Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at his weakness from his scouting report at VT

Erratic footwork

Short

Locks onto recievers

Struggles processing defensive formations

He still struggles with all of those in year 7. That's why he feels pressure keeping a starting NFL job. His strengths allow him to provide a team a solid floor but his weaknesses limit his ability to improve beyond that. It's really that simple, unless he wants to blame his weaknesses on the color of his skin.

Erratic footwork

Short

Locks onto recievers

He still struggles with all of those in year 7. That's why he feels pressure keeping a starting NFL job. His strengths allow him to provide a team a solid floor but his weaknesses limit his ability to improve beyond that. It's really that simple, unless he wants to blame his weaknesses on the color of his skin.

God you are so sad

There are only so many starting positions in the NFL....TT has secured one of them.....his weaknesses are truly not that weak.

You just looking for something to B word about...maybe you can bring up passing yards again?

Frankly I think he has a point

Take a look at Tyrod's history....before he was even drafted people were trying to move him to wide receiver and away from quarterback because of his exceptional athletisism

QBs that you never heard of and are out of the league were taken in front of him.....he stuck to his guns and here he is

Say what you want about how good of a qb he actually is.....I respect the hell out of him

This isn't synonymous with "black."

Tyrod is held to a standard of not being the only QB in the NFL that has had 3 OC's in 3 years who are all deathly afraid of him passing the football.

This isn't synonymous with "black."

Tyrod is held to a standard of not being the only QB in the NFL that has had 3 OC's in 3 years who are all deathly afraid of him passing the football.

So your saying that "black" is not linked with the stereotype of "exceptionally athletic"

What world are you living in

Whether the stereotype is true or not it is there.....

Erratic footwork

Short

Locks onto recievers

Very well put.

God you are so sad

There are only so many starting positions in the NFL....TT has secured one of them.....his weaknesses are truly not that weak.

You just looking for something to B word about...maybe you can bring up passing yards again?

Incredibly poor post.......trying reading it again..................I highlighted it to make it easier for you.

or you could just continue with your negative B.S.

For the record, I read the Bills Wire piece before I posted and agree that the Bills Wire piece defended his position on mobile quarterbacks.

My point is that is a small portion of the longer article and not even in the first section. While that can be one takeaway from the article, the aggregation seems like it is the only takeaway and a complete story about race. That is not the case. Other quotes also can be found in the various social media promotion.

Here is a free link to the long piece:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/14/tyrod-taylor-unfiltered-win-everythings-great-lose-want-crucify/

Here is a free link to the additional quotes that cover a wide array of topics:

Http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/14/tyrod-Taylor-Unfiltered-bills-QB/

Judge for yourself based on the totality of the comments.

Thanks, Josh

So your saying that "black" is not linked with the stereotype of "exceptionally athletic"

And yet no one said Peyton Manning can't play WR because he's white. He couldn't play WR because he ran like an old man.

Your point is terrible because TT IS exceptionally athletic.

Reference a QB like McNabb or Bridgewater who both got classified as being more athletic than they truly were because they were black. Not TT.

Edited by jmc12290

For the record, I read the Bills Wire piece before I posted and agree that the Bills Wire piece defended his position on mobile quarterbacks.

My point is that is a small portion of the longer article and not even in the first section. While that can be one takeaway from the article, the aggregation seems like it is the only takeaway and a complete story about race. That is not the case. Other quotes also can be found in the various social media promotion.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/14/tyrod-taylor-unfiltered-win-everythings-great-lose-want-crucify/

Thanks, Josh

Josh,

Thanks....as usual the posts that spark the most negative opinion are usually snippets of a much bigger article that people dont see.

Very well put.

Incredibly poor post.......trying reading it again..................I highlighted it to make it easier for you.

or you could just continue with your negative B.S.

If im quoting truth its not a poor post.....but you go on ahead with your TT hate

And yet no one said Peyton Manning can't play WR because he's white. He couldn't play WR because he ran like an old man.

Your point is terrible because TT IS exceptionally athletic.

Reference a QB like McNabb or Bridgewater who both got classified as being more athletic than they truly were because they were black. Not TT.

Its about stereotypes here....not actual on the field performance.

You're correct. The story was not about race entirely, but as an editor, you obviously believed that his statements were important enough to dedicate a bold section within the piece to the comments on it. It's a hot topic in the NFL, therefore, newsworthy. We wouldn't write one single story that is essentially a recap of an entire long, well-written and interesting piece that subscribers will read for themselves. Tyrod said it, you published it, we provided our analysis, which Bills Wire does, and will continue to do. I understand your point, but you're missing ours. We all appreciate your access and we're all looking forward to the interview, but if you truly thought that that was 'taken out of context' than the full quotes should have been provided within today's story and not teased before Sunday's full post. We linked to the original story, saying Tyrod spoke on a variety of topics, so, no, we didn't make it seem like it was entirely about race.

Thanks, Josh

Edited by rquinn619

Take a look at Tyrod's history....before he was even drafted people were trying to move him to wide receiver and away from quarterback because of his exceptional athletisism

QBs that you never heard of and are out of the league were taken in front of him.....he stuck to his guns and here he is

Say what you want about how good of a qb he actually is.....I respect the hell out of him

BINGO!

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/14/bills-tyrod-taylor-believes-hes-held-to-a-higher-standard-because-hes-african-american/

Last year it was the media's fault when he sucked. Now he's being held to higher standard because he's black ?

He almost makes as many excuses as the fanatical taylorheads here. Try not being at the bottom of qb ranking lists. Leave the race nonsense alone.

"Haters" disappear when you're actually good at your craft like Cam, Jameis, Watson, and Wilson.

On this very message board there are numerous threads dedicated strictly to Cam "sucking". Edited by bobobonators

Really the race card is being used now as a excuse for him not doing well enough. Man this takes the cake, before it was everyone else at fault now it's because of race. Looks to me he is securing his spot for years to come here since OBD doesn't want to be called racist. SMH pathetic

If im quoting truth its not a poor post.....but you go on ahead with your TT hate

Its about stereotypes here....not actual on the field performance.

What? So when Logan Thomas converted to TE, was it because he was black?

Why is Thomas a TE, but RG3 not a WR?

Edited by jmc12290

John.............you seem to have a comprehension (more likely a projection) problem.

I do not "hate" Tyrod, just because I pointed out your mistake.

but you go ahead with your negative posts.

Really the race card is being used now as a excuse for him not doing well enough. Man this takes the cake, before it was everyone else at fault now it's because of race. Looks to me he is securing his spot for years to come here since OBD doesn't want to be called racist. SMH pathetic

The team is 3-2 with wins over Denver and last year's reigning NFC Champions

He IS doing well enough

Try again

John.............you seem to have a comprehension (more likely a projection) problem.

No mistake was made....it is simply a matter of opinion

You dont like mine...which is fine

What? So when Logan Thomas converted to TE, was it because he was black?

Why is Thomas a TE, but RG3 not a WR?

Do you think Logan Thomas converted because of race or because he has played the position previously and had exceptional size?

by the way....a totally different situation. Logan Thomas is still trying to prove he can play the position...TT is a 2 time pro bowler and a 3 year starter

Try again

Erratic footwork

Short

Locks onto recievers

...so why is such a simple, dead on, objective and accurate assessment so hard to accept?.....I'm having a hard time in finding his upbringing, college, skin color, sexual preferences/orientation, preferred retail outlets, vehicle choice(s) or whatever crap the "investigative dirt reporters" wanna dig up to deter your very "ON TARGET" assessment?...Steve Young (yup, HIM) said it best, " the reason why more collegiate QB's fail versus succeed at this level is because of the speed and complexity of the game"...so if Taylor is unable to adapt to the speed and complexity, try to convince me the kid did NOT give it his ALL...I have to acknowledge his effort to realize his life long dream to become a starting QB....some do, some don't but you're an azz to doubt this kid's heart........

Do you think Logan Thomas converted because of race or because he has played the position previously and had exceptional size?

by the way....a totally different situation. Logan Thomas is still trying to prove he can play the position...TT is a 2 time pro bowler and a 3 year starter

Try again

Holy smokes man.

Also, Thomas never played TE. Also, what's the difference between size and athleticism?

Edited by jmc12290

So you don't consider Tyrod to be exceptionally athletic but is instead just unfairly perceived that way because of his skin color?

Tyrod is black ? ... WTF

Seriously though... Tyrod, you're held to a higher standard because you're a QB, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm thinkin' we sign Testaverde and we can rail on Italians as a deterrent.....they're all in the Mob and eat ravioli on Sunday anyway, right???......

Boo !@#$ing hoo.

Taylor shouldnt even be mentioning himself in the same sentence is Aaron Rodgers. And Nobody talks about Russell Wilson this way, because he's a pocket passer, and a great quarterback. Last time I checked, the dude was black.

Taylor is far from "perfect". 180 yards. Give me a break.

Taylor, you do a lot of things well. You do a lot of things poorly, too. Learn how to be a better quarterback, and stop using the color of your skin as an excuse.

I'm thinkin' we sign Testaverde and we can rail on Italians as a deterrent.....they're all in the Mob and eat ravioli on Sunday anyway, right???......

I don't know about Vinny but you do have Marino, Montana, Romo etc....

Or maybe we can go Irish ... Ryan, Kelly, Fitz, O'Brien etc ....

Who knew though, I thought Taylor was an English guy.

....their sauce precludes the race card.....but...if they burn it, black results...now what??.......racist gumbas?..........

This was just a matter of time before it was public commentary - and its foolish, lazy, and myopic in nature regarding his introspection. As Ive said (ad nauseum) he is a very gifted athlete, has a strong arm, and a great character guy who does the work and loves the game. BUUUUUUUUT, those qualities dont necessarily translate to a good-great NFL QB.

He lacks the accuracy, height, pocket awareness, & football acumen to be a long-term high quality NFL QB. His throws are often low, behind or too high and an ability to adjust at the line is not there. Furthermore, he cant rally the troops to raise their game to meet the demand when crunch time comes. He holds the ball too long and cant read a Defense.

Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, even Jamies Winston are not categorized by race at all because theyre playing ability transcend any other category....

Now that Romo has been called Italian, I guess this proves race/ethnicity has nothing to do with QB'ing.

....don't be an azz and solely think racism is a color issue.....had a headhunter call me from Georgia about a CFO job and when he heard my last name, he said quote, " so you're one of them Eye-talians".....now what?....take the blindfold off......linguine or collard greens................

fback in 1816 we took a little trip, down the mississippi to the gulf of mexico... heeeyup, we fired our guns and the brittish kept a comin'...

In my opinion...

Fixed

I remember right before the draft there was all this Christian Mccaffrey is getting a raw deal because he is a "white" running back talk. It didn't get half the sarcastic nonsense and vitriol that topics like this get and will continue to get. The hard truth is that people have biases that they don't realize that they have on both sides of every conversation about race. People speak from their experiences and look at things from their own perspective. There will never come a day that the world is completely free of biases related to race but hopefully one day the majority of people will accept that there are things that other people go through that you don't completely understand and cant speak on in any definitive way. Its not because your a bad person but because your perception of someone else reality is incomplete. Seriously, how arrogant do you have to be to tell another man who you don't know what HE is or is not going through? It's ridiculous

essentially, most people don't care

Since I am the editor on the actual story and not what someone at another site decided to pull from it, let me say this: those are two quotes pulled from a 40-minute one on one sitdown with Taylor. And frankly, not a fair characterization of the thrust of the conversation.

The full piece along with a wide array of excerpts from the interview will be in the Sunday print edition of The Buffalo News. We also will be making more of it available to non BNblitz.com subscribers. If you are a print or digital subscriber, it is on the site now.

So maybe reserve judgment until you see the whole thing.

Josh

Since I am the editor on the actual story and not what someone at another site decided to pull from it, let me say this: those are two quotes pulled from a 40-minute one on one sitdown with Taylor. And frankly, not a fair characterization of the thrust of the conversation.

The full piece along with a wide array of excerpts from the interview will be in the Sunday print edition of The Buffalo News. We also will be making more of it available to non BNblitz.com subscribers. If you are a print or digital subscriber, it is on the site now.

So maybe reserve judgment until you see the whole thing.

Josh

But I wanted to scream and yell at him first..OK Ill reserve judgment. But the black quarterback quote ...I think black quarterbacks are held to a lower standard.

Whatever, dude.... You're just happy TT stands for the national anthem... :lol:

wait, so let me get this straight. one source who started the story took the full interview. another source took that interview to make it about race because some of the interview was about race?

welcome to !@#$ed up journalism and the embarrassment that is the media today.

So basically, the QB who leads the league in rushing yards since his first season starting thinks hes being labeled a mobile qb because he is black. Thats funny.

Let me guess, it has nothing to with his bottom of the league passing stats either.

QBs get judged on throwing the ball. Thats all that really matters. Taylors running ability is a bonus and he is praised every week by the announcers for it.

What was Johnny Football and Tim Tebow labeled? Was Taylor a pocket passer or a mobile QB in college?

Edited by BananaB

Actually, as Josh, the editor stated,that wasn't the entire interview. We took an interesting quote to discuss which itJosh didn't appreciate. Although, the writer of the actual story thought that was a pretty major takeaway, enough to push the entire story with a tweet about 'being a black QB.' So, I think that about covers it.

Sat down w/ Tyrod Taylor during the bye week. We talked about his haters, his motivators + being a black/mobile QB

wait, so let me get this straight. one source who started the story took the full interview. another source took that interview to make it about race because some of the interview was about race?

welcome to !@#$ed up journalism and the embarrassment that is the media today.

I guarantee there are fans that struggle with a black QB leading their team and I'm sure there are some that still wouldn't want TT as their QB even if he was a perennial probowler... Oh wait...

It's sad that it still happens, but it's out there, albeit I believe (naively perhaps) that it's getting better