Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

This was your conclusion to the piece?. A lot of butthurt Bills fans here.

Butt hurt? The Bills have the longest playoff loser streak in all of sports, can't win a SB when they do go now our starting QB points fingers at fans as to why he can't get it done by using the race card against them. Butt hurt? Come on man, fans can only take so much before they snap. What a hard life it is being a Buffalo Bills fan. Edited by xRUSHx

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was criticizing fans with the race card, his fans are Buffalo fans so yes I see it as a direct finger point at Buffalo.

Quote from article"Bills QB Tyrod Taylor believes he's 'held to a higher standard' because he's African-American"

Who is the one holding him to a higher standard? Well he works in Buffalo so that points the finger at Buffalo

Buffalo has some racist, idiot fans (see PPP for example).

But honestly, I think Taylor has been treated as well as any qb in recent memory. Fitz and Losman got way more criticism. I actually am impressed with Bills fans because race is never really part of the Tyrod conversation.

it is now. see the quoted post above. how he saw it as racist is beyond me. just making up **** to fit his hate agenda for taylor and nothing more. pathetic.

Butt hurt? The Bills have the longest playoff loser streak in all of sports, can't win a SB when they do go now our starting QB points fingers at fans as to why he can't get it done. Butt hurt? Come on man, fans can only take so much before they snap.

What does any of this have to do with your assertion TT is labeling Bill's fans as racists?

.500 is a winning record and Rogers brought them back against the Cowboys last week in the 4th. That was literally the most recent example available so without trying I will change the total of that record. Im not going to go back abd find more. Just figured I would put it in there since it only took 2 sec of thought.

The article I got the information from was made during the playoffs of last season. You can add to the record anything he did this year. Would it make you feel better if I took 2 seconds of work and changed the post to say 1-35?

Butt hurt? The Bills have the longest playoff loser streak in all of sports, can't win a SB when they do go now our starting QB points fingers at fans as to why he can't get it done. Butt hurt? Come on man, fans can only take so much before they snap.

The only one that seems "butt hurt" here is you. Why is that?

It takes a lot of effort and energy to come on here on a daily basis. A DAILY BASIS. And continue to rip a player on a team; a team that you presumably root for. A player, who on a bad day, is a leader on this team on the field, and a role-model off the field.

it is now. see the quoted post above. how he saw it as racist is beyond me. just making up **** to fit his hate agenda for taylor and nothing more. pathetic.

Bills QB Tyrod Taylor believes he's 'held to a higher standard' because he's African-American

Who holds him to a higher standard? Is it the fans of Buffalo that hold him to a higher standard?

I just read the article and its a bad look on Taylors part. There are racist idiots who are fans (see pets of Lovejoy and South Buffalo). But I (and maybe its because I dont hang out with racist losers). Have ever heard TT criticized because of his race.

Bad look Tyrod.

Bills QB Tyrod Taylor believes he's 'held to a higher standard' because he's African-American

Who holds him to a higher standard? Is it the fans of Buffalo that hold him to a higher standard?

that has absolutely nothing to do with calling bills fans racist. are you really that ignorant? he clearly said, in lament terms, he is black, a QB, therefore he feels he's held to a higher standard because of his race. he never said anything directed toward bills fans.

what you're doing here is taking it completely out of context to fit your agenda which is pathetic.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

If we are all to be honest, Taylor has been held to a higher standard in part because he is black. I think because he was an unheralded 6th round pick also causes many people to simply dismiss him as a qb. But since Taylor was named the starter there has been a segment of fans who are relentless in their criticism of this guy. And Taylor is certainly not perfect and deserves fair criticism for his play but there have been way too many gross exaggerations about his ability and performance not to think there is a little more going on.

that has absolutely nothing to do with calling bills fans racist. are you really that ignorant? he clearly said, in lament terms, he is black, a QB, therefore he feels he's held to a higher standard because of his race. he never said anything directed toward bills fans.

what you're doing here is taking it completely out of context to fit your agenda which is pathetic.

So please tell us who TT thinks are the racists? He obviously feels, since he brought up race and the color of his skin, that someone or some group of people out there treat or look at him differently because of his skin color (i.e. racism). So who do you think he is referring to? He is obviously referring to someone or a group of someones.

If we are all to be honest, Taylor has been held to a higher standard in part because he is black. I think because he was an unheralded 6th round pick also causes many people to simply dismiss him as a qb. But since Taylor was named the starter there has been a segment of fans who are relentless in their criticism of this guy. And Taylor is certainly not perfect and deserves fair criticism for his play but there have been way too many gross exaggerations about his ability and performance not to think there is a little more going on.

EJ, Trent, Fitz, And JP got way more criticism. Tyrod gets criticized because in a league where they basically want you to pass, he is one of the worst passing starters in the nfl. Thats it for most of his critics.

I know it blows some peoples minds but I really dont care what race someone is. Tyrod seems like a great dude who is an average to slightly below average nfl starter. Nothing more, nothing less.

Holy stretcherusky! This is a very telling thread. I think the people agreeing with TT are the ones that are most likely to be racist. The rest of the posters (myself included) never seem to have even given it a thought about his race. This stuff is crazy town.

He's held to a higher standard for a number of reasons and the key underlying factor is race.

He was a later pick because he was black..........he was discounted entirely as an option by most teams in FA because he was seen as gimmick "athletic"(black) QB.

Those teams were wrong.

Now that he is here, color is a factor for some..........but even for those who it is NOT......their opinions of him are impacted by his low pedigree.........which is very much related to race.

I've touched on this subject a lot lately...........the WR corps he's been saddled with is epically bad..........if Matt Stafford were here and had thrown only 5 TD's but had 5 interceptions and 2 fumbles........a lot of the same people here on TSW that are dogging Taylor would be MAKING excuses for Stafford because he's a high pedigree QB who "looks" the part of a white franchise QB.

McDermott and Beane have badly handled the WR situation and it's had a ripple effect offensively.........it has caused them to lose two games.......it may cause Zay Jones to become a waste of draft picks(MORE value than what they got for Sammy)........it has taken a bite out of Shady McCoy's quest for the HOF..........and it's got Taylor openly talking about basically not being given the same opportunitiy/benefit of the doubt that a white QB would get.

Explain Cam Newton going number 1 then - if race and mobility is what dropped TT - then why did it not impact Cam.

TT was a late round pick because of his size and his accuracy/passing ability. If he was 6-5 and 240 with the same athletic ability he had - he might have gone higher. If he had won in college - he may have gone higher.

What you have is a guy with rare athletic talent - maybe only 1 or 2 guys ever have been as gifted from the QB position to move the way he does. The difference is what is lacking in his game and that has nothing to do with the color of his skin. He is a hard worker, he is a good leader, but he is a below average QB that needs a lot of help.

I understand there is a lot more to the article, but this is the reason the author chose to highlight those quotes- it brings attention to an article that could stand on its merits, but in this bait click era (an the BN with their new pay wall is feeding this) the controversy is what sells.

Two thumbs down To both the BN for promoting it this way and this poster for feeding into it.

The critiques of his game haven’t changed.

He relies too much on his legs. He can’t throw across the middle. He can’t throw deep. He isn’t accurate. He can’t be trusted in the clutch.

In Taylor’s world, there’s little margin for error. But in an NFL where mediocre quarterback play is on display every Sunday, his teammates are often confused by the double standard.
“It frustrates me. And it makes me want to be better for him," said Bills tight end Charles Clay, their leading receiver (20 catches, 258 yards) before suffering a knee injury against the Bengals.

Knock it off your comment doesn't help. What is pathetic is the people who are criticizing Tyrod the most are getting blasted because they want more from this team are now being called racist. Before he couldn't get it done because everyone else on the team was a fail, the OC after OC after OC wasn't good enough and now Tyrod is running out of fingers to point so now the race card is used, it's pathetic. SMH, the way I see it is it was uncalled for, I used to like Tyrod as the person but even that he is failing at now

EJ, Trent, Fitz, And JP got way more criticism. Tyrod gets criticized because in a league where they basically want you to pass, he is one of the worst passing starters in the nfl. Thats it for most of his critics.

I know it blows some peoples minds but I really dont care what race someone is. Tyrod seems like a great dude who is an average to slightly below average nfl starter. Nothing more, nothing less.

EJ was held to a higher standard than the other three though for obvious reasons...

He was our most recent first round draft pick.

Edited by The Wiz

Little more going on ? He's a crappy qb who can't get it done. Rookie Deshaun Watson has double the Td's of Taylor in less games played.

Andy Dalton/Tony Romo get it done and get 20 times more crap flung in their direction.

This is BS.

Edited by Game Manager

So please tell us who TT thinks are the racists? He obviously feels, since he brought up race and the color of his skin, that someone or some group of people out there treat or look at him differently because of his skin color (i.e. racism). So who do you think he is referring to? He is obviously referring to someone or a group of someones.

very well said

Holy stretcherusky! This is a very telling thread. I think the people agreeing with TT are the ones that are most likely to be racist. The rest of the posters (myself included) never seem to have even given it a thought about his race. This stuff is crazy town.

Right on man Edited by xRUSHx

This is just sad. Are you drinking?

Racism is a funny thing. It's undeniably prevalent in our society in many directions because humanity naturally fears what's different, but our country is one of the select few in history (maybe the only one...?) to implement a race based slavery that existed for hundreds of years and reverberated in policy for at least another century (this was merely half a century ago) and people hate it when anyone pulls the "race card" because... why exactly? We're so much better for the last 50 years than we were for the previous 500?

People who don't like the race card being pulled should seriously examine why they dislike it so much.

I'm not saying the race card always deserves to be pulled, but these types of reactions are always so disturbingly intriguing.

First of all, yes, of course I was drinking.

The reason this pisses me off is because it's a ridiculous and stupid notion. Expectations aren't higher because he's black; expectations are higher because he's been in the league for seven !@#$ing years.

Let's not pretend that ANYONE is asking him to put up Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan numbers. No one is. The "expectation" for most Bills fans is that he finds an open receiver and accurately passes the ball to him.

That's a pretty basic expectation.

Lastly, I'm one of the more leftist board members, which many know. You don't need to tell me, or anyone else for that matter, that race relations are still horrible in this country.

For Tyrod Taylor to bring race into ANYTHING regarding his performance as an NFL QB is just plain stupid and nothing positive will come of it. Why is it stupid? Because - in this case - it has nothing to do with the color of his skin. He just isn't a good quarterback. That's why I, personally, am pissed that be "brought out the race card."

I can't wait for him to be gone. I might even hate him more than Flutie and THAT is something.

Peace.

The reason this pisses me off is because it's a ridiculous and stupid notion. Expectations aren't higher because he's black; expectations are higher because he's been in the league for seven !@#$ing years.

Let's not pretend that ANYONE is asking him to put up Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan numbers. No one is. The "expectation" for most Bills fans is that he finds an open receiver and accurately passes the ball to him.

Lastly, I'm one of the more leftist board members, which many know. You don't need to tell me, or anyone else for that matter, that race relations are still horrible in this country.

For Tyrod Taylor to bring race into ANYTHING regarding his performance as an NFL QB is just plain stupid and nothing positive will come of it. Why is it stupid? Because - in this case - it has nothing to do with the color of his skin. He just isn't a good quarterback. That's why I, personally, am pissed that be "brought out the race card."

I can't wait for him to be gone. I might even hate him more than Flutie and THAT is something.

Peace.

Short QBs have feelings too, man...

Peace.

I have never ever heard ANYONE say he can't be a good QB because he is black, ever. I agree it was a very stupid comment, fans of Buffalo have had enough sand thrown in their faces and to have their own starter do it digs even deeper when nobody is even saying it.

EJ was held to a higher standard than the other three though for obvious reasons...

He was our most recent first round draft pick.

Haha. EJ got criticizedthe second he was picked and I feel like a lot Bills fans never gave him a chance. But I never felt anything of it had to do with his skin tone.

I think most Bills feel EJ and Tyrod are great human beings but not good enough to be the long term qb of this team.

I think if people actually reread TT's entire interview (the original article); and then go read through the posts on this thread and this site in general, TT's comments about fans being bipolar and hateful are pretty accurate.

There are a dozen or so posters in this forum who do absolutely nothing but rip TT apart on a daily basis; no matter if there are 5 threads already open discussing the same nonsense, they'll open another just to perpetuate the nonsense. These posters make this site intolerable at times. As I speak, another thread was just created on Tyrod.

To continue that level of hate towards a single player takes energy. It takes dedication. It goes beyond just being a fan; it's almost personal. Why?

Edited by bobobonators

I think if people actually reread TT's entire interview (the original article); and then go read through the posts on this thread and this site in general, TT's comments about fans being bipolar and hateful are pretty accurate.

There are a dozen or so posters in this forum who do absolutely nothing but rip TT apart on a daily basis; no matter if there are 5 threads already open discussing the same nonsense, they'll open another just to perpetuate the nonsense. These posters make this site intolerable at times. As I speak, another thread was just created on Tyrod.

To continue that level of hate towards a single player takes energy. It takes dedication. It goes beyond just being a fan; it's almost personal. Why?

What did they do for Edwards Losman and Fitz ?

The exact same thing. Such nonsense.

What I find disturbing is the continued denial that racism no longer exists. How many times have you heard someone say "I'm not a racist, but....". We all know people that are racist, most are closet racists, political correctness has made racism less in your face. I recently had a conversation with a friend of mine about racism, one of his comments was that "black people should just get over it". He doesn't view himself as racist.

The fact that we all know racists why is it so hard to believe that Tyrod Taylor would have the perception that part of the criterion by which he is judged is his skin color?

I think if people actually reread TT's entire interview (the original article); and then go read through the posts on this thread and this site in general, TT's comments about fans being bipolar and hateful speak for themselves.

Holy crap are you reaching. Qbs get ripped more than any position in sports. Idiots were talking about Goff being a bust after 5 games!!!

Buffalo and Bills fans have racist losers in them. But I have never heard any personal attacks on Tyrod other than him not being good enough long term.

Reaching for racism is why got that orange idiot elected. This is insane.

Haha. EJ got criticizedthe second he was picked and I feel like a lot Bills fans never gave him a chance. But I never felt anything of it had to do with his skin tone.

I think most Bills feel EJ and Tyrod are great human beings but not good enough to be the long term qb of this team.

that goes without saying of every player the bills draft or sign. They will get your apart because they are on the team we follow.

I supported EJ all the way up to London. After that, I didn't want him to touch another ball for this team. Hope he does well for raiders but would not want him back.

What I find disturbing is the continued denial that racism no longer exists. How many times have you heard someone say "I'm not a racist, but....". We all know people that are racist, most are closet racists, political correctness has made racism less in your face. I recently had a conversation with a friend of mine about racism, one of his comments was that "black people should just get over it". He doesn't view himself as racist.

The fact that we all know racists why is it so hard to believe that Tyrod Taylor would have the perception that part of the criterion by which he is judged is his skin color?[/quote

Your friend is a racist. Most of the people criticizing Tyrod arent.

I always thought that BADOL had some of the worst takes on TBD....

I still do.

In regards to TT, I still respect him as a man and a leader, I don't believe he will end up being the franchise QB that this team will need.

I wish he hadn't made that comment. But I'm willing to give him a mulligan because character wise he's always owned up to his mistakes and his whole body of work to judge him on shows that's he's a man of integrity and character.

I was here for all of that. And considering how many games Tyrod has won, compared to Losman, Edwards, and FITZ...i'd say to do "the exact same thing" is ludicrous.

Fitz went what 10-25/10-30 his time here? So similar to Tyrod.

Flutie found a way to win a game at the end quite a bit. Tyrod hasn't really done that.

It's amazing the mythic proportions Flutie has taken on around here.

Having Reed, Moulds and Price to throw to--and in 1999, the #2 overall defense providing support--was a bit more help to Doug than what TT has to work with.

A comment board based on opinions so it's ok to prop Tyrod up to Rogers status but to criticize him at all it's a problem, now its racist? Only happy good comments on these boards people or your a hater and a racist.

I agree nonsense

Holy crap are you reaching. Qbs get ripped more than any position in sports. Idiots were talking about Goff being a bust after 5 games!!!

Buffalo and Bills fans have racist losers in them. But I have never heard any personal attacks on Tyrod other than him not being good enough long term.

Reaching for racism is why got that orange idiot elected. This is insane.

Dude, im not reaching for racism..i'm addressing the dozen or so posters that are constantly on here (we all know who they are) who literally have an obsession with criticizing Tyrod. Those fans are questionable, b/c it comes off as personal. That's all i'm saying.

It's amazing the mythic proportions Flutie has taken on around here.

Having Reed, Moulds and Price to throw to--and in 1999, the #2 overall defense providing support--was a bit more help to Doug than what TT has to work with.

HAHAH. Exactly.

A comment board based on opinions so it's ok to prop Tyrod up to Rogers status but to criticize him at all it's a problem, now its racist? Only happy good comments on these boards people or your a hater and a racist.

I agree nonsense

Right, b/c people do that.