Week 11: Chargers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced, Jordan Matthews Out

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Defer, defer, defer.  

And when we had a chance both deep passes were off target coupled with a couple crappy penalties. 

Those deep balls set the entire tone for the offense. The following Saints drive set the tone for the entire rest of the game. 

no hope for this game. next two really. sorry I have tried hard to be optimistic and have even given those who have always been negative a hard time but after the last two games even the most optimistic has to be very discouraged. they have no chance on the road against either the chargers or kc. they may only win two more in the next seven, maybe?

these rebuilds are getting very tiresome for this long time bills fan. in a word, it sucks.

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

no hope for this game. next two really. sorry I have tried hard to be optimistic and have even given those who have always been negative a hard time but after the last two games even the most optimistic has to be very discouraged. they have no chance on the road against either the chargers or kc. they may only win two more in the next seven, maybe?

these rebuilds are getting very tiresome for this long time bills fan. in a word, it sucks.

It is not that they lost but how they lost. 

Cheer up.  There's always next year!! :D

The wheels are off the wagon... there will be no playoffs... no way no how. And I actually thought I saw some hope 3 weeks ago... 

It would be refreshing to see a bold move in QB changes but I doubt it happens... QB is not th eonly problem this team has obvioulsy

36 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

The wheels are off the wagon... there will be no playoffs... no way no how. And I actually thought I saw some hope 3 weeks ago... 

It would be refreshing to see a bold move in QB changes but I doubt it happens... QB is not th eonly problem this team has obvioulsy

Not so obvious if you listen to some on TSW. I hope they make a change as well, but little hope this week.

I haven't been posting much lately because I never expected the Bills to be successful this season and have generally just been enjoying the ride, but this thing is about to fly off the rails unless the coaches shake things up.

I've thought Taylor was the best QB on the roster and a pretty good overall NFL QB for the last few years, but with a struggling defense and two straight blow out losses, I think the Bills need to make a change at QB. Taylor isn't built to lead an offense that needs to play from behind, and in any game where we have to abandon the run and lose our balance on offense, we've always been screwed and I don't expect anything different in the coming games.

I watched the Notre Dame-Miami game the other night, and as soon as Notre Dame got down, they benched their QB because Wimbush was never the type of QB to lead them back from a big deficit because he's not a good enough passer. Hearing the Jets, and now the Saints once again tell the NFL that the way to beat up on our offense is to "make Tyrod be a pocket passer", we need to make a change because that's what every team is going to make him do for the rest of the season. 

The Bills' lack of talent has been exposed the last two weeks, and Taylor is no longer the best QB on this roster. Without a strong defense, and an efficient running game, his style is destined to result in more blow out losses because he can't sustain drives when asked to make plays from within the pocket. If we want to continue pushing for a playoff spot, we need to make a change at QB and insert Peterman into the starting lineup, because as a pocket passer I don't see how he can be any worse than what we saw the last two weeks. 

The Chargers game is absolutely a must win if we want to make the post season, and McDermott needs to shake things up or else risk another blow out loss with upcoming games at the Chiefs and against the Pats on the schedule. This could quickly spiral out of control, and we could wind up with 9 or 10 losses if we don't right the ship immediately. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Pretty telling the the early line from Vegas has a 4-6 team favored over a 5-4 Bills team and by more than the standard 3 points the home team is given by default.

In other words everybody knows the Bills are finished.

If the Bills keep playing the way they have these last two then they are finished. The line is irrelevant to me. Sand Diego isn't very good, and did everything they could to lose yesterday, something they've been accustomed to since last year. The Bills can win, but if they don't, you can pretty much stick a fork in them.

45 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I haven't been posting much lately because I never expected the Bills to be successful this season and have generally just been enjoying the ride, but this thing is about to fly off the rails unless the coaches shake things up.

rumor was you were banned.  

20 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I think if we beat the Chargers we will be right back in the playoff hunt.

Although, nothing I saw yesterday gives me any confidence that we will win

CBF

well technically as of today we are the #6 seed.

Win Sunday and we keep the #6 spot. 

35 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I think if we beat the Chargers we will be right back in the playoff hunt.

Although, nothing I saw yesterday gives me any confidence that we will win

CBF

With good reason.  They are trending downward, but it's a week to week league with a chance to erase the past two weeks. 

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Defer, defer, defer.  

And when we had a chance both deep passes were off target coupled with a couple crappy penalties. 

Does anyone get the point in deferring?

Wouldnt it be better to get the offense into a rhythm? See what the offense does well and what isnt working? Since it's the best way to score points?

Its good to score first right? Well i guess the bills scored first yesterday and sucked it up after. 

20 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Pretty telling the the early line from Vegas has a 4-6 team favored over a 5-4 Bills team and by more than the standard 3 points the home team is given by default.

In other words everybody knows the Bills are finished.

The Chargers are only 3-6.  Anyways, the Bills will get blown out!

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Even if they win this game, they'll face KC and NE next. They're looking at 6-6 and a tough road to the playoffs.

Hopefully, they find some kind of spark. 

The good news is that we're currently in a playoff spot and everyone behind has also has a tough road to the playoffs.

I'm flat out eliminating all the 3 win teams. None of them are running the table to get to 10 and 6 and I don't see any of them winning 6 of 7 to get to 9 and 7. They're all out.

That leaves the Raiders, Ravens, and Dolphins.

The Raiders (who we beat), still have to play: Pats, Broncos, Giants, @ Chiefs, Cowboys, @ Eagles, @ Charges. I see at least 2 losses here, probably 3 .That puts them at 9-7 or more likely 8-8.

The Ravens still have to play: @ Packers, Texans, Lions, @ Steelers, @ Browns, Colts, Bengals. I see another 2 losses, although I'm not sold on the 3rd one. That puts them at 9-7, hopefully 8-8. We're all HUGE Packers fans this weekend. 

Last is the Dolphins, in addition to playing us twice, they play: @ Carolina, Tampa, @ New England, Denver, New England, @ KC. I see 3, maybe 4 losses here. Without playing us, that puts them at 7-7 or 6-8. Unless they beat us twice, they have no shot at the playoffs.

Knowing what we know about the competition, the Bills need to get to 9 wins. If they win this Sunday, they probably get there (def better than 50-50). If they lose this Sunday, I think the wheels probably come off and we finish no better than 8-8. 

The bottom line is this - the AFC is terrible this year. 9-7 legitimately might make the 2nd wildcard, and given how inconsistent everyone is, 8 wins might get it done. All I know is we need to win Sunday against the Chargers to have any real shot. 

Edited by jrober38

I guess our coach has no interest in making the offense better by making a qb change, so obviously the defense is going to have to get fixed. What is this guys plan to making the defense better? Sit Kyle and play Worthy? Sit Lawson? Slide Washington to DE and play a bigger D line across the board? Take out the piano backs of Preston Brown and Lorenzo Alexander? Put in Milano? I hope the answer is something different and not expecting the same trash personnel to all of a sudden just get good.

Eric D. Williams ESPN Staff Writer 

Anthony Lynn already ruled out right tackle Joe Barksdale for a fourth straight game due to a lingering turf toe injury. Barksdale suffered a setback during practice last week, and could be out for an extended period of time if he does not show positive results after staying off the injury for another week. "I just want to give him a chance to get completely well," Lynn said. "And if not, I think we're going to have to do something else."