Harvey Weinstein (and others) accused of sexual harrasement

RaoulDuke79

Also, it helps not to be a fat slob. And in this one rare case, it's probably better to be poor than rich as there's less to gain from the woman's perspective.

Keep in mind that taking advice from DC Tom on how to pick up a woman is like learning healthy living habits from Keith Richards.

keith_richards_dpa.jpg

Keep in mind that taking advice from DC Tom on how to pick up a woman is like learning healthy living habits from Keith Richards.

keith_richards_dpa.jpg

Keith has certainly exceeded expectations. It may be that sympathy for (and deal with) the devil. We will probably never know...

The article attached is quite the expose and probably the only thing you need to read about this. Buffalo mentions in as well:

Motion picture academy expels Harvey Weinstein from lifelong membership amid sex abuse allegations

The board of governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences held an emergency meeting to vote on whether to terminate accused serial sexual harasser Harvey Weinstein's membership.

Read more »

keith_richards_dpa.jpg

Given that Keith has outlived many, many people he should not have, I'll take his healthy living advice any day of the week.

Now pardon me while I go snort my dad's ashes...

Given that Keith has outlived many, many people he should not have, I'll take his healthy living advice any day of the week.

Now pardon me while I go snort my dad's ashes...

Make sure you take a video of it and talk dirty.

I am by no means excusing what he has done. Yet, what does this say about people?

But, but... Aren't some of these women complicit in what happened? Yet, they are pouring out of the woodwork without an ounce of shame. What did they think was going to happen as they sold their ideals down the river? Now they are all coming out on the sewer we call social media like it is not a reflection of their moral beliefs. Don't get me wrong, I haven't really followed this and don't know how many he actually forced himself on, that of course is a big criminal problem. Now the one's that gave willingly to his advances and they are all up in arms. What does this say about them? What did they think would get succumbing to a piece of ogre azz? You have to be kidding if they thought "sleeping their way to the top", putting out on the casting couch was perfectly normal. Is there any shame in people?

"I want to be a lion

Everybody wants to pass as cats

We all want to be big, big stars, but we got different reasons for that

Believe in me because I don't believe in anything

and I want to be someone to believe"

Yikes!

You make a good point. It goes to show that people want to be famous, no matter what they have to do to get it.

It's well known that Ziyi Zhang slept her way to the top, and she's never denied it.

This does not excuse Harvey Weinstein's disgusting behavior, it just shows that this part of Hollywood still exists.

Gwyneth Paltrow can come forward now and talk about what happened between her and Weinstein. Yet I wonder, is she going to give back her Oscar? How else does she think she won it? Because of her acting skills?

You make a good point. It goes to show that people want to be famous, no matter what they have to do to get it.

It's well known that Ziyi Zhang slept her way to the top, and she's never denied it.

This does not excuse Harvey Weinstein's disgusting behavior, it just shows that this part of Hollywood still exists.

Gwyneth Paltrow can come forward now and talk about what happened between her and Weinstein. Yet I wonder, is she going to give back her Oscar? How else does she think she won it? Because of her acting skills?

not only this but would she have done so should she have never made it? She enabled this by being a weakling

What am I missing here, Mark? I'm sure sleeping with Harvey helped actresses get roles---but an Oscar? Does he have enough power in Hollywood to sway the Academy votes?

What am I missing here, Mark? I'm sure sleeping with Harvey helped actresses get roles---but an Oscar? Does he have enough power in Hollywood to sway the Academy votes?

In the words of a famous referee. "Just give it to 'em"

Happens all the time I would imagine.

"Shakespeare in Love" over "Saving Private Ryan"? I'd say so.

If that's your evidence, then there are a whole lot of suspicious wins. And Harvey wasn't the producer for many/most of those. In fact, I'm disappointed with most Best Picture winners.

Not defending Weinstein (or Paltrow) in any way. He might have been responsible for getting her that plum role, but she still had to play it. I actually thought she was pretty good, in that particular role, though I wouldn't have voted for her. Some marginal actors are good in particular movies. I think I even liked the incredibly wooden Keanu Reeves in a role or two.

Harvey Weinstein has been notorious for buying lavish gifts to Academy members for years.

I don't have a news article to back this up, but while at Miramax, Weinstein managed to get his companies movies over 120 Oscar nominations, and they would secure nearly 70 Oscar wins.

Weinstein most of the time delivered, and I don't think that he only did it out of the kindness of his heart.

It may not seem like much proof, but was "Shakespeare in Love" that much better than "Saving Private Ryan", or "Life is Beautiful"?

It may not seem like much proof, but was "Shakespeare in Love" that much better than "Saving Private Ryan", or "Life is Beautiful"?

Of the three, how many make you stop what you're doing to finish watching the rest of the movie?

Harvey Weinstein has been notorious for buying lavish gifts to Academy members for years.

I don't have a news article to back this up, but while at Miramax, Weinstein managed to get his companies movies over 120 Oscar nominations, and they would secure nearly 70 Oscar wins.

Weinstein most of the time delivered, and I don't think that he only did it out of the kindness of his heart.

Oh, hell no! But my point was, I can say that most years, about the Best Picture Winner (or Best Actor, Director, etc).

But you are certainly right about how some throw a LOT of money on the Oscar push. But at a certain point, I figured that money all sort of cancel itself out, at some point. I didn't realize Harvey was known to be the "leader of the pack" in that area. Learned something new today. Thanks.

What?

She in fact did and does deny it. And she has won big settlements for defamation against news sources who pushed that story.

And it is not well known that she slept her way to anything. What is well understood is that she was a victim of a smear campaign and that the claims are not at all true.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Thoughts on the #metoo floating around? Makes about as much sense as athletes wearing pink to make me aware of breast cancer.

I'm not against the athletes wearing pink, as those articles of clothing/accessories are subsequently auctioned off to fund breast cancer research.

The #metoo crap ... I think it's crap. If it's bothering you, go talk to a professional; don't put it on social media just to get attention/pity.

I'm not against the athletes wearing pink, as those articles of clothing/accessories are subsequently auctioned off to fund breast cancer research.

The #metoo crap ... I think it's crap. If it's bothering you, go talk to a professional; don't put it on social media just to get attention/pity.

My issues with pink are twofold. One: there are shitloads of other diseases. Why this one? Why not all cancers. Two: IMO its only an attempt to get female viewers.

Thoughts on the #metoo floating around?

I think it's fine. It's a positive thing to shine a light on a problem that is way bigger than most people realize or are willing to admit. If it feels good for some women to share in this informal way and if it makes them feel part of a community, then cheers! If you don't like it, it's easy for you to ignore. It asks nothing of you and doesn't cost you anything at all. It makes no claim on your life.

Despite the damning allegations, I still appreciate Harvey's work. He had an illustrious career and that cannot be taken away from him. I thought he was absolutely brilliant in The Birdcage. Imagine my surprise when one of the most high profile openly gay actors in Hollywood is accused of assaulting so many women. I suppose that recognition provided him the perfect cover to pursue his true motive. The story is as sad as it is surprising.

I think it's fine. It's a positive thing to shine a light on a problem that is way bigger than most people realize or are willing to admit. If it feels good for some women to share in this informal way and if it makes them feel part of a community, then cheers! If you don't like it, it's easy for you to ignore. It asks nothing of you and doesn't cost you anything at all. It makes no claim on your life.

It won't be around long and I Agree. At dinner last night, we were talking about it and my 16 year old daughter was aghast to hear about the #metoo prevalence among women and completely stunned when my wife rattled off 3 stories.

Not a bad reminder to everyone how widespread the problem is and how it's OK to discuss it. Bring it into the light and it's more likely to go away.

Your average office sexual harasser is definitely having a worse week this week than pre-Weinstein, that's for sure. Unemployment claims may rise this week.

Edited by BeginnersMind

Thoughts on the #metoo floating around? Makes about as much sense as athletes wearing pink to make me aware of breast cancer.

I'm going to start a campaign #itwasme to answer their #metoo.

It'll go over well

It won't be around long and I Agree. At dinner last night, we were talking about it and my 16 year old daughter was aghast to hear about the #metoo prevalence among women and completely stunned when my wife rattled off 3 stories.

Not a bad reminder to everyone how widespread the problem is and how it's OK to discuss it. Bring it into the light and it's more likely to go away.

Your average office sexual harasser is definitely having a worse week this week than pre-Weinstein, that's for sure. Unemployment claims may rise this week.

#itwasme

Despite the damning allegations, I still appreciate Harvey's work. He had an illustrious career and that cannot be taken away from him. I thought he was absolutely brilliant in The Birdcage. Imagine my surprise when one of the most high profile openly gay actors in Hollywood is accused of assaulting so many women. I suppose that recognition provided him the perfect cover to pursue his true motive. The story is as sad as it is surprising.

post-1661-0-10028500-1508257484_thumb.jpg

Harvey wasn't in Birdcage.

Love how these actresses now are coming out on a soap box talking about being judged for being over weight. Jennifer Lawrence, I have no pity for you because you are a bit fluffy and the industry you are in requires looks to be a talent.

Not to mention that she is still thinner than the average woman in her late 20's. So, spare me.

Where was all this emotion before you made it big?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.