Week 8: Raiders' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they just beat a team many think is the best in the AFC, and they have extra days to rest and prepare. This will be another nail biter.

Off of two penalties to extend the game. I'm not gonna say that they weren't the right call but they could have also easily lost.

Edited by The Wiz

Week 8 early odds: Wilson's streak on line

Raiders (3-4) at Bills (4-2)

Opening line: Bills, -3 points
Believe it or not, the Bills have been the NFL's best team at covering the spread this year. Through seven weeks, the Bills are 4-1-1 ATS, and they've been even better at home, going 2-0-1 ATS and 3-0 straight-up. If there's one team that might not be fazed by the Bills' home record, it's the Raiders. Since the beginning of the 2015 season, the Raiders are 10-4 ATS as road underdog (8-6 straight-up), which is the best ATS mark of any team in the NFL over that span. These two teams played last season in Oakland with the Raiders covering as a 3-point favorite in a 38-24 win. Of course, that game was in Oakland, but this game will be in Buffalo, where the Raiders haven't won since 2002. The Raiders will likely also be going into this game without Marshawn Lynch, who will be serving a one-game suspension unless he wins his appeal.

Oh this sucks. Well it will be flag after flag to look forward to. I think his crew is one of them that throws the most flags per game. Can't stand it when he and his crew are officiating.

Week 8 early odds: Wilson's streak on line

Raiders (3-4) at Bills (4-2)

Opening line: Bills, -3 points
Believe it or not, the Bills have been the NFL's best team at covering the spread this year. Through seven weeks, the Bills are 4-1-1 ATS, and they've been even better at home, going 2-0-1 ATS and 3-0 straight-up. If there's one team that might not be fazed by the Bills' home record, it's the Raiders. Since the beginning of the 2015 season, the Raiders are 10-4 ATS as road underdog (8-6 straight-up), which is the best ATS mark of any team in the NFL over that span. These two teams played last season in Oakland with the Raiders covering as a 3-point favorite in a 38-24 win. Of course, that game was in Oakland, but this game will be in Buffalo, where the Raiders haven't won since 2002. The Raiders will likely also be going into this game without Marshawn Lynch, who will be serving a one-game suspension unless he wins his appeal.

any word on how the appeal went? i thought there was to be a decision today.

also, not to look past this game but... we have a short week next week, on the road against a Jets team that has been playing very well. it will be interesting to see how they fare against the Falcons at home this weekend.

any word on how the appeal went? i thought there was to be a decision today.

also, not to look past this game but... we have a short week next week, on the road against a Jets team that has been playing very well. it will be interesting to see how they fare against the Falcons at home this weekend.

Suspension upheld.

ESPN: Evaluating pretenders-turned-contenders: Can these 7 teams hang on?
Can Blake Bortles keep the Jaguars pointed toward the playoffs? Are the Rams legit? Will the Bills end their postseason drought? We take a look.

BUFFALO BILLS

Record: 4-2

FPI chance to make playoffs: 38.7 percent

The Bills have finished the past three seasons with records of 9-7, 8-8 and 7-9, extending their postseason drought to 17 seasons. In each year, leaders in the locker room felt the team was a few plays away from being a playoff team. One of the best examples came last December when then-coach Rex Ryan was left shaking his head after a game in Oakland in which the Bills blew a 15-point third-quarter lead. Ryan’s only explanation was the Raiders’ scoring “snowballed” and his players could not close out the win. That loss was one of the final straws for owners Terry and Kim Pegula, who fired Ryan three weeks later and replaced him with Sean McDermott, whose task was to instill more mental toughness in his players. It has worked so far. The Bills surrendered an 11-point lead Sunday to the Buccaneers, but made two key plays -- a 44-yard completion to Deonte Thompson and a forced fumble of Tampa receiver Adam Humphries -- to regain control of the game late in the fourth quarter. In a season in which 20 of 32 teams have three or four wins after Week 7, those sorts of plays will separate the Bills from the pack and put them in the playoffs. -- Mike Rodak

ESPN: Raiders O.C. Todd Downing an 'Unsung Hero' for ESPN
After a rough start to the season for the Raiders offense, offensive coordinator Todd Dowling turned to Amari Cooper and found success.

I don't like that it is supposed to be wet. Back when I played (granted, fire was discovered my sophomore year), the conventional wisdom was wet track favored the passing game because the receivers know where they are going and DBs plant and react. Serious question: Has this view changed by the people that play the game at high levels these days?

If no, I don't like our guys trying to track Cooper and Crabtree out of their breaks on a wet field. Plus Hochuli. Yuk as to two factors we can't control. Would not put it past our current group to overcome them though. We take few penalties these days.

But Khalil Mack, and he will have more than his share of fans in the stands.

You know he's not from Buffalo, right? He's from Florida. He played his college ball at UB, the only D1 school to offer him a scholarship. Honestly most WNY'ers couldn't be bothered to see him play when he was here. Sad, really.

I don't like that it is supposed to be wet. Back when I played (granted, fire was discovered my sophomore year), the conventional wisdom was wet track favored the passing game because the receivers know where they are going and DBs plant and react. Serious question: Has this view changed by the people that play the game at high levels these days?

If no, I don't like our guys trying to track Cooper and Crabtree out of their breaks on a wet field. Plus Hochuli. Yuk as to two factors we can't control. Would not put it past our current group to overcome them though. We take few penalties these days.

I posted this same thing several pages ago, and that view still holds. Wet field = advantage offense....now luckily, we run a lot of zone (although lots of man last week) so it makes it a LITTLE easier getting to WRs out of breaks, but it's still no bueno

Hopefully it plays to our offenses advantage as well, with our shifty guys (Shady and TT)

You know he's not from Buffalo, right? He's from Florida. He played his college ball at UB, the only D1 school to offer him a scholarship. Honestly most WNY'ers couldn't be bothered to see him play when he was here. Sad, really.

why is it sad that WNY'ers didn't want to waste their time and money supporting an absolutely putrid college "football" team (even while they had Mack)? I am an alum and wouldn't go to those games. There are many of us who wish UB would do away with the football team altogether.

Edited by PaattMaann

Im not doubting that many of us on this board were aware of Mack at UB, but Im betting that the majority of Buffalo fans barely knew the guy existed while he played at UB.

I'd take that bet. Everybody knew who Khalil mack was while at UB. A lot of us followed his entire career there and wanted us to draft him when we took sammy. My family and I were at every home game he played and there were a lot of other fans at the stadium talking about him along with weekly updates on him from the news.

I don't know if rain is good or bad for us.

rain is better for the offense and run game. Passing usually suffers a little. It's harder for the defense to make quick reactions. I think it'll be good for us. However our field is extremely slippery when wet.

Note: This is the game where the Cookie Gilchrist's name will be added to the Bills' Wall of Fame. I'm hoping both teams will don 1964 throwback uniforms for the occasion.

@buffalobills

This Sunday, we're throwing it back. #WhoYouWith #GoBillsNFL_2017_BUFBills_v2.png

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/922913906598690816/vid/1280x720/sYfcidp1sXI85T1l.mp4

BILLS TODAY: DEFENSE DETERMINED TO SLOW DOWN OPPOSING QBS

1025-bills-today.jpg
Here's the Bills news of note for Oct. 25th.

COFFEE WITH THE COACH PRESENTED BY TIM HORTONS (3:32)

Bills' Insider Chris Brown and Head Coach Sean McDermott talk about the 30-27 win vs the Buccaneers, another strong offense coming to New Era Field on Sunday, and the importance of converting on third downs.

RAIDERS VS. BILLS WEEK 8 GAME PREVIEW (2:00)

Check out a preview as the Raiders take on the Bills in Week 8.

I'd take that bet. Everybody knew who Khalil mack was while at UB. A lot of us followed his entire career there and wanted us to draft him when we took sammy. My family and I were at every home game he played and there were a lot of other fans at the stadium talking about him along with weekly updates on him from the news.

rain is better for the offense and run game. Passing usually suffers a little. It's harder for the defense to make quick reactions. I think it'll be good for us. However our field is extremely slippery when wet.

Agreed, if you even followed college football a little you knew who mack was or you lived under a rock. I wanted the Bills badly to draft him but it didn't work out. I was sold on him when I watched him opening day against Ohio St at the Horseshoe. UB hung tough but loss. Mack was the best player on the field that day.

Edited by Gordio

@SalSports

Good morning from One Bills Drive. Sean McDermott will hold his usual Wednesday press conference at 9:30AM, hear it on @WGR550. Follow here

@JonScottTV

Ramon Humber, Charles Clay, EJ Gaines, Richie Incognito, Jordan Poyer won't practice today. Lorenzo Alexander, Kyle Williams, Shady rest

@ChrisBrownBills

Humber, Clay, Gaines, Incognito, Poyer won't practice due to injury. Logan Thomas excused for personal reasons. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott reiterates Jordan Poyer is going to be day to day

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said Richie Incognito has an ankle injury. Says Incognito feels pretty good. Being cautious.

#Bills HC Sean McDermott says EJ Gaines is also day-to-day, just like it was on Monday.

@JonScottTV

In regards to possible trade involving surplus at tackle, Sean McDermott says trade conversations happen every day. #Bills

@Nick_Wojton

McDermott: I am seeing intangibles with Marcell Dareus improve.. Thought those showed up in game last week. #Bills

@4JoshReed

#Bills Sean McDermott: Dareus is moving in the direction. I thought he played his best football last week.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on Dareus: We're moving in the right direction. Anxious to see what happens next. Played his best football Sunday

@Spencito_

McDermott says Tre White's habit of being hard on himself is a good quality to have. #Bills

@4JoshReed

#Bills McDermott: Marshawn is a good back but they have enough weapons even without him back there.

@Spencito_

McDermott: "They have enough weapons to go around" in regards to Marshawn Lynch being absent for Sunday's matchup w/ Oakland. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said with Cordy Glenn being healthy enough to play, that Dion Dawkins' position is a lot more "fluid"

He wouldn't say directly that Dawkins will practice more at right tackle, but it certainly made it seem like they have some flexibility.

@shannshep4

McDermott says #Bills are moving in the right direction with a healthy Cordy Glenn. Not on injury report today.

@WGR550

McDermott - every week, someone new is stepping up. Excited to see who will step up this week #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on Matt Milano: We didn't know that we'd play him this early. Saw a huge jump from Cincinnati to the Tampa Bay game

@viccarucci

Sean McDermott says Ramon Humber, replaced by rookie Matt Milano, will return as starter at LB for #Bills when healthy.

why is it sad that WNY'ers didn't want to waste their time and money supporting an absolutely putrid college "football" team (even while they had Mack)? I am an alum and wouldn't go to those games. There are many of us who wish UB would do away with the football team altogether.

Because he's on track to be a hall of famer? And that "putrid" team went 8-5 in Mack's senior season and put a scare in #1 Ohio State on national TV. But obviously you knew better that to waste your time. Nice alum. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Because he's on track to be a hall of famer? And that "putrid" team went 8-5 in Mack's senior season and put a scare in #1 Ohio State on national TV. But obviously you knew better that to waste your time. Nice alum.

oh wooooahhhhh, 8-5....that is like, national championship contention right???

Gave them a "scare"?? wowwww, that IS impressive

You have your fan sights set mighty high friend!!!

(I know sarcasm is hard to read, so just know, all of that was heavy sarcasm)

Now end sarcasm....Why should an alum support this? I am proud of UB, an affordable institution that is making its way as a medical leader in western new york (serving and training), educates many undergrads and post grads alike, encourages those graduates to remain in the community to work and live. I donate annually to my alma mater because of those things, and I believe that by NOT supporting their terrible football program that literally never has a chance to succeed (because of how college football is organized) they may eventually fold the program and focus their energies on other academic and athletic endeavors.

But, thank you for your judgement.

(I am done with this line of discussion in this thread)

Edited by PaattMaann