Week 11: Chargers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced, Jordan Matthews Out

26CornerBlitz

On 11/12/2017 at 8:53 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Tyrod is starting, so the Chargers will stack the box and take McCoy out. We will punt on almost every possession and get embarrassed in front of the 238 people in the stands.

It’s not to late to grow a pair of stones and name Peterman the starter. Give the fans something to actually look forward to and maybe save the season. Start Peterman or watch 5-2 go to 5-7. Tyrod has been figured out. 

I share your pain amd agree 100%, but McDermott won't make the switch until it's too late.  

Right now, Sean's going to be defensive, feeling like the fans and media think they know better than he, the head coach.  If McDermott is to bench Taylor, his ego won't allow the decision to be made under pressure from outsiders. It has to be of his own "perceived" volition.

So expect it to happen 3 weeks too late, after 5 straight losses and our playoff hopes dashed.

Then we'll hear Sean rattle off the standard, "I did what was in the best interest of the team" "Tyrod gave us the best chance to win" b.s.

On a side note, who here thinks Belichick WOULDN'T make the switch after Tyrod's last 2 outings?

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I share your pain amd agree 100%, but McDermott won't make the switch until it's too late.  

Right now, Sean's going to be defensive, feeling like the fans and media think they know better than he, the head coach.  If McDermott is to bench Taylor, his ego won't allow the decision to be made under pressure from outsiders. It has to be of his own "perceived" volition.

So expect it to happen 3 weeks too late, after 5 straight losses and our playoff hopes dashed.

Then we'll hear Sean rattle off the standard, "I did what was in the best interest of the team" "Tyrod gave us the best chance to win" b.s.

On a side note, who here thinks Belichick WOULDN'T make the switch after Tyrod's last 2 outings?

What a bunch of nonsense thinking the coach is factoring fan sentiment in his decision making process.  It's laughable. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

My point was that, McDermott will be hearing it from EVERYONE and his ego will not allow him to make the necessary change.

Really not that hard to comprehend.

It's easy to comprehend and it doesn't mean anything because coaches don't give a crap about what fans think should happen so his ego has nothing to do with that. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's easy to comprehend and it doesn't mean anything because coaches don't give a crap about what fans think should happen so his ego has nothing to do with that. 

He doesn't have to care what we think.  We're right, he (so far) is wrong.  He'll reach that conclusion in due time.

Lets be real, Belichick would not have benched Bledsoe for Brady if Bledsoe was healthy.  By the time Bledsoe was Brady was showing his skill and Belickick has no choice.  I do not blame McD for sticking with Tyrod.  It is what coaches do and do anything less would hurt his credibility with the team.  But to be stubborn about it would be wrong too.  I would think he keeps Tyrod on a short leash Sunday.  If the Bills cannot get the offense moving after at least the 1st quarter, I would expect him to insert Peterman for a series or two.  If he does well, you keep him going.  If he gets the game result, you pull him out and put Tyrod back in.  Peterman gets valuable experience without throwing him to the wolves; and Tyrod gets some time on the bench to hopefully smolder.  I said this in another post, if the Bills lose and go to 5-5 any dreams of the playoffs are going to be figuratively lost.  They traded for Benjamin, they gave the signal they want to win now.  McD shuffles in players all game without regard to "starters"; why shouldn't he hold the same philosophy for the QB?

56 minutes ago, DCBongo said:

Lets be real, Belichick would not have benched Bledsoe for Brady if Bledsoe was healthy.  By the time Bledsoe was Brady was showing his skill and Belickick has no choice.  I do not blame McD for sticking with Tyrod.  It is what coaches do and do anything less would hurt his credibility with the team.  But to be stubborn about it would be wrong too.  I would think he keeps Tyrod on a short leash Sunday.  If the Bills cannot get the offense moving after at least the 1st quarter, I would expect him to insert Peterman for a series or two.  If he does well, you keep him going.  If he gets the game result, you pull him out and put Tyrod back in.  Peterman gets valuable experience without throwing him to the wolves; and Tyrod gets some time on the bench to hopefully smolder.  I said this in another post, if the Bills lose and go to 5-5 any dreams of the playoffs are going to be figuratively lost.  They traded for Benjamin, they gave the signal they want to win now.  McD shuffles in players all game without regard to "starters"; why shouldn't he hold the same philosophy for the QB?

Because he doesn't want to follow the example of the Cleveland Clowns. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

3-6 and no Rivers more than likely. But who knows. This the game for the season.

IKR. Looking at their record, and without Rivers, we're lucky to be in this position to win this game. Yet, it won't be an easy game. The rest of the team is legit. And they were rounding into form. They played Jags tough man. They almost won if not for that stupid pick by Rivers. 

4 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

IKR. Looking at their record, and without Rivers, we're lucky to be in this position to win this game. Yet, it won't be an easy game. The rest of the team is legit. And they were rounding into form. They played Jags tough man. They almost won if not for that stupid pick by Rivers. 

i'm usually quite the optimist but if you look back on the last 2 games its no far fetched to think we still get handled even with clemons trotting out for them. they can pressure the qb and have 2 very capable dual threats at rb. a solid recipe for the loss right there.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm usually quite the optimist but if you look back on the last 2 games its no far fetched to think we still get handled even with clemons trotting out for them. they can pressure the qb and have 2 very capable dual threats at rb.

I agree. Only two reasons why we might have a chance - the drubbing we took last sunday SHOULD bring out the best in players and coaches, and Rivers not playing. Clemons is a dinker and we'll take that all day.

10 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

True, but they have no home field edge. There could be more Bills fans there.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CanadianFan said:

I agree. Only two reasons why we might have a chance - the drubbing we took last sunday SHOULD bring out the best in players and coaches, and Rivers not playing. Clemons is a dinker and we'll take that all day.

I don't disagree but he honestly may not have to throw more than 10-15 balls. I don't think I've ever seen such a horrid 2 game stretch in run defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

That's what we thought after the drubbing they took two Thursdays before.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

BILLS ROUNDTABLE: WHERE BUFFALO SITS IN THE AFC PLAYOFF RACE

1114-roundtable-benjamin.jpg

Bills analysts Chris Brown and Donald Jones breakdown the AFC playoff race, provide an early preview of the Bills-Chargers match-up plus discuss other topics around the NFL in this week's edition of Bills Roundtable.

I did better - game by game match by match forecast of each competitor's game results with possible win totals to see who wins that race. My forecast: Current division leaders, Titans & Jags. Ravens get the last seed. 

Gregg Rosenthal catches you up on everything you need to know as we turn from Week 10 to Week 11.

Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick are fond of saying that the NFL season doesn't start until after Thanksgiving. For the upstart Los Angeles Rams and the rest of the teams that make up this crowded NFC playoff picture, that schedule is getting moved up a week this season.

Some panic is acceptable

1) The Bills' run defense. It's not just how much the Saints ran on the Bills on Sunday, it's where they ran. On play after play, New Orleans gashed Buffalo right up the gut of their defense. By the time Saintsfullback Zach Line rumbled for 9 yards up the middle during a streak of 24 straight Saints runs, the hyped (ahem) Bills defense of 2017 had been essentially laid to rest on the field.

It was as if the Bills were awestruck by the Saints' firepower during their 298-yard rushing performance. The Saints had their offensive line fully healthy for nearly the first time all season. Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara are the most dynamic 1-2 punch in the league. Kamara broke two tackles to turn a routine third-and-long swing pass into a fourth-and-1 that coach Sean Payton aggressively went for. Ingram blasted over defenders on the ensuing short-yardage run for a 25-yard gain down to the 5-yard line.

No matter how much credit the Saints deserve, however, the Bills' defense giving up 81 points and 492 rushing yards in a two-week span is demoralizing because a tough-minded defense was the bedrock of its identity. That these performances came directly after Bufalo traded away defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, who had an excellent game as a run-stuffer in Jacksonville on Sunday, makes them more painful.

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No matter how much credit the Saints deserve, however, the Bills' defense giving up 81 points and 492 rushing yards in a two-week span is demoralizing because a tough-minded defense was the bedrock of its identity.

THIS is why those 2 losses were so tough to take. Let's face it - this defense is NOT ****. But without Dareus, it's like the whole defense fell apart. Parts are strong but the key link is gone.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Translation is we miss Dareus more than we anticipated. 

No doubt.

I think the coach's are knowledgeable enough that they knew they would miss Dareus. They were willing to accept the outcome in this 1st year and wanted to see how the DTs responded. Obviously, it has not been good.

On 11/12/2017 at 9:50 PM, KD in CA said:

Wifey and I are househunting.  I might just take all my cash to Vegas to bet the SD moneyline and make things that much easier.

Wear your lucky Chargers jersey.

On 11/13/2017 at 12:05 AM, billspro said:

Honestly even if we snuck into the playoffs at 8-8 who cares. This team showed it can't compete with the big boys. Our "playoff" game would look a lot like the game today. 

You will not need to worry when you are released from Practice Squad.