Is every team with 3 losses doomed?

Currently, in the AFC, the Bills, Dolphins, Titans, Jaguars, and Chiefs all have three loses. Are all of their seasons over too, or is it just us?

Aside from the Patriots and Steelers (and the teams mentioned above), everyone else has more than 3 loses. They must really be doomed! I cannot even imagine how negative  the fans on those boards must be.

What about the NFC? Is three losses after week 9 a nail in the coffin in that league too, or is it just an AFC thing? Or, is it just a Bills thing? I just want to make sure I fully understand the state of hysteria and misery I should be in.

Nope just us. Battered Bills fan syndrome. Every team has a flaw. 

The Chiefs defense has looked bad for quite awhile. The Jaguars have to hide Bortles most days (not today). The Titans offense has been not great and their defense inconsistent. The Texans lost Watson so I'm no longer even worried about them being in the discussion considering their other injuries. The Dolphins are a wreck and it's amazing they have 4 wins. The Ravens offense is awful. 

5 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Look at who we face in the next four games. 

The Saints will be a tough game, no doubt. But at least we get them in Buffalo, with hopefully some less than ideal weather conditions.

If the Chargers scare you at all, I don't know what to say. Fun side note, they've scored 24 less points than us on the season.

Chiefs can be beat, Dallas just proved that. Yes, Dallas has looked good in recent weeks, but they are far from being a dominant team. Chiefs also dropped a game to Oakland, who we dismantled. Not saying this game is easy, but we can win it. It is not like it is impossible.

Patriots in Buffalo after that. Yea, a division game against the Pats is always going to be a challenge, even at home.

Let's play the games before we write our season off as over though.

Edited by DisplacedBillsFan
Spelling

27 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Currently, in the AFC, the Bills, Dolphins, Titans, Jaguars, and Chiefs all have three loses. Are all of their seasons over too, or is it just us?

Aside from the Patriots and Steelers (and the teams mentioned above), everyone else has more than 3 loses. They must really be doomed! I cannot even imagine how negative  the fans on those boards must be.

What about the NFC? Is three losses after week 9 a nail in the coffin in that league too, or is it just an AFC thing? Or, is it just a Bills thing? I just want to make sure I fully understand the state of hysteria and misery I should be in.

17 years no playoffs. The answer to everything. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

17 years no playoffs. The answer to everything. 

Time to quit living in the past. Yea, the last 17 years have sucked, and left many with a bad taste in their mouth, but let it go.

This team has a lot happening for them that teams of the last 17 year haven't. Try to take the time to be a little optimistic about our decent start. You may enjoy it.

16 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Benjamin is going to be huge the second half of the season.

+ Clay coming back. + Jones seemed to be breaking through his early struggles.

3 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Time to quit living in the past. Yea, the last 17 years have sucked, and left many with a bad taste in their mouth, but let it go.

This team has a lot happening for them that teams of the last 17 year haven't. Try to take the time to be a little optimistic about our decent start. You may enjoy it.

This is who the Bills are until they prove otherwise

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is who the Bills are until they prove otherwise

There are more things different about this team (e.g. owners, coaches, players, scheme, mindset, culture, etc.), than there are things that a similar to those teams, so I'm gonna go ahead and say it is time to quit comparing them to teams from the last 17 years.

Being the BIlls doing  Billsie kinds of things likiing choking on Thursday night I would say ya they're toast.  Now if they were any other team except Cleveland I'd say ya lets forget that last game and move on boys....but being a Buffalo team this is where they just go into that yearly nosedive.  7-9.........again.  Sabres......lottery.......again.  Personally with all the losiing I'm kinda numb to it now.  I don't cheer nor do I get mad.  I just sit there and watch.  I kind of just gave up. I still care but without any expectations except for both teams to do typical Buffalo things......lose......a lot....in the most exquisitely cruel ways.  In fact most of the time when I watch I just feel sad........like I know neither of these teams are going to win a championship before i die or maybe ever.

I don't think its that we have 3 losses, just at HOW we lost on Thursday that raised question marks all over the place.

The pain I felt on Thursday believe it or not, still lingers. I'm not part of the "we're doomed" crowd. But I was brought back to Earth on Thursday.

I'm hoping it was just one of those days because this time, the whole team was trash. Not just the offense.

The smarter part of my brain tells me that we need turnovers to actually have a chance at winning games and that worries me. I mean really worries me. Like saviorpeterman kind of worried.

5 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I don't think its that we have 3 losses, just at HOW we lost on Thursday that raised question marks all over the place.

The pain I felt on Thursday believe it or not, still lingers. I'm not part of the "we're doomed" crowd. But I was brought back to Earth on Thursday.

I'm hoping it was just one of those days because this time, the whole team was trash. Not just the offense.

The smarter part of my brain tells me that we need turnovers to actually have a chance at winning games and that worries me. I mean really worries me. Like saviorpeterman kind of worried.

A) THAT is one heck of a hangover. (Just kidding.)

B) Maybe you need to seek help? (NOT kidding.)  

:huh:

4 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I think the Thursday game was difficult because we do not have superstar talent on this roster that can just take over and win games with ability. This team needs to rely on scheme and preparation to be successful, which is why I think Incognito was so frustrated.

YES, the Jets also had a short week, and most teams that play on Thursday night have short weeks, so it is "fair" in that sense. But, I think the limited preparation time definitely affects teams differently. Aaron Rogers, Brady, AJ Green, Zeke...guys like that are gonna go out and play and can win whether they have 2 days off or 10. This team does not have talent to that level, and they need the preparation time to make sure they play smart and know exactly what they are doing.

19 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

There are more things different about this team (e.g. owners, coaches, players, scheme, mindset, culture, etc.), than there are things that a similar to those teams, so I'm gonna go ahead and say it is time to quit comparing them to teams from the last 17 years.

Hey, I’m happy to be wrong. But I’ve been on this forum for all of the 5-2 starts and seen the same optimistic reasons for why it would be different.  

Yet here we are. 

Our gaps are massive on both sides of the line and there’s no reason to believe it will get any better.  McDermott refuses to send more than 4 rushers and the QB’s will continue to pick us apart.  

Again, happy to be wrong. 

24 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

We may have just played the second or third worst game by ANY team at this point in the season 3 days ago, and you still feel this confident? Our strength was defense and they got steam rolled by Forte and Powell. Ingram and Kamara are 20x that duo and guess who is handing off the ball to them?

IMO Jets was a must-win because there are some tough games that we needed wiggle room with. I still think we finish 8-8 and 9-7 best case scenario. We can make the playoffs at 9-7 this year, but they need to win games like this one thats coming up.

Just now, Elite Poster said:

We may have just played the second or third worst game by ANY team at this point in the season 3 days ago, and you still feel this confident? Our strength was defense and they got steam rolled by Forte and Powell. Ingram and Kamara are 20x that duo and guess who is handing off the ball to them?

IMO Jets was a must-win because there are some tough games that we needed wiggle room with. I still think we finish 8-8 and 9-7 best case scenario. We can make the playoffs at 9-7 this year, but they need to win games like this one thats coming up.

Is 8-8 really that bad this year? The list of sure-fire QBs in the draft grows thin...

Comparing us to the chiefs is pretty sensible. Are we 2 clear of any other team in our Div with the 3 losses? Or for any of the other teams with 3 losses. Outside of Miami, who else has to deal with catching NE? It’s just so aggravating when people act like everything with this team is always fine and nobody should over react or have doubt. We have the longest playoff drought in professional sports. This team has earned no benifit of the doubt. When they actually Finnish a season off, then people can stay calm and expect things to be okay. Look at who we play the last 8 games. 4-4 would actually be good. That’s not something to be excited about,

59 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If we were 8-0 a select few would say we'd finish 8-8.  It's bizarre.

LOL  so true. 

Some folks cant seem to just wait and see what happens instead of trying to predict the entire season after every single game.  Focus!!

Edited by nedboy7

1 hour ago, JM2009 said:

Benjamin is going to be huge the second half of the season.

YES!!!  I Billieve. Benji will help a lot, so will Clay and Matthews at full strength. We need Dennison to let TT play his game and the D needs to step up. No more 150+ yd rushing or 3-4TD passing games. Got to hold opponents to 20 or less and we are in.

No but, I know that Ohio State will not win a national championship with two losses. ( Changing the subject ) For all the Cardale Jones haters specially you know who. They can not win one without CJ. Barret had three years as a starter and Choked with 4 picks on a blow out loss. Therefore, FFFacial to whoever was hating on CJ. No Champs without Cardale.

8 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Only the ones that didn't win this week. 

That is always how it works. The most recent game is always magnified. Trust me, Bills win next week and it's get ready for the playoffs around here. 

Dogs at home means I like our chances, so I'll be waiting on that playoffs talk!

2 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Board was same way at 1-1 and 3-2..Hot take central, overeggeration , all negativity..

This team is legit contenders imo.. I think playing Thursday beat us more than anything else..

We're also getting healthy at right time. Clay/Gaines/Benjamin are huge additions, all impact players. We are fine.. 

3 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

I think the Thursday game was difficult because we do not have superstar talent on this roster that can just take over and win games with ability. This team needs to rely on scheme and preparation to be successful, which is why I think Incognito was so frustrated.

YES, the Jets also had a short week, and most teams that play on Thursday night have short weeks, so it is "fair" in that sense. But, I think the limited preparation time definitely affects teams differently. Aaron Rogers, Brady, AJ Green, Zeke...guys like that are gonna go out and play and can win whether they have 2 days off or 10. This team does not have talent to that level, and they need the preparation time to make sure they play smart and know exactly what they are doing.

I know what you mean. But they looked deflated. It was weird because for the 1st time ever, i got a notification from the Bills app letting me know that the Bills pregame warmup was live and I watched our players do stretches and throws and drills at like 715pm (an hour before kickoff). It felt like I was at the game it was awesome.

TT looked light on his feet, all our players looked like they had energy and they were ready to go. McDermott was walking around tapping players while they were stretching and had a few words with each player.

Then the game started and POOF! All that energy left the building. The O-line never looked angry at their performance DURING the game and neither did the defense (except Hughes). I didn't like Hughes having words with the referee which cost us 15 yards, but say what you want about Hughes but I personally love his idgaf attitude. It shows heart, it shows emotion and it shows confidence. If he can somehow be that way without getting costly penalties, he'd be perfect.

But yeah, both teams had a short week and I agree that we're a preparation based team, but you can't prepare hunger to win. You can't prepare toughness and emotion. It comes natural and our boys just didn't have any on Thursday.

I remember thinking to myself at halftime, "man, Kyle is gonna have some words with the D-line" so I was expecting the defense to half a much better 2nd half. It wasn't the case. We just didn't have anything to give. The Jets could of played against the scout team that's how bad it looked...

I need some press conferences to maybe put some confidence back in me for next weeks game. The Bills app been dry since Thursday. I need some process.

People need to stop thinking about the past and look to our future. Thursday was not a normal game under McDermott poor tackling all over the field offensive line getting blown back. I’m sure McDermott is on these guys to fix the problems and we have a lot of people who can make plays. So give these guys a chance and support our team