Ralph Wilson would have been 99 today

section122

Happy Birthday to the guy responsible for all of us coming together. I'll be forever grateful for the many Sundays spent with family and friends watching this team and this game. I'm also grateful (even if I didn't agree with all of them) for the steps he took to keep the team here after his passing.

So whether you think he was cheap or not, whether you think Tyrod sucks or not, etc, etc... take a second and remember we all love the Bills (well except SaviorPeterman :nana: ) and we all have Ralph to thank for them. Happy Birthday Ralph!

Kraft/benson/Davis

And more moved teams or were going to move teams Ralph never even made a hint of doing it

So the criteria for being a great owner is not moving the team.

I am going by Ralph Wilson's teams on field success and if it wasn't for the drafting of Thurman, how bad would Wilson's on field success have been?

I am going by Ralph Wilson's teams on field success and if it wasn't for the drafting of Thurman, how bad would Wilson's on field success have been?

What you are doing is technically not against the rules, but is tasteless at best and disrespectful.

Just delete your posts.

What you are doing is technically not against the rules, but is tasteless at best and disrespectful.

Just delete your posts.

What he's saying is fair game.

Yes, he kept the team in Orchard Park. Of course he did. People kept coming, no matter how schitty the team was.

He got lucky with the 90s, won nothing, then let the team suck for two decades. He wasn't a good owner and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out. Even on his birthday.

What he's saying is fair game.

Yes, he kept the team in Orchard Park. Of course he did. People kept coming, no matter how schitty the team was.

He got lucky with the 90s, won nothing, then let the team suck for two decades. He wasn't a good owner and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out. Even on his birthday.

Well, I was raised that when someone is respectfully remembering the deceased, saying "who cares, he was schit at his job" is poor form.

Maybe you raise your kids different. To each their own.

Edited by jmc12290

Well, I was raised that when someone is respectfully remembering the deceased, saying "who cares, he was schit at his job" is poor form.

Maybe you raise your kids different. To each their own.

It's not a Ralph Wilson Memorial forum; it's a Bills forum. He's part of the past. I've moved on.

I've said my piece. Be the person you want to be.

I am. I give my customers the best I can possibly give to them because they're paying for something great. I don't give them schit, knowing they won't go to a competitor.

But go ahead. Keep worshiping.

RIP Ralph. Thanks for keeping the team in Orchard Park.

Happy Birthday to the guy responsible for all of us coming together. I'll be forever grateful for the many Sundays spent with family and friends watching this team and this game. I'm also grateful (even if I didn't agree with all of them) for the steps he took to keep the team here after his passing.

So whether you think he was cheap or not, whether you think Tyrod sucks or not, etc, etc... take a second and remember we all love the Bills (well except SaviorPeterman :nana: ) and we all have Ralph to thank for them. Happy Birthday Ralph!

Ivo of Kermartin Catholic Saint would have been 764 today...

William "Buck" Ewing HOF catcher for the Reds and NY Giants would have been 148 today...

whats the point of counting dead peoples birthdays??

Ivo of Kermartin Catholic Saint would have been 764 today...

William "Buck" Ewing HOF catcher for the Reds and NY Giants would have been 148 today...

whats the point of counting dead peoples birthdays??

You are one cold muther !@#$er...how dare you?

I hate the, "he got lucky in the 90's" crap. Hasn't kraft been the luckiest sports owner ever? Hiring a retread HC and drafting a guy in the 6th round who turn out to be the possibly the best HC/QB combo ever? That's pretty damn lucky if I've ever seen it. The best basketball player ever was drafted 3rd overall. There's always luck involved in sports.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to Ralph. God knows I cursed his name at times, but he kept the Bills in Buffalo when he easily could have made a boat load of money selling or moving the team. His parting gift of $300 million to Buffalo from the sale of the Bills was an A+++ classy move. Ralph and Mary Wilson should always be remembered in Buffalo in a positive light for that alone.

Edited by elroy16

I hate the, "he got lucky in the 90's" crap. Hasn't kraft been the luckiest sports owner ever? Hiring a retread HC and drafting a guy in the 6th round who turn out to be the possibly the best HC/QB combo ever? That's pretty damn lucky if I've ever seen it. The best basketball player ever was drafted 3rd overall. There's always luck involved in sports.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to Ralph. God knows I cursed his name at times, but he kept the Bills in Buffalo when he easily could have made a boat load of money selling or moving the team. His parting gift of $300 million to Buffalo from the sale of the Bills was an A+++ classy move. Ralph and Mary Wilson should always be remembered in Buffalo in a positive light for that alone.

disrespect comes in many forms as seen in this thread.

I always look at the actual positives from Ralph's time. He did quite a bit for the league from it's very inception. He was a class act. Made some bad choices from time to time, but also made some good ones as well. Happy birthday Ralph

I am. I give my customers the best I can possibly give to them because they're paying for something great. I don't give them schit, knowing they won't go to a competitor.

But go ahead. Keep worshiping.

RIP Ralph. Thanks for keeping the team in Orchard Park.

I think you raise some valid points. But the fact that we regularly engage on this site, show up at the games and tune in every Sunday, shows how impactful this team is on our lives and to me, far overriding the bad times is the fact that our little town has NFL football due largely to Ralph's 11th hour maneuverings.

That and the fact that he donated a huge percentage of his estate to WNY is a statement that is hard to ignore.

Here's to you Ralph!

:beer:

Why is there always "one" in every thread on this board who hates the team the forum is based on? Makes no sense.

Oh, and Donald Sterling is on line 2 for you............

Art Modell and Robert Irsay on hold

Smart owner....always involved in league issues...and loved football....just not great at having good teams consistently....wish he had Pegula's money

Art Modell and Robert Irsay on hold

Smart owner....always involved in league issues...and loved football....just not great at having good teams consistently....wish he had Pegula's money

They're no longer on hold, as they both remembered that their teams won Super Bowls.

Many here bow in front of the Pegula's for keeping the team in Buffalo and think they're great owners

They're no longer on hold, as they both remembered that their teams won Super Bowls.

Yeah, but did they lose 4 in a row?

Why is there always "one" in every thread on this board who hates the team the forum is based on? Makes no sense.

Oh, and Donald Sterling is on line 2 for you............

Just because my opinion on the previous owner isn't in line with yours that means I hate the team.

That is the dumbest statement ever.

To me, Ralph was a crap owner who couldn't have cared less about the product put on the field. And that is the MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT of being an owner of a professional sports team.

I never kissed Ralph's butt like you people have.

So, he loaned the Raiders some money and he kept the team WNY.

How about the Toronto deal that screwed over the people of WNY, just to align his pockets?

The man didn't care about the on field product and it was obvious.

Point being, I NEVER liked the man as an on the field product owner and I never will.

You can love him, I won't.

Just because my opinion on the previous owner isn't in line with yours that means I hate the team.

That is the dumbest statement ever.

To me, Ralph was a crap owner who couldn't have cared less about the product put on the field. And that is the MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT of being an owner of a professional sports team.

I never kissed Ralph's butt like you people have.

So, he loaned the Raiders some money and he kept the team WNY.

How about the Toronto deal that screwed over the people of WNY, just to align his pockets?

The man didn't care about the on field product and it was obvious.

Point being, I NEVER liked the man as an on the field product owner and I never will.

You can love him, I won't.

I don't recall his pockets being crooked.

Its not luck when you have been caught cheating on multiple occasions.

Beyond that.... Happy Birthday Ralph. Love him or hate him. It makes no difference to me since I didn't know the man. I don't like or dislike a person without actually knowing them.

Edited by BigPappy

disrespect comes in many forms as seen in this thread.

....I believe his Will said his entire $1.2 BILLION dollar fortune must be dispersed to charities within a 20 year time frame......formulates an iron clad agreement to keep Bills in Buffalo until 2020 and gives away $1.2 BILLION to charity.....only the repulsive and despicable would sully this man.......put up a MAJOR investment of 25 grand in 1960, BIG dollars then......loaned out money to keep the fledgling league afloat....and had his earned criticisms as an "cheapskate absentee Detroit owner" early on, a 40 something investor watching his investment grow with zero re-investment.....yet he did slowly evolve....and to trash him today is as repugnant as it can get......and I'm sure those chastisers who now realize that Ralph's charitable givings may have benefited their loved ones will CERTAINLY fess up with their "mea culpas".....um right.....Godspeed Mr. Wilson..............