What's your reaction if Peterman is terrible this Sunday

Steptide

12 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

I would like to add that I'll feel a little depressed if Nate s**ts the bed. Every Bills fan should be saying their prayers that Peterman shows that he has the talent to grow into a franchise QB, because it would benefit the Bills greatly in next seasons draft. We love talking about our stockpile of draft picks and what it could mean in bringing talent to Buffalo, with many saying that we will package a bunch of picks together to move up and grab (hopefully) a future franchise QB. I hate that scenario. I'd rather keep as many of our picks as possible to draft talent at OL, DL, LB and infuse our team with talent sooner than later. A successful Peterman means more talented overall team next year. 

I really don't see a scenario in which NP is completely terrible in his debut and part of the reason I think McD made this change now is because on paper this is the 'easiest' game of the next three with KC & Hoodie/Brady on deck.

Don't get me wrong, this is not going to be easy against the Chargers for a number of reasons, specifically being a west coast road game and our history against Rivers and the Chargers. And they are probably one of the best 3-6 teams of all time given the circumstances. But they are 3-6 for a reason and their defense certainly has some weaknesses for this team to possibly exploit. Major concern is obviously guys like Bosa and Ingram who can truly destroy this online and make Peterman look like a rookie.

If terrible means he throws into tight windows and gets intercepted or leads his receivers into big hits, then it may be a learning experience.

If terrible means too many check downs, running when receivers are open, or really awful touch/accuracy, it may be a sign of trouble.

I personally don't believe he will be terrible although it would be a drag if his ass was handed to him but after all it is his first start as a rookie. wont name names but how many rookies had a bad game their first start? I'm thinking more struggled then had success?

that said, it wouldn't bother me but this place will be a mess for those still clamoring for taylor.

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

doesn’t Terrible Taylor have a longer one under Wrex?

3 game losing streak in 2016. only 2 in 2015.

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I love Sammy and Woods, but Tyrod didn't throw 300 even with them. Not that that matters at all.

Tyrod isn't coming back next year, why is it ridiculous to try out additional QBs?

Because we have a good opportunity to end the drought. Chargers, Miami, Colts.

35 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the whiners crying and screaming will be like music to my ears

you enjoy losing? and maybe missing out on the sixth seed? Fans should cry if that happens.

13 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Because we have a good opportunity to end the drought. Chargers, Miami, Colts.

you enjoy losing? and maybe missing out on the sixth seed? Fans should cry if that happens.

never bought into the playoff scenario stuff. this plane was in a death spiral

one of the WGR shows was recalling around 2006 when the Bills put a report on every press chair showing statistically how a 4-4 team was in the playoff race, so get off the back of the team because they were now going to the playoffs at 4-4.

Just now, row_33 said:

never bought into the playoff scenario stuff. this plane was in a death spiral

one of the WGR shows was recalling around 2006 when the Bills put a report on every press chair showing statistically how a 4-4 team was in the playoff race, so get off the back of the team because they were now going to the playoffs at 4-4.

The AFC is bad this year. The Bills control the sixth spot and 8-8 could be enough. This is the best chance in a long time.

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

The AFC is bad this year. The Bills control the sixth spot and 8-8 could be enough. This is the best chance in a long time.

Meh. F- the drought. At this point, with our roster, the better the chance we have at getting blue chippers the better of we will be long term. The playoff drought has nothing to do with this current team, it is what it is. I can't get excited to make the playoffs and get trounced in round 1. What I want is them to play hard and be as competitive as their talent allows them to be and be in a position to draft the best available players...

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Meh. F- the drought. At this point, with our roster, the better the chance we have at getting blue chippers the better of we will be long term. The playoff drought has nothing to do with this current team, it is what it is. I can't get excited to make the playoffs and get trounced in round 1. What I want is them to play hard and be as competitive as their talent allows them to be and be in a position to draft the best available players...

At this point I would take anything, even if we did get trounced. 

5 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

At this point I would take anything, even if we did get trounced. 

I know the frustration and frankly it is embarrassing...Don't get me wrong if we get in and get trounced that's fine. I wasn't suggesting a tank btw...

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

For me, I need more than one game, but it'd no doubt be disappointing. 

I wouldn't care and wouldn't change my mind on any aspect of this.

1. I like Peterman as a prospect, I won't evaluate or decide his career over his first start on the road against a tough team with a coach that knows our roster.
  2. Would just confirm likely no playoffs this year, which even though we are in the 6th seed is still looking like a long shot anyway given how poor we have been in the trenches last 2 weeks.  Peterman is one thing, but the trenches have been utterly DOMINATED on both sides of the ball 2 weeks in a row...literally 0% chance we make playoffs win or lose Sunday if this pattern continues with the schedule we have remaining.  
  3. If Peterman struggles and we lose, not a big deal.  In fact, the more Peterman loses the higher our pick is, meaning our future QB will be less costly to obtain next year.  So its a win win here...Peterman is good, we dont need to spend heavy in draft on QB.  If Peterman sucks, our cost to get our future QB goes down.  There is no down side win or lose.

If I felt QB was the only reason we might miss the playoffs, I would have more energy about this game and his performance.  But this team has been so atrocious on D, that I honestly have very low expectations of a win let alone a playoff birth.  There is a LOT that needs to QUICKLY turn around on this team for THIS season to matter, and Peterman is probably the least important part of that.  Had the D and OL not gone to crap, we could have won enough with TT to make playoffs.  So now, everything from here on out is 100% about next year and Peterman has the rest of this season, not just this game, to show me something before I make any conclusive ideas about his future here.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wouldn't care and wouldn't change my mind on any aspect of this.

1. I like Peterman as a prospect, I won't evaluate or decide his career over his first start on the road against a tough team with a coach that knows our roster.
  2. Would just confirm likely no playoffs this year, which even though we are in the 6th seed is still looking like a long shot anyway given how poor we have been in the trenches last 2 weeks.  Peterman is one thing, but the trenches have been utterly DOMINATED on both sides of the ball 2 weeks in a row...literally 0% chance we make playoffs win or lose Sunday if this pattern continues with the schedule we have remaining.  
  3. If Peterman struggles and we lose, not a big deal.  In fact, the more Peterman loses the higher our pick is, meaning our future QB will be less costly to obtain next year.  So its a win win here...Peterman is good, we dont need to spend heavy in draft on QB.  If Peterman sucks, our cost to get our future QB goes down.  There is no down side win or lose.

If I felt QB was the only reason we might miss the playoffs, I would have more energy about this game and his performance.  But this team has been so atrocious on D, that I honestly have very low expectations of a win let alone a playoff birth.  There is a LOT that needs to QUICKLY turn around on this team for THIS season to matter, and Peterman is probably the least important part of that.  Had the D and OL not gone to crap, we could have won enough with TT to make playoffs.  So now, everything from here on out is 100% about next year and Peterman has the rest of this season, not just this game, to show me something before I make any conclusive ideas about his future here.

If they win on Sunday, they have Indy at home and two games against a collapsing Miami team. Those latter two teams have just as many issues as the Bills have, albeit different ones. A 9-7 team will make it this year.

Schopp and the guys on the radio still are talking about the Playoffs. 

I see this season as the same as always. Tyrod had almost this exact record in 2015 and 2016 as the starter and the team faded down the stretch and lost critical games. 

This year, they almost made the turn, had their opportunity with the Jets, had the chance to get to 6-2. 

Instead they are now where they always are, 5-4, needing to go 5-2, or 4-3 to make the Playoffs with the Patriots twice. I have no faith, Tyrod or Peterman that this is going to happen with the Chiefs and Patriots (x2) on the roster, and the Bills are due to lose to the Colts. 

So in regards to Peterman, I have no objection for the Bills trying something else. We've seen this movie over and over. 5-4 and clinging.