Week 11: Chargers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced, Jordan Matthews Out

26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I don't think Tyrod is the solution, but I don't love the move. 

Mid November, in control of a playoff slot, and you switch to a 5th round rookie QB? Not a fan. 

There goes the playoffs... 

You have to take into fact, they've watched film on him every game and Sunday was probably the last straw.

When Taylor is bad...he's really bad.  They probably saw way too many missed opportunities and needed to make the change.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You have to take into fact, they've watched film on him every game and Sunday was probably the last straw.

When Taylor is bad...he's really bad.  They probably saw way too many missed opportunities and needed to make the change.

Of course, I think the pros and cons of Taylor are well known. I just don't think Peterman is an upgrade. 

Peterman is starting?? no friggen way! seroiusly??

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

now at least we get to see what we need to do in next years draft.'

'

come on Nathan!! let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm excited, can you tell????? 

Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

Of course, I think the pros and cons of Taylor are well known. I just don't think Peterman is an upgrade. 

I do have faith in Peterman.  I would have taken him in the 2nd round this year.

I understand why you don't and why many may not.  I've followed him all last year and really liked him coming out of college.

Just now, Foxx said:

Peterman is starting?? no friggen way! seroiusly??

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

now at least we get to see what we need to do in next years draft.'

'

come on Nathan!! let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm excited, can you tell????? 

I'm so freaking pumped!

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I do have faith in Peterman.  I would have taken him in the 2nd round this year.

I understand why you don't and why many may not.  I've followed him all last year and really liked him coming out of college.

I'm so freaking pumped!

you and me both!

nothing personal against Tyrod but...... he isn't a QB.

i know, i know..... he isn't terrible.......

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you and me both!

nothing personal against Tyrod but...... he isn't a QB.

i know, i know..... he isn't terrible.......

He was very firm in his statement “Tyrod is our starter” after the game Sunday.

They must have looked at film and just realized how bad our passing game is with him under center.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He was very firm in his statement “Tyrod is our starter” after the game Sunday.

They must have looked at film and just realized how bad our passing game is with him under center.

after watching the game Sunday. I'm thinking the Defense had something to say about this move as well.

With their season on the brink theChargers hold hope that Philip Rivers will be ready for Sunday's bout with the Bills.

The team is encouraged by their quarterback's progress through the concussion protocol after Rivers battled symptoms in the wake of Sunday's loss to the Jaguars, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

The uptick in health bodes well for Rivers' chances of facing Buffalo, but the veteran passer still must be cleared by an independent neurologist.

I will be at this game, so excited to see what the kid can do.  I got to see TT and the Bills beat the Rams in LA last year, so hoping to see the new blood come into LA and do the same to the Chargers!  Said all along I like the kid, shown some things, and just didnt feel he was ready to be a starter earlier in the season and thought sometime around or after week 10 would be the likely spot a switch would be made if TT didnt get the job done.  Glad he got the extra time to learn the game before just being thrown out there :)

#GoBills

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What they saw was a defense scheming taylor in a way that even Sister Mary's Home for the Blind could duplicate. LA is going to pressure Nate right from the get go, because that's what you do to rookies. If he can beat it early on and find some success they'll back out of it and then watch McCoy go nuts. 

On a side note, see Tolbert is being held out with an injury. Maybe the worm has turned.

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

it's a bird, it's a plane, it's...PETER MAN!!!!

Has anyone see SaviorPeterman today?

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

after watching the game Sunday. I'm thinking the Defense had something to say about this move as well.

Oh I'd wager the receivers had something to say along with Terry P

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Any update on Zay yet? He and Peterman looked good together early on.

Yeah, a rookie getting his first starty needs as many weapons as possible! And Zay had really started to come around and look like what we had all hoped for. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, a rookie getting his first starty needs as many weapons as possible! And Zay had really started to come around and look like what we had all hoped for. 

I'm excited for them to continue their senior bowl work and the flashes they showed in preseason.

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I'm excited for them to continue their senior bowl work and the flashes they showed in preseason.

The ultimate scenario is for them to be a dangerous duo for the next decade or so. A guy can dream, right? 

• Like (+1) 1

...anybody think Dennison and his vaunted "system" with TT was to force "the 'ol round peg in the square hole" and if he couldn't be effective, he wrote his own exit ticket for 2018?....something tells me that this guy's reason for inflexibility is far more than we'll ever know, a/k/a "something ain't passing the smell test"......just a thought......

• Like (+1) 1

What to watch for when the Bolts host the Bills.

The head coach provided an update on Philip Rivers .

With number 17 currently in the concussion protocol, there’s a chance Clemens will be under center when the game kicks off.

Head Coach Sean McDermott spoke with the media on Wednesday.

Head Coach Anthony Lynn provides an update on Philip Rivers' status, and what he expects to see during Sunday's game against Buffalo.

Ken Whisenhunt: "We Are Close in Every Game" (10:37)

Offensive Coordinator Ken Whisenhunt speaks to the media about preparing for Buffalo, moving past the loss in Jacksonville and the Chargers' chances of making the playoffs.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Bills Practice Photos: 11-15 

temp20171115BW0008--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

Check out practice photos of the Bills as they prepare to take on the Chargers.

Watch: Peterman to Start at Quarterback  (1:56)

Bills' Insider Chris Brown breaks down the news that Quarterback Nathan Peterman is starting Sunday's game in Los Angeles.

Peterman's first NFL start a dream come true

Bills' rookie Nate Peterman wasn't expecting to get the nod, but now that he's been tabbed the starting quarterback for Sunday's game he couldn't be happier.

Tre'Davious White: "Practice Hard"  (2:31)

Cornerback Tre'Davious White addressed the media inside the locker room topics include; preparing for two different quarterbacks, rebounding Sunday, facing different types of receivers in a game.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Ummm...

Has anyone seen the size of the Chargers secondary?

Both starting CB's are 5'11.  FS 6'1 and SS 5'10.  They only have three players above 6'1.  1 above 6'2.  Remaining 2 are reserves.

Benjamin 6'5. Logan Thomas 6'6.  Clay 6'3 with WR speed.  Holmes 6'4. 

They are telling NP right now "just throw it to me!  I'll catch it"

This should be an interesting game to watch.

Edited by dezertbill
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

Ummm...

Has anyone seen the size of the Chargers secondary?

Both starting CB's are 5'11.  FS 6'1 and SS 5'10.  They only have three players above 6'1.  1 above 6'2.  Remaining 2 are reserves.

Benjamin 6'5. Logan Thomas 6'6.  Clay 6'3 with WR speed.  Holmes 6'4. 

They are telling NP right now "just throw it to me!  I'll catch it"

This should be an interesting game to watch.

Seems like a pretty good match-up in the secondary and a bad match-up in the front 7. Peterman just needs to get that ball out quick.

So, with the new changes made, I'd like to see us sustain some longer drives. Our defense is good, but old. They cannot be relied on to go hard for 45 min of the game. The offense needs to stay on the field as long as possible, especially after the opposing team sustains a 10 plus min drive. They just have to find a way to give them more rest and keep the d-line fresh.

CBS Sports Straight Picks: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/11

4se2j5.jpg

CBS Sports ATS Picks: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/against-the-spread/11

2irt2r5.jpg

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol. Our defense is not good.

They are a lot better with Gaines healthy and in the lineup.  Unfortunately, he's been MIA all too often.