Dareus: "Feels Good to be Wanted.” Puts "ass" in class.

Well, he certainly wasn't wanted in Buffalo. MD has a point there.

Perhaps the OP didn't hear MD's kind remarks about Buffalo at his introductory presser in Jax?

Good luck, Marcel. Hope you return to form.

My sentiments, exactly.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awwww, making $96 million is a real slap in the face. Is he playing the victim card? Seriously?

Exactly..... I wish my employer would show me $96MM reasons why they want me. Dareus seems to forget that there are two sides to that deal, he has to want the Bills when he takes the money.

With all of that said, he is gone. Time to move on.

so that comment hurt your feelings. you thought it was classless?

I swear, soft, soft, soft society. feelings get hurt over the littlest things. so he said it feels good to be wanted. well good for him.

Wait until he comes into his 1st team workouts completely out of shape.

Wait unlit he has that one little screw up that cost him 12 games.

His play on the field the last few years looks like someone with a god given talent that is using as little as possible to collect a pay check.

I will say that if he puts the offseason work in and somehow finds that fire to play again he will be a top 3 DT. But the odds of that happening are astronomical.

Exactly..... I wish my employer would show me $96MM reasons why they want me. Dareus seems to forget that there are two sides to that deal, he has to want the Bills when he takes the money.

With all of that said, he is gone. Time to move on.

Well said. I think Buffalo fans, players, coaches showed MD a whole lotta love over the past few years (during some tough times). Sorry he feels this way.

Wait until he comes into his 1st team workouts completely out of shape.

Wait unlit he has that one little screw up that cost him 12 games.

His play on the field the last few years looks like someone with a god given talent that is using as little as possible to collect a pay check.

I will say that if he puts the offseason work in and somehow finds that fire to play again he will be a top 3 DT. But the odds of that happening are astronomical.

you can wait all you want for those things to happen. his implications now, good or bad will have no affect on his former team so it's kind of moot, wouldn't you think? I will add though that I agree with your last sentence and believe a new environment/surroundings very well could see him get back to form?

Marcel Dareus is another product of a society that teaches people to hold no accountability over their own actions.

Go back and look at the reaction of Buddy Ryan and Chan Gailey after Dareus was drafted. Look at the reaction from the fans. Everyone in Buffalo was excited and thrilled to have a player like him on the Bills. He was the cornerstone of a rebuilding franchise, and very much wanted on this team. What has happened over his career, causing the city and team to sour on him - it all stems from his personal decisions.

Dareus has gotten into trouble off the field three times in the seven years he's been on the Bills (two for drugs and one for drag racing). He was benched by Doug Marrone's staff for being late multiple times to meetings back in 2013, then got sent home just a few months ago by Sean McDermott's staff for being late to a preseason game. I understand that people make mistakes and I'm all for giving them a second chance. But at some point, it becomes crystal clear that Dareus just isn't learning from his mistakes or making a real effort to correct them. You have to wonder how many times he was late during Rex Ryan's tenure, only to have the coach look the other way. And of course, you have to wonder when the next off-field incident or drug suspension will drop.

Even if Dareus was completely clean off the field, you also have to be worried about his declining production. Back in 2014 (before he signed the massive extension), Dareus was easily one of the best Defensive Tackles in the NFL. Easily in the Top 5. Since the day he inked his signature to that contract, his play has been mediocre. And while virtually every other defensive player has rebounded with the switch back to a 4-3 scheme, Dareus has continued to make virtually no impact in 2017. Considering his obviously sub-par work ethic, is it really a surprise that Dareus isn't giving 100% after finally "getting paid"?

I HATE that is came down to swapping Dareus for virtually nothing (it's unlikely a 6th Round Pick will even make the team next year). But considering everything that has happened with him, it's probably the best we could have hoped for.

you can wait all you want for those things to happen. his implications now, good or bad will have no affect on his former team so it's kind of moot, wouldn't you think? I will add though that I agree with your last sentence and believe a new environment/surroundings very well could see him get back to form?

I hope he struggles. That was the most valuable pick we have had in a decade or more, and he gave up on the team after putting a hurt on our cap situation. The front office members responsible have been held accountable, but I have no good will to spare for him. Hopefully he hurts that locker room in Jacksonville

He netted a 6th rounder after us trying to trade him for months, that should say something about what people think about him. If anyone in this relationship should be hurt it should be the Bills and all they had to deal with from him even after they forked out big money. Love his game, don't like him as a person

This is a reach to call it a slam. Does anyone think trading him for a mere 6th meant he was valued? I'd say the diagnosis was spot on.

I struggle more with this move than any so far, but I can't argue with the results.

It's tough to value a guy like Dareus given what he brought to the table during his time in Buffalo. It boiled down to great performance from time to time, followed by disappointment, ending with tge trade. That's one of the reasons a former first rounder like Darues is "worth" a 6th and a former first rounder like Benjamin garners a 3rd and a 7th.

Nothing personal against MD, but the football fan in me hopes he fails another drug test. It would further justify the decision to move on from the guy I always hoped would get it together and be a consistent game changer here.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

Honestly....im happy for him. He was not playing to his potential. Ever since his brother passed he was never the same.

Maybe he can actually earn that money with a change of scenery. Its a shame he didnt work out. Even on his bad days...he was still decent.

Best of luck to him.

Do I need to say that is my opinion of the wastrel? Have some class. Leave with dignity. Don't do the Gilmore "Now my friend and family can see me on prime time" swipe at Buffalo!

Screw you, Marcel.

Let him have his fun. It would surprise me if Dareus even remembers how to flip that switch to start playing hard. He'll pout again when Marrone starts riding his azz to make more of an effort. He's going to try to ride the coat tails of his line mates Edited by PromoTheRobot

oh my god. why does this board sweat every ex Bill? you clearly don't care for Dareus, so why even continue to follow him?

move on.

Awwww, making $96 million is a real slap in the face. Is he playing the victim card? Seriously?

how is his income relevant? people who say this must go through life broke, thinking money makes everything surreal and results in eternal happiness.