Dareus: "Feels Good to be Wanted.” Puts "ass" in class.

These athletes and coaches and staff members of the teams we love to love and hate at times are human beings. Marcell Dareus just dropped a class bomb on Bills nation and it was very well written. Best of luck to this young man in his career and his life.

I wonder if he writes poetry like Erin Maybin painted pictures? Thats some well written prose.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he definitely wasn't wanted toward the end. he didn't buy into the culture. he was being held accountable and he couldn't live up to that. he's wanted by his new team, because he hasn't taken a snap yet. and who knows, maybe the Jags baby their stars and let them run over the coaching staff, so he'll love it there. either way, nothing to get mad about, he wasn't a fit.

Other than the fact they are a lazy, intoxicated class of humans, no. Wait. (Checking my birth certificate). Delete that.

So it's not Maybin that's Irish, it's Dareus?

he definitely wasn't wanted toward the end. he didn't buy into the culture. he was being held accountable and he couldn't live up to that. he's wanted by his new team, because he hasn't taken a snap yet. and who knows, maybe the Jags baby their stars and let them run over the coaching staff, so he'll love it there. either way, nothing to get mad about, he wasn't a fit.

"Not buying in to the culture," "being held accountable," and "couldn't live up to that" is "don't want to be here," and only considered "not wanted" to people too immature to accept responsibility for themselves.

I prefer to think of myself as a realist. If you think Marcel wrote that, you must own 4 of his jerseys. Its called damage control and agents love doing it.

you're a realist alright. I'm sure it was just made up click bait. ftr, no, I don't own his jersey whether that really makes a difference or not. I take your realism with a grain of salt, after all you created that idiotic orton should be on the wall thread.

that's all I really need to know about how much of a realist you are.

Whatever.

Actually, I expect Dareus to have a pretty good half season but I also expect him to to revert back to his Buffalo ways by next season and be totally out of football three years from now.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

you're a realist alright. I'm sure it was just made up click bait. ftr, no, I don't own his jersey whether that really makes a difference or not. I take your realism with a grain of salt, after all you created that idiotic orton should be on the wall thread.

that's all I really need to know about how much of a realist you are.

Do you really need me to go back and find the posts where you were crying about the BBMB closure?? Realism would include a persons ability to handle adversity. Try it.

So it's not Maybin that's Irish, it's Dareus?

"Not buying in to the culture," "being held accountable," and "couldn't live up to that" is "don't want to be here," and only considered "not wanted" to people too immature to accept responsibility for themselves.

i think that's only partially true. i don't think it's 'don't want to be here,' i think it's can't take the scrutiny or the responsibility. there are teams where players like that can find a home and can do no wrong, even if they're underperforming and taking plays off. we're just becoming a team that's holding others accountable instead of making excuses for stars. both of those types of teams exist in the NFL.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I listened to this and see nothing disrespectful or classless. I see more of a kid still in shock he's gone.

https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/925038290784354305/video/1

There were hints that Marcel was an inconsistent-effort, ill-disciplined football player. But not disrespectful.

When you see the whole interview, he actually comes across as classy and gracious in an uncomfortable-in-front-of-a-mic kind of way.

Nice find.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Well, he certainly wasn't wanted in Buffalo. MD has a point there.

Perhaps the OP didn't hear MD's kind remarks about Buffalo at his introductory presser in Jax?

Good luck, Marcel. Hope you return to form.

Hope you return to form? This guy took a boatload of money and quit on the Bills. Now he is traded to their playoff spot competitor and the coach who quit on the Bills as well. Are you a Dareus fanboy or a Bills fan? I hope he is the same ol' Dareus and the Jags regret this trade for years.

Do you really need me to go back and find the posts where you were crying about the BBMB closure?? Realism would include a persons ability to handle adversity. Try it.

you have me mixed up with somebody else. I actually left that board before it closed. you're preaching to the wrong person. I suggest stepping away from your pulpit and gathering your thoughts.

There were hints that Marcel was an inconsistent-effort, ill-disciplined football player. But not disrespectful.

When you see the whole interview, he actually comes across as classy and gracious in an uncomfortable-in-front-of-a-mic kind of way.

Nice find.

afro.gif

you have me mixed up with somebody else. I actually left that board before it closed. you're preaching to the wrong person. I suggest stepping away from your pulpit and gathering your thoughts.

]

Sorry. I confused your incomprehensible ramblings with that of BBMB posters who lost their pressure relief valve. You are certainly eloquent and your comments are germane to the loss of both Dareus and the BBMB.

Sorry. I confused your incomprehensible ramblings with that of BBMB posters who lost their pressure relief valve. You are certainly eloquent and your comments are germane to the loss of both Dareus and the BBMB.

you looking to impress? expecting a bow here? do people look up to you? get over yourself man

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973