Bellichick reportedly getting ready to retire

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Belichick steps down as HC and becomes bonafide GM.

2. Brady retires as an active player and becomes Pats next HC. McDaniel is pissed but no one wants him anyway.

3. GM Belichick finds yet another 6th round QB gem and continues their AFCE dominance.

....damn, we know the drill,....BUT...maybe times are changing?....stay tuned...........

Brady and him will retire at the same time. They will be a mess for years to come.

And I'd submit either of them will be taking an enormous risk on their legacy if they don't retire together...

If one retires and the other then still succeeds or suddenly fails the legacy of one or the other will be severely damaged.

Belichek is 65...Head coaching is not an easy job. He is at least tied for the best NFL coach of all time with Lombardi and Walsh. His perfect QB/PUPIL

is in his last couple yrs.

He would be crazy to go on much longer.

He's still not as good as Tom Landry or Chuck Noll however. Edited by reddogblitz

On one hand, a guy like BB dedicates almost his entire life to coaching. He has no life beyond that. So I can see why he might say "enough" and want to live life a little before he dies.

On the other hand, he is obviously a very dysfunctional guy in the way many highly successful people are; he is almost on the autistic spectrum and very single minded and highly focused. Guys like that never retire and have to be dragged kicking and screaming into retirement, way after it is too late.

So we'll see. He can't coach forever, that is for sure.

Reportedly Kraft went over his head in trading Garroopppolllo. I doubt that sat well with him and now he'll retire when Tommy Boy is done.

So let's help Brady be done by hitting the living $hit out of him....I'm ready for both of them to go...

I am waiting for the "I want to beat BB and Brady" crowd to appear.

I just want them to go away.

I'm definitely one of those people. I want them to make Brady's and BB's last few years miserable. Hopefully that starts this year.