Nate Peterman's performance against the Chargers

SDS

Which QB starts in Week 11?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in Week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

1 minute ago, GG said:

If you feel confident about your rookie, why not against a mistake prone 3-6 team?

The move clearly backfired, but the franchise QB is not on this roster and they need to keep looking.  

Because the sixth seed for the playoffs was very much up for grabs. This isn't rocket science here.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Your also not going to find a QB by trading down and then passing until the 4th round.

Essentially EVERY personnel move/decision these guys have made so far has been BAD. 

Yep. If the FO and McD couldn't see that the thing holding the team back most was and is the QB, there really isn't much hope. 

How was Peterman?   

My Bills watching goes back to 1963-64.   Seen lots of bad.  Late 60's, early 70's (Joe Collier, Harvey Johnson, Jim Ringo), the Kay Stevenson/ Hank Bullough  80's, the current drought.  

This coach is looking way over his head right now. 

This current string of three losses might be the worst I have even seen.  Could be the worst collection DLs, LBs, and WRs we ever had.   The right side of the OL is in shambles.  There are no backup RBs worth a dang. 

So, Peterman was as bad as it gets but what chance did he have given the rest of the cast?   He had a few bad breaks and then it snowballed.  He clearly is not ready to start any more games in this NFL season. 

Just now, JM2009 said:

Because the sixth seed for the playoffs was very much up for grabs. This isn't rocket science here.

You are assuming that Taylor was going to be able to score enough points to make up for the sorry defense. He can't and wouldn't have. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Yep. If the FO and McD couldn't see that the thing holding the team back most was and is the QB, there really isn't much hope. 

lol the crusaders never stop. TT isn't the long term answer but was far from the real problems with this team.

If he's that soft he needs to go find a safe space because he sucks anyway. 

QB is probably the toughest position in sports (in my view).  It is even tougher for rookies  

Bad coaches play players before they are ready.  Sometimes it takes time and it is not good for a player's development to be thrown into the fire too soon.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

If you feel confident about your rookie, why not against a mistake prone 3-6 team?

The move clearly backfired, but the franchise QB is not on this roster and they need to keep looking.  

Nearly all of there moves to secure a better QB have back fired.

- Pass on QB like Watson in 2017 draft CHECK

- not tank for possibly higher draft pick and play middling Bills football like always CHECK

What to look forward to in the future:

- Bills draft 5th best QB in 1st round

- Bills don't draft QB at all

You are assuming that Taylor was going to be able to score enough points to make up for the sorry defense. He can't and wouldn't have. 

Five picks, which he wouldn't have thrown, led to a lot of points. Nice try. Wasn't the defense an excuse for TT before this game?

5 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

Funny you say that considering the chargers had over 24 points off INTs this game. Same INTs that tyrod wouldnt have thrown

So the Chargers would have had to go a bit longer distance perhaps and maybe scored only 35-40 points? So what? Not throwing picks is great but 3 and outs are killers too. This D is awful right now and Tyrod wasn't scoring any points. He appears to be better than Peterman at this point but you had to try something, because it's not good enough. They can't switch out 5 guys on defense so they changed one on offense. If the team though Tyrod was going to win today the move isn't made. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Your also not going to find a QB by trading down and then passing until the 4th round.

Essentially EVERY personnel move/decision these guys have made so far has been BAD. 

Patrick Mahomes is the litmus test.  They clearly thought they could get a Mahomes level talent in the '18 draft, but also get a free option to see if Tyrod can elevate his game.  

If they don't draft a QB early next year, then it's time to get the pitch forks out.

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

It was, but they weren't going to get there with the way TT  played recently.

In any event, looks like Dareus's trade was a far greater impact on the team, and I'm not afraid to admit that I was wrong about the trade

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Five picks, which he wouldn't have thrown, led to a lot of points. Nice try. Wasn't the defense an excuse for TT before this game?

I remember last week when the Saints gaining 300 yards on the ground was Tyrod's fault.

How's that nonsense working out today?  Anyone?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Not to me it wasn't. The defense was the reason why they needed to score more points. So Taylor doesn't throw picks as he hardly throws at all, rarely downfield. They still were losing games by multiple TDs. They had to try something. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

So the Chargers would have had to go a bit longer distance perhaps and maybe scored only 35-40 points? So what? Not throwing picks is great but 3 and outs are killers too. This D is awful right now and Tyrod wasn't scoring any points. He appears to be better than Peterman at this point but you had to try something, because it's not good enough. They can't switch out 5 guys on defense so they changed one on offense. If the team though Tyrod was going to win today the move isn't made. 

Get over it boatcolada. Ya got beet. Ya hoped on the petermen train and you crashed into a dumpster fire. We couldve won today. We beat better teams this year than the chargers.

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ok, Probably not. 

But at least you lose with dignity in aa closer fought game.  If you played football and ever played on poor team you would get that. 

I am sure that many of the players feel that this coach just screwed up the season. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Come on. They were 5-4 with TT and had the sixth seed going to play a 3-6 team that could be scored on.

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Ok, Probably not. 

But at least you lose with dignity in aa closer fought game.  If you played football and ever played on poor team you would get that. 

I am sure that many of the players feel that this coach just screwed up the season. 

Ahhh they lost with so much dignity the last two weeks. If the team is poor they were losing anyway. That's pretty much what happened. The players screwed up the season losing to the Jets and Saints in horrendous fashion. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Did you see Tyrod on the sidelines?

He !@#$ing blows.

Did you see Peterman throw more interceptions in a half than Taylor has ALL SEASON?

This team was winning on one thing: turnover ratio.  Protect the ball, and take it away from the other team.  You unbelievable morons lose sight of that fact, and lose sight of the fact that whatever else he does, Taylor suits that by simply not turning over the damn ball.  So keep whinging about how much he !@#$ing blows, because he doesn't blow so badly that he can't win games.

12 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Dude, don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back. You criticized others for wanting Tyrod to fail but it’s as if you’re proud Peterman stunk just because you get to say I told you so and instigate with the Tyrod critics.

Edited by Bangarang

16 minutes ago, GG said:

You're not going to find the QB by playing Tyrod. Now you can cross both QBs off the list and keep moving on

Ok.......yep.........so draft a guy and just put that precious, pocket passing rookie in with this McBankrupted roster next year?

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

Come on. They were 5-4 with TT and had the sixth seed going to play a 3-6 team that could be scored on.

They were 5-4,because they couldn't begin to beat a Jets or Saints team that could be scored on. They are not good. If you think they would beat the Chargers with Taylor today good for you. I didn't and neither did the coaches. It didn't work.  The defense cannot stop anyone and Rivers is a better QB than what we have. Heck, McCown looked better. The team just isn't good. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea it was a sarcastic post that you clearly missed.

Yes, I did.  

Probably because far too many retards here would make the same post you did, but make it seriously AND think it was penetrating insight.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Dude, don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back. You criticized others for wanting Tyrod to fail but it’s as if you’re proud Peterman drunk just because you get to say I told you so and instigate with the Tyrod critics.

Let him have it. If Peterman played well there would be a ton of call outs and I told you so's.

He wished Peterman played well. It's not JMs fault that he didn't. 

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Statistically the worst performance by an nfl QB since the merger per WGR. 9 passes thrown, 5 picks.

Peterman is the answer though right? The offensive line isnt a problem, the late play calls arent a problem, the scheme isnt the problem it was Tyrod.

(sarcasm)

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Good example.

Wentz coaches designed an offense around HIM and then brought the kind of players in in bunches to execute it.

Same with Goff.

Some smart coaches have come to the realization that in order to compete with QB's with 10-20 years of wisdom in their back pocket on Sundays you gotta' make it easier for the specific QB you have.

It's not the 1980's..... where the strong survived and the smart eventually got crushed by age and violence........the wise survive now.........and it just takes too f*cking long to build an omniscient QB to try to fight fire with fire.    

You gotta' scheme for success and be able to win while you develop your QB.

You have to actually HAVE a QB before you build around him. See: marrone's final year. LOADS of talent especially on defense, but the offense just didn't go.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bill_with_it said:

Peterman is the answer though right? The offensive line isnt a problem, the late play calls arent a problem, the scheme isnt the problem it was Tyrod.

(sarcasm)

Here we go time to rally the CoT again. 

Petermans suck disqualifies Tyrod's suck.   ???

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Dude, don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back. You criticized others for wanting Tyrod to fail but it’s as if you’re proud Peterman stunk just because you get to say I told you so and instigate with the Tyrod critics.

I said all week that I hoped Peterman would do well because we are in the playoff race with the sixth seed. I didn't agree with the decision totally, but I want to win, know matter who is in there.The people that thought TT was a better option than Peterman were ridiculed with cocky posts all week from the crusader club. Sound advice: you should really just once be a little irritated with them. If your this unbiased poster you claim to be.

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ahhh they lost with so much dignity the last two weeks. If the team is poor they were losing anyway. That's pretty much what happened. The players screwed up the season losing to the Jets and Saints in horrendous fashion. 

The were the 6th seed going in.  If you are a player you take that and you try to win the next one.

The Coach made the call, he can live with results.  They will probably cut the rest of the pre-Carolina holdovers anyway.  Then we can play another season with Tolbert, Ducasse, Demarco and the rest of the "talent" they are bringing in. 

Just now, Bangarang said:

I wasn’t criticizing your point. I’m just saying this Tyrod vs Peterman argument is dumb.

Ah ok. Yeah it probably is. I didn't expect much difference result wise but I surely didn't see this clunker coming. Figured an int or two for the whole game.