Nate Peterman's performance against the Chargers

SDS

Which QB starts in Week 11?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in Week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

I said all week that I hoped Peterman would do well because we are in the playoff race with the sixth seed. I didn't agree with the decision totally, but I want to win, know matter who is in there.The people that thought TT was a better option than Peterman were ridiculed with cocky posts all week from the crusader club. Sound advice: you should really just once be a little irritated with them. If your this unbiased poster you claim to be.

I know what you said but now that Peterman stunk you’re loving the fact you can stick it to those that wanted him to play.

Just now, Air it out Fitzy said:

Here we go time to rally the CoT again. 

Petermans suck disqualifies Tyrod's suck.   ???

This has to be one of the most juvenile things typed on this board. You have nothing to converse about other than this poor attempt at a joke? I want the best player to play that is on my team. That is Tyrod Taylor currently.

If that hurts your sensibility I apologize.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GG said:

Patrick Mahomes is the litmus test.  They clearly thought they could get a Mahomes level talent in the '18 draft, but also get a free option to see if Tyrod can elevate his game.  

If they don't draft a QB early next year, then it's time to get the pitch forks out.

It was, but they weren't going to get there with the way TT  played recently.

In any event, looks like Dareus's trade was a far greater impact on the team, and I'm not afraid to admit that I was wrong about the trade

Watson is another.......they passed on him too and he put up 20 TD's in his first 5 starts.........obviously an epic start.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Ah ok. Yeah it probably is. I didn't expect much difference result wise but I surely didn't see this clunker coming. Figured an int or two for the whole game. 

I certainly didn’t expect this performance either. Now this team is backed into a corner and will force a 1st round QB pick and what worries me even more is that his development will likely be in the hands of Dennison

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I know what you said but now that Peterman stunk you’re loving the fact you can stick it to those that wanted him to play.

You didn't answer my full post. Where were you when these same few were/are constantly degrading any poster that thought TT was the better option, and then come in here saying I was happy with the loss. 

Edited by JM2009

To put it mildly, this was amazing to watch.  I was wrong about Peterman.  He was not ready at all.  I think the coaches might have killed his career.  Tyrod still isn't the answer long-term.  I lost faith in the process guys.  I though my 5-11 prediction at the start of the season was in jeopardy when we were 5-2, but they may actually lose 9 straight games!

Just now, Bob in STL said:

The were the 6th seed going in.  If you are a player you take that and you try to win the next one.

The Coach made the call, he can live with results.  They will probably cut the rest of the pre-Carolina holdovers anyway.  Then we can play another season with Tolbert, Ducasse, Demarco and the rest of the "talent" they are bringing in. 

Look, I'm not sure about you but I've been against most of the moves that McD and company have made. Watkins, Ducasse et al. This move I didn't expect or call for , but I gave him credit for taking a risk and not going with the safe play. I thought the inevitable thing was he continues to start Taylor, the team predicably lose to the Chargers and Chiefs, then we see NP when it's all over and too late to make any difference. He didn't do that and I credit him for it. He wouldn't have been criticized for leaving Taylor in, even though I'm not sure the team could have won another game with him at QB. I'm still not sure, but Peterman is not going to be good enough now. It had little chance of working, but there was little chance of Taylor beating Lynn as he knows every weakness. It was worth a shot regardless of the criticism that he'll take. 

Just now, JM2009 said:

TT is a serviceable  guy who should not have been benched for a rookie when the Bills held the sixth spot. 

And that’s obviously true but what’s the point in taking shots at people over this performance. This team looks really bad but some of you are just going now back and forth over nonsense. This team has likely squandered a great start. We probably won’t  make the playoffs. Our HC looks like even more of a bonehead every week. Meanwhile our roster is paper thin and it’s not like we have a solid core of young talent to build around. We are basically starting from scratch. Who in this team is untraceable at this point? Nobody.

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ok.......yep.........so draft a guy and just put that precious, pocket passing rookie in with this McBankrupted roster next year?

Well look who jumped off the "draft a QB with the first pick" bandwagon.  Didn't think it would be Tyrod who got you off the habit.

22 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

Get over it boatcolada. Ya got beet. Ya hoped on the petermen train and you crashed into a dumpster fire. We couldve won today. We beat better teams this year than the chargers.

Disagree. Boatdrinks hit the nail on the head. The shortsighteness and knee jerk reactions is scarey. I get it's been 17 years, but it's like people choose to ignore this regime isn't responsible or acting like they should be. Today's performance was not good.  There are MANY issues on this team including BOTH qbs. Are you REALLY going to throw a party for a team that gets to a wildcard at 8-8 and loses?  Cupboards are bare and they are figuring out who to let stick and who not to when they actually get a chanve to try and shape things...ya know...WHEN THEIR FIRST 1ST FIRST(!!!!!) JOINT DRAFT COMES!!! The best thing that came out of this was getting to hear a coach say we want to be better than 5-4. If you are happy with 'just enough' mire power to ya. But dont act all high and mighty for those of us who will deal with days like today if it means we get to be legit good. Have fun with your wildcard loss. Come find me when ya wanna have a celebratory beer over something worth celebrating.

Edited by gobills1212

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I certainly didn’t expect this performance either. Now this team is backed into a corner and will force a 1st round QB pick and what worries me even more is that his development will likely be in the hands of Dennison

I hated this loss and shut the TV off before halftime.

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Dennison needs to go too. 

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

Disagree. Boatdrinks hit the nail on the head. The shortsighteness and knee jerk reactions is scarey. I get it's been 17 years, but it's like people choose to ignore this regime isn't responsible or acting like they should be. Today's performance was not good.  There are MANY issues on this team including BOTH qbs. Are you REALLY going to throw a party for a team that gets to a wildcard at 8-8 and loses? The best thing that came out of this was getting to hear a coach say we want to be better than 5-4. If you are happy with 'just enough' mire power to ya. But dont act all high and mighty for those of us who will deal with days like today if it means we get to be legit good. Have fun with your wildcard loss. Come find me when ya wanna have a celebratory beer over something worth celebrating.

You're happy with this HC right now? And yes, getting to the playoffs would have been a huge achievement. Mcdermott would have been a hero in western NY.

9 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

You didn't answer my full post. Where were you when these same few were/are constantly degrading any poster that thought TT was the better option, and then come in here saying I was happy with the loss. 

Unlike you I really don’t care what other people think. If they think Tyrod sucks then fine whatever. I won’t and can’t hange their minds about it. If they thought Peterman was the better option then whatever too. I’ve always said that Peterman likely isn’t the answer and he will probably suck. I don’t get mad at what other people say and I’m certainly not going to waste too much time arguing about it like you do. If that’s what you want to do then I guess have at it. You want to take a shot at me by saying I should be irritated since I claim to be unbiased then fine. You go ahead and instigate because it’s what you do. You love to argue on here and you can’t stand it when someone doesn’t see things the way you do. Carry on with your petty arguments and calling people biased and dishonest. It’s very clear that being right and calling people out means a lot to you. Forgive me while I just carry on living my life and not get irritated over the nonsense of people thinking a player on a team I love is bad. 

Edited by Bangarang

3 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Disagree. Boatdrinks hit the nail on the head. The shortsighteness and knee jerk reactions is scarey. I get it's been 17 years, but it's like people choose to ignore this regime isn't responsible or acting like they should be. Today's performance was not good.  There are MANY issues on this team including BOTH qbs. Are you REALLY going to throw a party for a team that gets to a wildcard at 8-8 and loses? The best thing that came out of this was getting to hear a coach say we want to be better than 5-4. If you are happy with 'just enough' mire power to ya. But dont act all high and mighty for those of us who will deal with days like today if it means we get to be legit good. Have fun with your wildcard loss. Come find me when ya wanna have a celebratory beer over something worth celebrating.

Newsflash: We are light years away from being a contending team right now. This organization is a mess.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Look, I'm not sure about you but I've been against most of the moves that McD and company have made. Watkins, Ducasse et al. This move I didn't expect or call for , but I gave him credit for taking a risk and not going with the safe play. I thought the inevitable thing was he continues to start Taylor, the team predicably lose to the Chargers and Chiefs, then we see NP when it's all over and too late to make any difference. He didn't do that and I credit him for it. He wouldn't have been criticized for leaving Taylor in, even though I'm not sure the team could have won another game with him at QB. I'm still not sure, but Peterman is not going to be good enough now. It had little chance of working, but there was little chance of Taylor beating Lynn as he knows every weakness. It was worth a shot regardless of the criticism that he'll take. 

I get your point.

I would have stayed with TT until the inevitable playoff elimination, then played Peterman to get a look see.   Seems like a better and more logical approach for all involved.  Better for TT, better for Coach, better for NP, and for the whole team. 

Now we have a disaster ... maybe the team will rally around  TT and beat KC in KC next week?  I doubt it but weirder things have happened.   

1 minute ago, GG said:

Well look who jumped off the "draft a QB with the first pick" bandwagon.  Didn't think it would be Tyrod who got you off the habit.

Yeah right, I will never get off that bandwagon.

But unlike yourself....... I know somebody has to play QB in the meantime.

That has always been my opinion wrt Tyrod.    Just so happens he's been a productive option.

The Steelers didn't become good when they got Ben Roethlisberger.......they won some O'Donnell then with Tomczak and Stewart and then Tommy Maddox........totally forgettable QB's who got them to many championship games and one Super Bowl.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Unlike you I really don’t care what other people think. If they think Tyrod sucks then fine whatever. I won’t change their minds about it. If they thought Peterman was the better option then whatever too. I’ve always said that Peterman likely isn’t the answer and he will probably suck. I don’t get mad at what other people say and I’m certainly not going to waste too much time arguing about it like you do. You want to take a shot at me by saying I should be irritated since I claim to be unbiased then fine. You go ahead and instigate because it’s what you do. You love to argue on here and you can’t stand it when someone doesn’t see things the way you do. Carry on with your petty arguments and calling people biased and dishonest. It’s very clear that being right and calling people out means the world to you. Forgive while I just carry on living my life and not get irritated over the nonsense of people thinking a player on a team I love is bad.

And you are still doing it. I didn't instigate anything. They posted me stating i was happy for the loss. The same ones that disappeared after wins and were in here bashing TT right after losses.

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Unlike you I really don’t care what other people think. If they think Tyrod sucks then fine whatever. I won’t and can’t hange their minds about it. If they thought Peterman was the better option then whatever too. I’ve always said that Peterman likely isn’t the answer and he will probably suck. I don’t get mad at what other people say and I’m certainly not going to waste too much time arguing about it like you do. If that’s what you want to do then I guess have at it. You want to take a shot at me by saying I should be irritated since I claim to be unbiased then fine. You go ahead and instigate because it’s what you do. You love to argue on here and you can’t stand it when someone doesn’t see things the way you do. Carry on with your petty arguments and calling people biased and dishonest. It’s very clear that being right and calling people out means a lot to you. Forgive me while I just carry on living my life and not get irritated over the nonsense of people thinking a player on a team I love is bad. 

Agenda!

Biased!

Crusade of not agreeing with all of my opinions!

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That has always been my opinion wrt Tyrod.    Just so happens he's been a productive option.

The Steelers didn't become good when they got Ben Roethlisberger.......they won some O'Donnell then with Tomczak and Stewart and then Tommy Maddox........totally forgettable QB's who got them to many championship games and one Super Bowl.

Someone can play next year.  Our precious pocket passing QB.  

24 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

Get over it boatcolada. Ya got beet. Ya hoped on the petermen train and you crashed into a dumpster fire. We couldve won today. We beat better teams this year than the chargers.

Hay Marty, I never called for NP to start and was stunned by the decision . But I was on board with it. Taylor isn't good enough and I thought there was practically no chance the Bills could beat the Chargers with TT at the helm. So I give McD credit for trying something. Why let the season sink with Tyrod then switch afterward when it couldn't do any good? It had little chance of working long or short term but they had to do something. Maybe Taylor gets a fire lit under his a$$ and starts to throw the ball and score some points cause this defense is BAD. If Taylor started and lost today, you're not putting the rook in at Arrowhead. You do it in the 30000 seat soccer stadium. If TT is as good as you think, he'll get woken up and actually be a QB like teams have said they wanted to make him do. He should be able to beat a Chiefs team that's in a free fall right now because he's a seasoned vet. You could not switch to Peterman vs the Chiefs or Patriots. 

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Agenda!

Biased!

Crusade of not agreeing with all of my opinions!

Someone can play next year.  Our precious pocket passing QB.  

One of the main agitators who ridiculed anyone who thought TT was a better option than Peterman. Then for deflection, claim I was happy over the loss.

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I get your point.

I would have stayed with TT until the inevitable playoff elimination, then played Peterman to get a look see.   Seems like a better and more logical approach for all involved.  Better for TT, better for Coach, better for NP, and for the whole team. 

Now we have a disaster ... maybe the team will rally around  TT and beat KC in KC next week?  I doubt it but weirder things have happened.   

But it HAD to be this game. The Chargers have zero home field advantage and there's no way you could start a rookie at Arrowhead or vs Tom Brady. So you try to win a football game today and if it doesn't work you can go back to Taylor at Arrowhead vs a struggling Chiefs team. Anothony Lynn was going to follow the blueprint vs Taylor even with his vaunted pass rushers. He would have been crushed today, just in a different way but it was going to be ugly. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Hay Marty, I never called for NP to start and was stunned by the decision . But I was on board with it. Taylor isn't good enough and I thought there was practically no chance the Bills could beat the Chargers with TT at the helm. So I give McD credit for trying something. Why let the season sink with Tyrod then switch afterward when it couldn't do any good? It had little chance of working long or short term but they had to do something. Maybe Taylor gets a fire lit under his a$$ and starts to throw the ball and score some points cause this defense is BAD. If Taylor started and lost today, you're not putting the rook in at Arrowhead. You do it in the 30000 seat soccer stadium. If TT is as good as you think, he'll get woken up and actually be a QB like teams have said they wanted to make him do. He should be able to beat a Chiefs team that's in a free fall right now because he's a seasoned vet. You could not switch to Peterman vs the Chiefs or Patriots. 

So playing TT against this same 3-6 team to maybe get a win, would have been a foolish idea? You know, 6-4 would have looked awful good right now. Now at 5-5, it's all on TT going against KC? Season is done. We will be 5-7. probably finish 7-9.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Libel!

Not when it's the truth. Your cocky posting speaks for itself. You and Maury B used to be a tag team.

Inside source... Take it for what it's worth. Passed to me 3rd hand by someone I trust infinitly

Taylors benching was 100% Dennison.   This was per Taylor from a conversation bhe had with confidant in messages exchanged today at halftime.

I'd you don't believe me that is fine. But I believe my source. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well look who's getting sloppy now.  Tell me, how many games did Roethlisberger apprentice under those guys?

And the analogy isn't quite valid, because the Steelers are a model franchise of stability, which could get away with mediocre QB play.

Why aren't you throwing out the example of the Colts with and without Peyton?  

Bills are not a model franchise at this moment, and if anything, McDermott is trying to build that foundation that others tried, but never succeeded because they never hit on the QB and ran out of owners' patience.

The last guy who tried to do this kind of rebuild was Donahoe, and he'd still be here if he hit on the trade to get Ben.

Winning 9 games this year with Tyrod and clinching the last playoff spot is immaterial from a long term perspective, because there would still be a gaping hole at QB.  Bills can easily sign a Josh McCown or Brian Hoyer for one season while they wait for the rookie to ease into the league.  Hell, Fitz will be available again

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

So playing TT against this same 3-6 team to maybe get a win, would have been a foolish idea? You know, 6-4 would have looked awful good right now. Now at 5-5, it's all on TT going against KC? Season is done. We will be 5-7. probably finish 7-9.

I guess that depends how much confidence one had that Taylor would figure out how to beat defenses keeping him in the pocket and begging him to throw the ball. Vs a HC that drew up game plans to minimize he weaknesses and knew exactly how to defend him. I for one had very little confidence that would happen regardless of the Chargers record. They have Rivers and lost close games. The Bills defense hasn't been stopping anyone. The switch to the rook had little chance of working , certainly not long term but maybe to win a game . If you have so much confidence in Taylor , he should have little trouble vs a KC team that hasn't played well in over  a month and is ripe to be beaten at home. They lost to a putrid Giants team today. But the switch to Peterman would have zero chance at Arrowhead. It may have worked today and I dint want to see the season sink under Tyrod. If he's good he'll beat a paper tiger Chiefs team that will probably keep him in the pocket. If you think the season is done due to this loss, you must feel that they weren't making the playoffs anyway with Taylor. That's how I felt, so while stunned by the decision I felt it was worth the shot and showed the Coaches don't think they could win with TT at QB. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Inside source... Take it for what it's worth. Passed to me 3rd hand by someone I trust infinitly

Taylors benching was 100% Dennison.   This was per Taylor from a conversation bhe had with confidant in messages exchanged today at halftime.

Dennison is the gift that keeps on giving. I sincerely hope this guy is not our OC next year

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

This wouldn't shock me. Dennsion is a weak DC anyway, and McD doesn't seem too hands on with the offense. He probably felt hamstrung by Taylor as he's unconventional. 

Just now, JM2009 said:

He was terrible. But terrible against an 8-2 team that can win the SB. The five wins he played pretty well. 

He just wasn't going to be defended the way those teams played him anymore. Certainly not by Anthony Lynn and crew 

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I believe it.  Total backfire.  Id almost rather have Hackett.

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Sounds like the story that was reported last week