Week 11: Chargers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced, Jordan Matthews Out

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol. Our defense is not good.

Yeah, the last two games were very bad, but those guys were noticeably tired. They were doing great against quality teams the first seven games, but the last two we were destroyed. I think our defense is much better than those two performances. Well I hope so lol.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So my question does Tyrod have enough trade value going forward to exercise his option? 

Despite what many think here, I believe there is trade value.

Second rounder for Garapollo proves that.

But is his option once exercised tradeworthy? 

The right team with the right OC and offensive talent could use him. Don't ask me who that is.

Denver? 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The right team with the right OC and offensive talent could use him. Don't ask me who that is.

Denver? 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He'll either be traded or released before they have to pay the roster bonus. 

I think 26CB makes a good point. He could be traded before the roster bonus date. It probably would be for just a low pick. You could argue that all teams would have to do is wait for Taylor to be released but then he can pick his landing spot.  If a team wants him bad enough they might give up something.

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Denver? 

Garapollo, even though very small sample size where he played well, is a QB who can be plugged into many systems. And has learned under Brady/NE's coach...therefore he had really high trade value..

TT is the exact opposite of that. He is a very scheme specific QB. His value would only be there (in the trade market OR in FA next year) to a team that realizes he must be built around, and not forced into a system that he doesnt belong in (like here, or 30 other nfl offenses). 

On top of all that, if his 16 million dollar option is picked up...he has 0 trade value. Maybe if his contract was for like 6-9 million then the right team might trade for him...but seeing in how there are only a couple teams/coaches who run this offense (KC) or might be willing to adapt their offense to fit TT, trading TT is impossible 

When I usually post the money flows, but the game is off the board with Rivers situation up in the air, so no insight into who Vegas likes.

But one that jumps out like crazy is they are begging you, and I mean begging , to bet the Pats right now. 90% of the money on the Pats.

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

When I usually post the money flows, but the game is off the board with Rivers situation up in the air, so no insight into who Vegas likes.

But one that jumps out like crazy is they are begging you, and I mean begging , to bet the Pats right now. 90% of the money on the Pats.

I could see Oakland pulling that upset FO SHO

3 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Garapollo, even though very small sample size where he played well, is a QB who can be plugged into many systems. And has learned under Brady/NE's coach...therefore he had really high trade value..

TT is the exact opposite of that. He is a very scheme specific QB. His value would only be there (in the trade market OR in FA next year) to a team that realizes he must be built around, and not forced into a system that he doesnt belong in (like here, or 30 other nfl offenses). 

On top of all that, if his 16 million dollar option is picked up...he has 0 trade value. Maybe if his contract was for like 6-9 million then the right team might trade for him...but seeing in how there are only a couple teams/coaches who run this offense (KC) or might be willing to adapt their offense to fit TT, trading TT is impossible 

agreed, zero value on the trade market. No one wanted to pay starter money last year with no compensation, and i don't think his performances this year would have changed many minds

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think 26CB makes a good point. He could be traded before the roster bonus date. It probably would be for just a low pick. You could argue that all teams would have to do is wait for Taylor to be released but then he can pick his landing spot.  If a team wants him bad enough they might give up something.

regardless of his past issues, Dareus was traded for a low draft pick and he has a hell of a lot more talent then taylor. I say trade him, take what you can get, maybe a 6th? all he was valued at 7 years ago.

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

I see. His rights are worth a pick for some select teams. But Yea $16 mil is dalton money- probably a harder sell. 

Still i I never underestimate the ego of some personnel office or coach out there who thinks they  can do better. 

Denver seems to be the closest fit to me. A team with youngish talent to win now, on both sides of the ball but no QB solution. Washington depending on what happens with cousins.  Or a team like Cleveland might, just because it's better than the current state. 

That's probably the best opportunity.  Suffice it to say, if Peterman outperforms, #5 jersey is available again.

That's a very good point.  probably the best opportunity from my armchair GM position.  

Suffice it to say, if Peterman outperforms, #5 jersey is available again. 

Can a Trade can be contingent on a restructure? I feel like it ends up happening, but I never know if it's a condition. 

Peterman Puts in Another Good Day

Posted by Chris Brown on November 16, 2017 – 2:19 pm

For Nate Peterman day two with the starting offense went just as well as day one on Wednesday. Head coach Sean McDermott confirmed that his rookie QB is putting good days together in preparation for Sunday.

“He’s done a good job,” McDermott said. “He’s worked hard like we would expect and like he’s done in all the other weeks. I thought a good practice Wednesday as well as Thursday.”

Peterman is making his first NFL start on Sunday at Los Angeles.

30 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Is the Hauschka injury new? Don't remember him having a hip injury...

It is new. 1st time he's appeared on the list all season long.

FS_DIG_NFL_111617_FPI_Bills_Chargers.png

FPI: BILLS BIG UNDERDOGS VS. BOLTS

Buffalo enters off back-to-back losses by a combined 50 points, with a rookie fifth-rounder set to debut at QB. FPI gives the Chargers -- who have also lost two straight -- a 4-1 advantage at home, making this the most lopsided matchup of Week 11.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

56 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It is new. 1st time he's appeared on the list all season long.

FS_DIG_NFL_111617_FPI_Bills_Chargers.png

FPI: BILLS BIG UNDERDOGS VS. BOLTS

Buffalo enters off back-to-back losses by a combined 50 points, with a rookie fifth-rounder set to debut at QB. FPI gives the Chargers -- who have also lost two straight -- a 4-1 advantage at home, making this the most lopsided matchup of Week 11.

I hate losing, but at least the Bills get back the underdog status. That is what really matters here 

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let us give Peterman 3-4 games before gauging our QB situation. If he is the next coming of Tuel, the Bills may want to hang on to TT at least one more season. OTOH if he plays even half as competently as the rookie Russell Wilson, then this will became a possibility. 

Here is the breakdown of the topics they addressed and where to find them:

00:00-20:28 - The Bills' change at quarterback.

20:28-32:22 - Where do offensive coordinator Rick Dennison and the Bills' offense go from here?

32:22-46:13 - What will it take for the Bills' run defense to rebound from back-to-back terrible performances.

46:13-57:48 - Answering the questions you've submitted to @viccarucci and @JaySkurski.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bncore/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/111617.mp3  (57:48)

How the Bolts Prepare for Unknown Rookie QB
"Honestly, it’s a little more challenging."

The Chargers began the week preparing for Tyrod Taylor.  One of the game’s top dual-threat quarterbacks, Taylor has already completed 163-of-254 attempts (64.2-percent) for 10 TDs and just three interceptions for a 91.4 passer rating.  He’s also carried the ball 53 times for 237 yards and another pair of scores. They had tons of game film on Taylor over the years, including first-hand knowledge from Head Coach Anthony Lynn, who spent the past few seasons coaching the quarterback.

DOyr_VhW0AIOrmX.jpg:large

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Here is the breakdown of the topics they addressed and where to find them:

00:00-20:28 - The Bills' change at quarterback.

20:28-32:22 - Where do offensive coordinator Rick Dennison and the Bills' offense go from here?

32:22-46:13 - What will it take for the Bills' run defense to rebound from back-to-back terrible performances.

46:13-57:48 - Answering the questions you've submitted to @viccarucci and @JaySkurski.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bncore/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/111617.mp3  (57:48)

Vic needs to be able to identify what a prevent defense is. The Saints weren't playing a prevent defense the entire time Peterman was in the game. 

Couldn't listen to more than 10 minutes of that podcast. Carucci's and Skurski's lack of football insight is staggering. It often comes across in their writing, but when they articulate that lack of insight? It's torturous. 

Nathan Peterman won't succeed if Bills defense can't improve

Defensive-minded head coach Sean McDermott has seen his Bills rank 28th in points allowed per game and 30th in yards allowed per game since Week 5.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Couldn't listen to more than 10 minutes of that podcast. Carucci's and Skurski's lack of football insight is staggering. It often comes across in their writing, but when they articulate that lack of insight? It's torturous. 

I actually enjoyed their perspective in this episode.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I've always enjoyed Vic's weekly podcasts.

Joe Buscalia and Sal Mariana also do some pretty hard hitting weekly analysis via podcast.