What's your reaction if Peterman is terrible this Sunday

Steptide

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Exactly my question 

a pasted image w/o context 

2 game losing streak 

doesn’t Terrible Taylor have a longer one under Wrex?

wait so let me get this straight. am I reading this right? the 2 game lose streak where the whole team melts down isn't a big enough deal to mock the coach but its enough to bench the qb that had the same solid start to the season that the coach had?

I just wanna make sure we're on the same page.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If they win on Sunday, they have Indy at home and two games against a collapsing Miami team. Those latter two teams have just as many issues as the Bills have, albeit different ones. A 9-7 team will make it this year.

While I agree with everything you said, the Bills team the last 2 weeks is a coin flip to even win the Indy game or either Miami game.  That is my point, and its 100% because of how utterly dominated we got in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  If we continue to get embarrassed at the LOS on D and O, we will struggle to win even 2 more games.  So thats why I said the trenches to me are a much bigger concern in regards to making the playoffs than Peterman's play.  

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Counter question...... what if he comes out and lights it up with 5 TD passes and over 300 yards passing? How many will crown him after that 1 game?

Great question...and answer is way too many will.  While that would be GREAT to see...we need hold all judgment of Peterman until he has shown what he has done over the course of the rest of season.  While Chargers will be a tough opponent, any one performance of it is not the barometer to measure a career by any means.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

While I agree with everything you said, the Bills team the last 2 weeks is a coin flip to even win the Indy game or either Miami game.  That is my point, and its 100% because of how utterly dominated we got in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  If we continue to get embarrassed at the LOS on D and O, we will struggle to win even 2 more games.  So thats why I said the trenches to me are a much bigger concern in regards to making the playoffs than Peterman's play.  

totally agree. I think they run a risk of ruining the poor kid if that stuff doesn't get ironed out.

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

wait so let me get this straight. am I reading this right? the 2 game lose streak where the whole team melts down isn't a big enough deal to mock the coach but its enough to bench the qb that had the same solid to the season that the coach had?

I just wanna make sure we're on the same page.

I had to put him and a few others on ignore, finally. Couldn't take it anymore.

I'll be sad because

It will mean the playoff hopes are all but dead

It will bring more scrutiny on the coaches and make me question there ability to steer this team in the right direction and their decision making

I will have to come on here and not only read about a Bills loss but see the same people who crushed TT defend everything great white hope Peterman.

Here's to hoping this hypothetical stays hypothetical and he comes out and plays well!  We Bills fans are a funny bunch.  At 5-4 in the drivers seat for playoffs in the first time in forever and the thread is created not positively but negatively.  We are a beaten and battered bunch.  :bag:  Here's to Nate being great!

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If they win on Sunday, they have Indy at home and two games against a collapsing Miami team. Those latter two teams have just as many issues as the Bills have, albeit different ones. A 9-7 team will make it this year.

Thats all part of this decision though McD won't ever say that publicly.They know what games they need to win , this being one of them. You don't switch the QB unless you think he gives you a better chance to win. McD doesn't believe Taylor can win vs this team and Lynn. He will know how to stop Taylor . I'm amazed the Lynn factor hasn't been mentioned more often. 

13 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

its to be expected because he is garbage 

Exactly.  Peterman only threw for 300 yards once in his entire college career, yet some are acting like he's a passing savant.  Same old Bills.

Edited by NoPlayoffs
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

Exactly.  Peterman only threw for 300 yards once in his entire college career, yet some are acting like he's a passing savant.  Same old Bills.

He also played for a team that only threw the ball over 25x 4 times in 12 games last year. And, when he threw it more than that he got close to or over 300 and his average per attempt was actually quite good. His 2 highs were only 35 and 37 attempts.

Edited by horned dogs

I'm not anticipating him being terrible---also not anticipating him being phenomenal either.  I think he is somewhere in the middle.

I'm thinking that it was still worth making the call because we know Tyrod isn't going to be able to handle when teams drop into coverage on him and he is just going to sit there and refuse to throw into small windows and will either take sacks or dump the ball off underneath.  It's an unacceptable way to play QB in that situation...

Edited by matter2003