Bills tried to move Dareus before the season. Open to it

Big Turk

If they find a way to trade him then Id be ok with it. Hes not played well this season and that salary is crazy.

Agreed, unfortunately I think some teams would have gave us a pretty penny for him last year or beginning of this year. But with his quality of play and off field issues we won't get much at all.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why move either? Do we expect to hit on 6 draft picks next year and they all contribute immediately Why keep creating more holes to fill. Dareus still gets doubled team freeing up the LB. Same with Miller. Incognito isn't getting younger. Kyle will probably retire. Right now besides drafting a QB, you need LB, WR, RB and lots of depth. Unless a team backs the truck up....doesn't make sense IMO.

Dareus got a ton of snaps today. He played a bunch of third downs as well. Either he is getting in the godo graces of the coaches or they were showcasing him for a trade like they did with Watkins.

He was ok today. Doubled quite a bit. Made no great plays. A few runs stuffs he didn't get credit for by the announcers. Still he had some one-one opportunities and he did not collapse the pocket. That said, the entire DL played poorly today.

Dareus was a fat tub of goo until late in the 4th qtr today when he decided he was tired of being two steps behind KW off the snap and decided to play harder. The video don’t lie.

I could see Bills trying to package Dareus with Glenn to teams looking for an offensive tackle.

With the current state of O-Line play in the NFL, I'd actually think more of getting like a 5th for Seantrel Henderson. Then you still have Glenn, Dawkins & Mills. I hope they don't trade Glenn. Of course, it may depend on what the medical staff thinks of the future with his feet.

Why move either? Do we expect to hit on 6 draft picks next year and they all contribute immediately Why keep creating more holes to fill. Dareus still gets doubled team freeing up the LB. Same with Miller. Incognito isn't getting younger. Kyle will probably retire. Right now besides drafting a QB, you need LB, WR, RB and lots of depth. Unless a team backs the truck up....doesn't make sense

I see what you mean,it's not like he's hurting the team, he's a good player. But that's a lot of cap space sitting on dareus.cap space that I'm sure McDermott would like to spend. But when the day comes when Kyle retires it's gonna hurt alot. There's no replacing his leadership.

Dareus likely is not traded. He might be traded in the offseason but it might be high cap hit flr high cap hit, if not he is a June 1 buy out.

As for Glenn, he would have to be for a very good offer. He isn't a dump. Probably an entry contract player into next year and a 2nd.

They could do something similar to the wTkins/Darby trade but instead they trade Glenn for a player and a pick and then trade a 3rd for an OL replacing him.

Edited by djp14150

Id be absolutely stunned if we could trade Dareus. I expect him to be released and eating the dead cap money.

The Texans were able to trade Brock Osweiler so anything's possible especially with the Browns being horrible and cap room to burn. Edited by The Jokeman

The Texans were able to trade Brock Osweiler so anything's possible especially with the Browns being horrible and cap room to burn.

They also had to give the Browns a second round pick just to take him off their hands. I'd give up a 4th for him to be traded.

Tampa Bay had 69 rushing yards as a team.

Dareus was a big reason why.

he's unmovable, both in the run game and in the trade market.

Right now, he's going nowhere, no team will trade for him. He will finish the year with us and hopefully he finds himself and goes back to being a dominant force. If he happens to be a mercenary he will be gone next year.

I doubt everything LaCanfora says.

THAT being said, I'm all for the Bills moving on from Dareus. It's long overdue. I think what you see is what you get and continue to get. I don't foresee him becoming an explosive player anywhere else because he lacks the desire to be such a player.

I want to keep Glenn. A franchise left tackle is something that is paramount to success in the NFL.

Don't trade a known for what is thought to be a known but is still unknown.

I'm pretty sure I read that on a fortune cookie once. :D

I thought that was going to cost the game as I, and probably most of you, didn't think the Bills could get a tying TD.

I was at the game. As soon as Tampa got the go ahead TD i turned to my Cuz and said "there is no way TT can be expected to get a TD to tie the game up". We both though he would go 3 and out. Glad we were wrong.

Id be absolutely stunned if we could trade Dareus. I expect him to be released and eating the dead cap money.

There is no way you can plausibly release him at the end of the year. He eats up way to much salary cap space. If he is not traded, Which I doubt anyone wants him with his current contract; he is either on this team (for better or worse) or they restructure his contract to be more cap friendly and see how he does next year or then trade him to another team with a more friendly contract.