, you are right.  It must have been great for his confidence.  Well done.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

The playoff hopes were gone already this team wasn't winning today with Taylor at QB. It's not all Taylors fault mind you but this team is just bad. Maybe the score is slightly different but they lose by 3+ TDs easily with Taylor today. 

Funny you say that considering the chargers had over 24 points off INTs this game. Same INTs that tyrod wouldnt have thrown

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

You don't put a rookie in against a 3-6 team when you still hold the sixth seed for the playoffs. it was a terrible move. I had hoped Peterman would do well, but look what happened. 

If you feel confident about your rookie, why not against a mistake prone 3-6 team?

The move clearly backfired, but the franchise QB is not on this roster and they need to keep looking.