What's your reaction if Peterman is terrible this Sunday

Steptide

45 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

how many games had taylor started?

12?

16?

or 38?

no, he wasn't thrown under the bus, he was benched for good reason. some either have blinders on or they just can not accept reality?

I'm not talking about the coaches...I'm talking about the fans. TT was buried long after his first full season by many people on this board and beyond. 

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

There seems to be some discrepancy between your recollection and the facts, OldTime. Alex Smith was traded, he wasn't an UFA. The Bills attempted to trade for Smith when the 49ers were changing over to CK. They offered the 9ers 3 draft picks ( at that point the only team to do so) for Alex, in turn forcing the Chiefs to match the offer. The Bills actually made a pretty strong move in attempt to land Smith in a trade after they released Fitzpatrick . 

....think you may be incorrect.......

"Smith became a free agent following the 2011 season. The 49ers were reported to be interested in signing Peyton Manning, who had just been released by the rebuilding Indianapolis Colts, leading Smith to visit the Miami Dolphins, reportedly with the intent to sign with the Dolphins if the 49ers signed Manning. Shortly after Manning made the decision to join the Denver Broncos, Smith signed a three-year contract worth $24 million to remain with the 49ers. "

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

While that is very possible it depends on what Miami, Baltimore, Oakland do in their games.    

Color me blind but the 5-4 Bills should be able to defeat the 3-6 Chargers. 

Should be able to but I think the Chargers record makes them look worse than they are.  I don't know what to expect from offense.  Part of me feels that it should be better.  I feel like defense is still going to be a dumpster fire unless they cause a bunch of turnovers again. 

59 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

If we do it shows the idiocracy from our fanbase if they expect Manning in his first game. Peterman deserves at least the rest of the year before even making a educated guess what he will or can become. I'm not even sure that is a large enough sample size to be honest. Hell, even Manning had a rough 1st year throwing 28ints to 26tds his rookie year.

Just show me accuracy and progression week to week NP.

What I want him to show me is that he can play better than Tyrod the rest of the year.  That's all that really matters this year.  To me anyways.  I want the best QB on the field at all times.  Same for every other position.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I'm not talking about the coaches...I'm talking about the fans. TT was buried long after his first full season by many people on this board and beyond. 

oh, the fans threw him under the bus. 

oh well, so they did. hopefully the kid will keep those pesky fans from throwing him under the bus as well.

has there ever been a QB that fans never threw under the bus? I'm sure damn near all of them have at one time or another.

On 11/17/2017 at 9:48 AM, Steptide said:

For me, I need more than one game, but it'd no doubt be disappointing. 

For me it has more to do with why and if he is whether Tyler is reinserted into game.

I am someone who believes players should be replaced in blowouts to give them game experience which McD did although the value is questionable based on prevent defense he was facing.

I am someone who believes players sometimes need to be pulled so they can watch team and play better next time which is why I get very irritated about players on IR or not able to play game not being on sideline or booth watching game.  You are getting paid - watch.  It is not like being on disability when insurance company will pull disability if you do work (this actually happened to me when I worked an hour on call from home because they said I could work).

If he is not pulled then I'd be disappointed in coaching staff not players - if he is not ready at this time no sense wasting an entire game learning that.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thanks for the painul memories 'Crispy.......you do know that during the short window when Alex Smith was a UFA, the OBD brain trusts, yes the legendary group of QB assessment and development, passed on interviewing him because they deemed Alex as "a lateral move from Fitzpatrick".....

One of, if not the single,  worst decisions in recent history by the Bills

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:39 PM, TigerJ said:

Start to focus on QBs in the draft.

This is how I feel. We have to know one way or another..

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

23 hours ago, NoPlayoffs said:

So not even his college coach had enough faith in him to allow him to throw the ball.  Great.

23 hours ago, NoPlayoffs said:

Exactly.  Peterman only threw for 300 yards once in his entire college career, yet some are acting like he's a passing savant.  Same old Bills.

23 hours ago, liverpoolkev said:

its to be expected because he is garbage 

To the 3 posters above me? you guys have NO CLUE!

1. The team was a run team not pass. It wasn't that they didn't let him throw the ball is that the team was so good running it.

2. Peterman came out of college with people saying he was the most NFL ready QB in that draft.

3. "Its to be expected because he is garbage?" some stupid posts here. hope you eat crow and enjoy it.

Wither Peterman making his 1st start on the road, you can't expect him not to struggle a little bit, especially at the beginning or 1st qter. As the game goes along though I think he will make this offense at least look more alive and he is the type that should spread the ball around. So we'll see how it goes.

You guys are so negative that I am shocked some of you are Bills fans.

This is supposed to be a exciting thing. to see if a QB turns into a star! and it seems like a lot of you just expect failure with 0 hope what so ever.

Me I am excited, nice to see something new... you just never no.. and to sit here and read some of the miserable people post negative miserable things

without even having a clue wth they are talking about is bringing me down to some of you guys pathetic levels of expectations.

Here is for rooting for your favorite team and having the smallest of hope that we might of found our man. Some of this negativity makes me sick.

I am aware that some of you all your life has had to deal with a garbage team but come on.. at least root for positive instead of expecting failure.

I will go back to reading the negativity and troll posts Sunday night because I am pretty done with this mess in this thread.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Anything is better than a false Tyrod hope... many HOF quarterbacks had poor first starts.

It was so nice not hearing nonsensical hyperbole like this for a couple years while actually scoring points, leading the league in big plays on offense, not watching boneheaded interceptions be thrown etc..

"Anything was better" than Bledsoe, Losman, Holcomb, Losman again, Edwards, Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Orton.......at least Tuel and Thad avoided enough PT to be "worse than anything".:lol:

YAAAAAAY! -That's my reaction... Brings us closer to obtaining "the guy"...  Hell, I'm not opposed to putting Logan Thomas under center if Nate Peters-out!

This season is a freebie for McBeandip. -They're free to try it ALL... Don't hold back, guys! -Let it all hang out!