Harvey Weinstein (and others) accused of sexual harrasement

RaoulDuke79

I have yet to hear anyone from FOX News telling me who I should vote for (TRUMP), which charity I should be giving too (TRUMP), how I should be spending my money (TRUMP), which causes I should and should not be a part of (MAG, BLM), and how wrong I am for not doing what they say I should be doing (LIBERAL SNOWFLAKE).

Sean says hello...

And to think, I used to be proud to tell people Harvey got his start in Buffalo (Harvey and Corky productions). :doh:

I have to agree with Chef. When I was in TV industry in LA, I was shocked by the behavior of many of the top executives of studios and networks. Really turned me off to the whole industry. I never knew of any sexual abuse, but it doesn't surprise me, at all. But the treatment of underlings, in general, is abysmal in the industry. I always yelled back, when some jackass yelled at me. I'd tell a studio president to go fu@k himself. But I know some didn't feel like they had the freedom to do that (families, mortgages, etc).

However, I also think this kind of behavior goes on in many industries, among the "top dogs". What makes it worse in the entertainment industry is, it's not just money that's involved, but fame/celebrity. People will put up with a lot, it seems, to become famous. And, as we know from the treatment athletes get, fame cuts both ways. You get a big pass, most of the time, for bad behavior. But then, when you get caught and it becomes public, the blowback is much worse than if you were some unknown shmoe. Not that I feel bad for Weinstein. That POS deserves everything that's coming to him, IMO.

Is excited the right word?

This is a terrible story, long overdue to come out publicly but it's nothing for anyone to get "excited" about.

Is excited the right word?

This is a terrible story, long overdue to come out publicly but it's nothing for anyone to get "excited" about.

Excited? You say Tomato, I say Tomato...

I just can't get excited about this story when the kitty-grabber-in-chief is still in the WH...

So you're a !@#$ing hypocrite?

And talking about grabbing puzzy and raping, abusing, and threatening woman are very similar. Glad to see you've allowed politics to cloud your view of the world. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chef Jim

So you're a !@#$ing hypocrite?

And talking about grabbing puzzy and raping, abusing, and threatening woman are very similar. Glad to see you've allowed politics to cloud your view of the world. :rolleyes:

Not at all. One guy gets a pass and the other is wiped out and will likely be facing jail time. Tell me which of these two things is different...

And to think, I used to be proud to tell people Harvey got his start in Buffalo (Harvey and Corky productions). :doh:

I have to agree with Chef. When I was in TV industry in LA, I was shocked by the behavior of many of the top executives of studios and networks. Really turned me off to the whole industry. I never knew of any sexual abuse, but it doesn't surprise me, at all. But the treatment of underlings, in general, is abysmal in the industry. I always yelled back, when some jackass yelled at me. I'd tell a studio president to go fu@k himself. But I know some didn't feel like they had the freedom to do that (families, mortgages, etc).

However, I also think this kind of behavior goes on in many industries, among the "top dogs". What makes it worse in the entertainment industry is, it's not just money that's involved, but fame/celebrity. People will put up with a lot, it seems, to become famous. And, as we know from the treatment athletes get, fame cuts both ways. You get a big pass, most of the time, for bad behavior. But then, when you get caught and it becomes public, the blowback is much worse than if you were some unknown shmoe. Not that I feel bad for Weinstein. That POS deserves everything that's coming to him, IMO.

Yep, I remember a ton of concerts being run by Harvey & Corky back in the day. He's a UB grad too.

Not at all. One guy gets a pass and the other is wiped out and will likely be facing jail time. Tell me which of these two things is different...

:lol:

Ones illegal the other's not. Other than that they are !@#$ing identical. Did you fall and hit your head recently?

Yep, I remember a ton of concerts being run by Harvey & Corky back in the day. He's a UB grad too.

I had no idea. I attended a "few" of those as well.

There's more, darker, stuff to come with regards to HW. But if they go that far with it, it'll out a lot of folks who are not in the entertainment business. Which is why I expect the brakes to pumped on this story soon - though I hope they let the fire burn through.

Anytwo named Corey?

Wait a minute. Unwanted sexual advances are OK if no one files a legal complaint, but are despicable if they do?

Moron...

The "guy" who is being "wiped out" as you say for "unwanted sexual advances" is one of the most vile human beings you could ever meet. You might want to recalibrate your outrage on this one. This has nothing to do with politics or selective outrage - making it about that is missing the point.

He didn't come on to "women". He raped them. He's prone to violent outbursts and when all the (literal) skeletons come out of the closet on this "guy" you can't get "excited" about, you are going to see darkness that people have paid millions to keep hidden under the rug. And he's the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.