Bills may have saved their season today

Or at least for another week anyway. Give credit to Dennison/Taylor/Thompson for responding big time late in the 4th quarter after what seemed to be the game winning TD by the Bucs.

In any event, there certainly has to be some real concern going forward with this defense. This is the 2nd straight game they have been torched in the passing game despite creating multiple turnovers. LB's are a major liability in coverage as most expected to be the case, unless Humber is truly that important to the defense (doubtful).

Also Gaines appears to be the new Aaron Williams for this defense, very good when he's playing but leaves a lot of games and can't seem to stay healthy. If he's out next week against the Raiders it's not going to help in terms of avoid a 3rd straight game getting lit up in the passing game. Apparently Poyer was hurt on the last play of the game, possibly significant.

Overall great win today against a Bucs team that probably played their best game of the season on both sides of the ball.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

Or at least for another week anyway. Give credit to Koetter/Taylor/Thompson for responding big time late in the 4th quarter after what seemed to be the game winning TD by the Bucs.

In any event, there certainly has to be some real concern going forward with this defense. This is the 2nd straight game they have been torched in the passing game despite creating multiple turnovers. LB's are a major liability in coverage as most expected to be the case, unless Humber is truly that important to the defense (doubtful).

Also Gaines appears to be the new Aaron Williams for this defense, very good when he's playing but leaves a lot of games and can't seem to stay healthy. If he's out next week against the Raiders it's not going to help in terms of avoid a 3rd straight game getting lit up in the passing game. Apparently Poyer was hurt on the last play of the game, possibly significant.

Overall great win today against a Bucs team that probably played their best game of the season on both sides of the ball.

Is this going to be the terrible posting every week?

Let me expain how stupid the save their season comment is.

Prior to today we were 3-2.

If we would have lost only 2 non division leaders would have yhe same or better record than us so far.

All you do is post sensationalism garbage trying to elicit a response.

This defense has had one such day with regard to allowing yards which is today.

Every team has bad outings. So far thisnis the outlier for the defense.

At the end when needes the defense showed why its important to trust the process. I suggest you trust the process rather than be concerned all the time.

Also stop trolling!

Or at least for another week anyway. Give credit to Koetter/Taylor/Thompson for responding big time late in the 4th quarter after what seemed to be the game winning TD by the Bucs.

What a shock you are concerned, just enjoy the win for crying out loud.

Bills D is top 5 in the league in Take Aways. They will be just fine if they can get more penetration from the D-line.

Even if we lost and were sitting 3-3 with 2 losses against the NFC, how the hell was this game even close to saving the season win or lose?

Edited by Real McCoy

Points allowed by the defense the last 5 games:

3, 16, 17, 20, 27

I agree this thing is moving the wrong direction.

Teams are starting to find holes in the secondary. Tampa's receivers were ridiculously wide open today.

If our defense is going to carry this team, they need to figure out what is going on and fix it.

We were playing with fire the entire season on defense with the bend but not break style. We had been weak on the middle zone and easy 7-15 yard passes the whole year. It hadn't bit us yet but it's not as though it wasn't there. Today the bend but not break defense broke. It gave up a couple easy scores it had stopped before. We got the three turnovers and that ultimately won the game for us. But I don't think this was such an aberration. We got away with a lot earlier. Not to mention Winston is good, they have two very good WR, two very good TE, and a good RB.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

We were playing with fire the entire season on defense with the bend but not break style. We had been weak on the middle zone and easy 7-15 yard passes the whole year. It hadn't bit us yet but it's not as though it wasn't there. Today the bend but not break defense broke. It gave up a couple easy scores it had stopped before. We got the three turnovers and that ultimately won the game for us. But I don't think this was such an aberration. We got away with a lot earlier. Not to mention Winston is good, they have two very good WR, two very good TE, and a good RB.

Yep. This defense isn't good enough that they will shut down every offense each week. Especially when they go up against such a good unit with many dangerous weapons.

They made big plays when it counted and the offense woke up to do their part too. The most you can ask of a team with playoff aspirations is that when one unit is struggling, another unit plays well enough to compensate and grind out a game.

And the beauty of it is despite Winston playing really well, their skill position players playing well and a good offensive game plan, we still won.

There is a lot of character on this team. A very good omen for the future

Why would I give credit to Koetter?

Is this going to be the terrible posting every week?

Let me expain how stupid the save their season comment is.

Prior to today we were 3-2.

If we would have lost only 2 non division leaders would have yhe same or better record than us so far.

All you do is post sensationalism garbage trying to elicit a response.

This defense has had one such day with regard to allowing yards which is today.

Every team has bad outings. So far thisnis the outlier for the defense.

At the end when needes the defense showed why its important to trust the process. I suggest you trust the process rather than be concerned all the time.

Also stop trolling!

this forum in the last few years has decided it would rather the traffic caused by the trolls over moderation

We were playing with fire the entire season on defense with the bend but not break style. We had been weak on the middle zone and easy 7-15 yard passes the whole year. It hadn't bit us yet but it's not as though it wasn't there. Today the bend but not break defense broke. It gave up a couple easy scores it had stopped before. We got the three turnovers and that ultimately won the game for us. But I don't think this was such an aberration. We got away with a lot earlier. Not to mention Winston is good, they have two very good WR, two very good TE, and a good RB.[/quote

Tampa's offense is loaded. We missed two interceptions and a fumble. The D was not great, but they ultimately did the job.

I get the nitpicking. Gotta play better than today if you want to beat teams like the Pats, Chiefs, and other top teams. BUT... I didnt expect much this year AND these are games good teams win(still not sure we are one yet) SO Im gonna just enjoy the ride. Vegas said 3. It was 3. A heart attack inducing 3 but a 3 point win none the less. GO BILLS!!!

Thank you for saying that because I was wondering the same thing!

As much as I am elated to be on the other side of a nail-biting win, I do agree with the OP about there being cause for concern. Do I think Winston is a good young quarterback? Yes I do. But I do NOT think he is a superstar yet by any stretch of the imagination, yet today our defense made him look like Payton Brady. Holy crap he looked as close to unstoppable as I've ever seen ANY QB look. Hopefully this is something McDermott gets fixed soon, because Carr IMO is just as good if not better than Winston. And while I was one who was willing to cut Hauschka slack for the 41 yard miss, was I the only one just a little bothered by his barely sneaking the game winner through the uprights?

Anyway, I'm still super pumped about the victory today, and very happy being 4-2, and right in the thick of things. Now that I've voiced my concerns, it's time to enjoy a delicious Bills victory!! Bring on the Raiders!!!

The best way to stop the other team's offensive production is to keep them on the sideline watching your offense rack up first downs while eating the clock. Find a way to keep drives going and the defense won't have to work so hard. No defense can hold up if they're playing most of the game.

Thank you for saying that because I was wondering the same thing!

As much as I am elated to be on the other side of a nail-biting win, I do agree with the OP about there being cause for concern. Do I think Winston is a good young quarterback? Yes I do. But I do NOT think he is a superstar yet by any stretch of the imagination, yet today our defense made him look like Payton Brady. Holy crap he looked as close to unstoppable as I've ever seen ANY QB look. Hopefully this is something McDermott gets fixed soon, because Carr IMO is just as good if not better than Winston. And while I was one who was willing to cut Hauschka slack for the 41 yard miss, was I the only one just a little bothered by his barely sneaking the game winner through the uprights?

Anyway, I'm still super pumped about the victory today, and very happy being 4-2, and right in the thick of things. Now that I've voiced my concerns, it's time to enjoy a delicious Bills victory!! Bring on the Raiders!!!

Tampa does have the top passing offense in the league. Our lack of depth is being exposed at LB and DB. That's a cause for concern.

Because his playcalling won us the game quite frankly.

After the Bucs went up 27-20 we could have easily went into the predictable 'stick to the gameplan' route and ran the ball on 1st & 2nd down, or tried dinking and dunking down the field and we didn't do that.

Right out of the gate he dialed up a nice deep pass and even the Taiwan Jones play on 3rd down was very shrewd in hindsight.

After the Bucs went up 27-20 we could have easily went into the predictable 'stick to the gameplan' route and ran the ball on 1st & 2nd down, or tried dinking and dunking down the field and we didn't do that.

Right out of the gate he dialed up a nice deep pass and even the Taiwan Jones play on 3rd down was very shrewd in hindsight.

The Tampa Bay HC calls our plays, too? He should be able to stop us cold.

Bills D is top 5 in the league in Take Aways. They will be just fine if they can get more penetration from the D-line.

Even if we lost and were sitting 3-3 with 2 losses against the NFC, how the hell was this game even close to saving the season win or lose?

Again, we aren't going to keep creating 3 TO's a game. It's not he way it works in this league.

And despite doing it again though, we still barely won the game. Just like how we avoid a very ugly blowout in Cincy because the TO's kept the game close.

The book is out on this defense and we are breaking more than bending recent weeks and this will certainly continue against upper echelon NFL QB's. The LB corps has been decent in run coverage but they are among the league worst against the pass.

Also falling to 3-3 would have been a back breaker with the Raiders on deck, I don't think we are going to be able to beat them if the defense plays like they have the last few weeks again.

Tampa does have the top passing offense in the league. Our lack of depth is being exposed at LB and DB. That's a cause for concern.

Very true. I wasn't thrilled about the idea of Ramon Humber starting at linebacker to start the season, but after he went down the level of LB play definitely dropped.

In any event, there certainly has to be some real concern going forward with this defense. This is the 2nd straight game they have been torched in the passing game despite creating multiple turnovers.

No need for real concern about the defense. This defense was never going to finish the season only giving up 13-14ppg. That means they are going to have days where they give up 25+ on the scoreboard. Luckily for us today was one of those days and we still escaped with a W. They've been more of a bend but don't break defense by evidence of them only being ranked 13th going into today in ypg. I expect them to finish around 12-18 in ypg and somewhere between 7-12 in ppg. If they can keep that ppg ranking in that range or even better it will be enough to give our offense a chance against a slate of defenses much worse than the ones we have faced in our first five games.

Since when does the Tampa coach call our plays for us? Dude if you are going to pretend you are not a Pats fan and you are a Bills fan at least know who our coaches are.

Again, we aren't going to keep creating 3 TO's a game. It's not he way it works in this league.

And despite doing it again though, we still barely won the game. Just like how we avoid a very ugly blowout in Cincy because the TO's kept the game close.

The book is out on this defense and we are breaking more than bending recent weeks and this will certainly continue against upper echelon NFL QB's. The LB corps has been decent in run coverage but they are among the league worst against the pass.

Also falling to 3-3 would have been a back breaker with the Raiders on deck, I don't think we are going to be able to beat them if the defense plays like they have the last few weeks again.

This is how KC has dominated the regular season the last few years.

Why cant you just enjoy a damn win for once? Why do you always have to rain on our parade? I know the answer already Pats fan troll. It hasn't even been 24 damn hours yet and you have to come here with this bs. If we don't beat the Raiders we don't beat the Raiders. Cant win every week. There are close games all over the league and very few blowouts. Go be concerned somewhere else. You are like the guy that tells the 4 year old there is no Santa Clause.

Im not even shocked you are concerned after a win. Typical from you and you did it on BBMB for years. Anything to piss on a win.

I patiently awate your "im concerned" post for the Raiders game. I even more patiently awate you to be banned again.

Im concerned about the Raiders game youre not?

Darn you iOS update!!!!!

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1st your scared about this game. 2nd this game might have saved our season BS and now moaning our D isn't good enough after the D basically won the game for us with the last forced turnover.. It sounds like your scared that we won and your trying to dig up holes now in the D. I tried giving you respect seeing how other posters are calling you a Pats troll. I def. see it as well now after this and the stupid reasoning why the Bills should pack the best O-line player we have.

Fact - The Bills D is averaging 2 turnovers a game and I think tied 1st in the league for give/take aways.

Fact - Even if this game was a Loss it is the furthest thing from saving the season if we were sitting 3-3 with a 1-0 division and 2-1 conference record. Get your sht straight and know what an actual critical game is.

My biggest D concern right now is getting more pressure on the QB by the time we play the Pats so we can make Brady cry.

Edited by Real McCoy