Jets DT Steve McClendon: Shady McCoy is no superhero

YoloinOhio

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a Steelers-esque team celebration where in Shady uses the football as a telephone and all the players surround him and then they open up to Shady in a Superman costume. Obviously that's not possible but it would be funny if someone got him a cape at least.

The Jets run defense is even worse than Oakland's. But that being said this is the NFL things vary wildly from week to week and a road Thursday game is never easy. The Jets are a scrappy team, the Bills better effectively run the ball or else they might have a hard time on offense.

If they're that sick of hearing about Shady they should be foaming at the mouth to stop him, especially on our initial O series. I hope Dennison can take advantage.

play action, pass, pass. Or, a play where shady takes a handoff and throws it to a wide-open WR.

I can this this being a very close and hard fought game. The Jets have been playing well and they aren't going to just quit. The Bills are going to have to earn a win.

Divisional games are always hard fought even if one of the opponents is bad

Jets are bigger upfront and stout against the run. TT needs to open up the passing game right from the start and then go to the run to bring it home.

No they aren't...they allow over 128 yards on the ground per game...

Popular Opinion is they are stout...they havent been for quite a few years now

To be fair, Shady is only averaging 49 yds/game on the road this season at a clip of 2.8 yds/carry. The offense line has been playing as a much more cohesive unit over the past 2 weeks, so it will be interesting to see if they can extend that performance on the road.

Jets have a porous run defense and without Wilkerson could be even worse. Expect them to load the box with 8 early and often forcing the action to TT. Shady's most important superhero power tonight just might be his underappreciated blitz pickup skills.

they are actually 28th in the league in run D. Allowing 128.3 ypg and 4.3 YPC

That's surprising (not surprised that I'm wrong, just that they're ranked that low).

I still say that they're going to try 8 in the box and dare Tyrod to go up top. We're on their "dirt" and its a night game.