Harvey Weinstein (and others) accused of sexual harrasement

RaoulDuke79

Not sure why all this stuff is a a shocking revelation to all. I mean, the "casting couch" has been a cliche for years. I suppose it's like it always these days. More grist for the mill. Just think, if it's this bad in Hollywood, think how much worse it is in Washington? Hell, they can sic the IRS, legal system or any number of authoritarian bureaucracies on you if you don't fall in line.

It seems more prevalent in the entertainment industry for sure. But a substantial portion of people that want to get into it like the power and press and promises of sex. You ask any rock n roll star they will blab that its all about the music and then admit they did it for the girls.

That said, I happen to know a lot of rich guys, in a lot of different fields, and they are not much different when it comes to women.

It seems more prevalent in the entertainment industry for sure. But a substantial portion of people that want to get into it like the power and press and promises of sex. You ask any rock n roll star they will blab that its all about the music and then admit they did it for the girls.

That said, I happen to know a lot of rich guys, in a lot of different fields, and they are not much different when it comes to women.

I don't think it has as much to do with any particular industry as it does opportunity, in general.

The more powerful and wealthy you are, the more likely it is you have both the means and circumstance to be in Weinstein's position. Influential men taking advantage of less powerful women is a tale as old as time.

I don't think it has as much to do with any particular industry as it does opportunity, in general.

The more powerful and wealthy you are, the more likely it is you have both the means and circumstance to be in Weinstein's position. Influential men taking advantage of less powerful women is a tale as old as time.

I think Hollywood is different. There are countless numbers of women that want that fame and money and very few jobs, relatively speaking. Most of those women are hot of course so it kinda figures.

33000 post gets me a lot of kitty

I think Hollywood is different. There are countless numbers of women that want that fame and money and very few jobs, relatively speaking. Most of those women are hot of course so it kinda figures.

welp time to sound like a chauvinist again.

Most of these women in Hollywood are not even close to a 10. They're the eight and a half or 9, maybe even nine and a half. And they know it and they work their butt off to look better they get the surgeries to look better and all they want is to be accepted for their beauty and be thought of as a skill. These are the girls that got attention for looking good enough and being Hannibal enough that guy's gave him attention and that's all they've learned how to use that for their own betterment. These actresses, while many of them is killed, do not have the social awareness of an average person as they're always treated as a better looking person. And most of them are charismatic, as they've not had much to ever ruin their day and someone always there to brighten up a bad day. These are the girls that post on Instagram and Snapchat that I enjoy looking at because they can post a simple snap like who's hungry and wants to take me to dinner and get five or six guys want to come pick them up and take them anywhere. These are the same girls that post a picture of them scantily clad across their bed thinking that they're just showing Beauty and confidence and who they are well actually realizing the message they're sending only to look for the ability to retrieve anything possible. They sell themselves out for the attention and it becomes a lifestyle for them. I've known these girls all of my life and date them monthly. once in awhile look good girl mixes in there and will stick around for a while but I like these damaged girls, maybe because they're just like me... a girl

33000 post gets me a lot of kitty

welp time to sound like a chauvinist again.

Most of these women in Hollywood are not even close to a 10. They're the eight and a half or 9, maybe even nine and a half. And they know it and they work their butt off to look better they get the surgeries to look better and all they want is to be accepted for their beauty and be thought of as a skill. These are the girls that got attention for looking good enough and being Hannibal enough that guy's gave him attention and that's all they've learned how to use that for their own betterment. These actresses, while many of them is killed, do not have the social awareness of an average person as they're always treated as a better looking person. And most of them are charismatic, as they've not had much to ever ruin their day and someone always there to brighten up a bad day. These are the girls that post on Instagram and Snapchat that I enjoy looking at because they can post a simple snap like who's hungry and wants to take me to dinner and get five or six guys want to come pick them up and take them anywhere. These are the same girls that post a picture of them scantily clad across their bed thinking that they're just showing Beauty and confidence and who they are well actually realizing the message they're sending only to look for the ability to retrieve anything possible. They sell themselves out for the attention and it becomes a lifestyle for them. I've known these girls all of my life and date them monthly. once in awhile look good girl mixes in there and will stick around for a while but I like these damaged girls, maybe because they're just like me... a girl

All I took from this was you don't think a 9.5 is close to a 10.

All I'm saying is that if Bradley Cooper or Ryan Gosling pulled the same shenanigans, I don't think there would be all of the hioplah. The deck is stacked against ugly fat guys.

that's not at all the case, as look at all the men who have done this in the past. Howard Hughes might be an example, or any of the old Rat Pack, JFK, many people did this and they got away with it and it's not about being fat or powerful it's just the way it is when someone finds a way to get at you when you're no longer in the popular seat and there's a reason to take you down in the end the bigots, Hypocrites and scum of Hollywood will forget this just like they did Mel Gibson, Roman Polanski, Bill Pullman, and so many others. It won't be long until they find a way to bring back Cosby either

All I took from this was you don't think a 9.5 is close to a 10.

well, I do believe a flat chested women could never be a 10

Douchebag OReilly paid $32m to some Fox Analyst to settle a sexual harassment suit. Fox knew, and still renewed his contract. That musta been some doozy of harassment to pay 32 million. Ouch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/business/media/bill-oreilly-sexual-harassment.html

I hate settlements in things like this. It's always about non disclosure and the risk of certain things getting out there decided by some actuary.

Douchebag OReilly paid $32m to some Fox Analyst to settle a sexual harassment suit. Fox knew, and still renewed his contract. That musta been some doozy of harassment to pay 32 million. Ouch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/business/media/bill-oreilly-sexual-harassment.html

I'm not gay, but 32 million is 32 million....he could harass me every day of the week and twice on sunday.

That it was a very gratuitous tip.

I love me a good double entendre and THIS is fantastic!

What would you tell people about how you are so rich?

I wouldn't flaunt it. Maybe a pink Cadillac, a nice fur and a white Christmas tree. But other than that, I'd lay low.

Why does a me too type movement matter? Do you think this big story out of Fidelity would have broken now otherwise?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/at-fidelity-new-fallout-from-claims-of-sexual-harassment-bullying-1508677202

And surely a lot more of these stories are happening in workplaces in the last month.

Edited by BeginnersMind

Why does a me too type movement matter? Do you think this big story out of Fidelity would have broken now otherwise?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/at-fidelity-new-fallout-from-claims-of-sexual-harassment-bullying-1508677202

And surely a lot more of these stories are happening in workplaces in the last month.

Sure, but that's action coupled with awareness. Awareness alone, especially social media awareness, is not a solution.

that's not part of #metoo. But, #feels good to think so.

Meanwhile Corey Feldman, who has re-ignited his claims of pedophilia in Hollywood when he was young, is coincidentally arrested for possession of marijuana

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4740896/ex-child-star-corey-feldman-arrested-for-marijuana-possession-after-speaking-out-about-hollywood-paedo-ring-amid-weinstein-scandal/

Less than a few hours after he promised to name names.

Nothing to see here. We don't live in a world where pedophillia is protected by those in power.

That is like saying that you cannot walk 10 steps when you have only taken one.

The awareness matters. This last week in HR does not happen without the heightened awareness.

Not true. Sexual harassment suits got filed before people started tweeting hashtags or the world learned about HW.

That is like saying that you cannot walk 10 steps when you have only taken one.

The awareness matters. This last week in HR does not happen without the heightened awareness.

oh ok, but how's that #bringbackourgirls and #allthatotherbullshit going? Hashtags are for idiots who are too stupid to take action

#lookatmeimanactivist

Obviously, a hashtag is no substitute for real life activism. I can’t believe I’m defending this, since I’ve never been on the Facepants or Assbook or Instacrap and I don’t follow all the Twits. BUT… if it makes people feel good, if it helps some people who are hesitant to speak up to have some small voice and a way to feel part of a community and to feel some empathy from others who have suffered… how is this not a positive thing? In any case, it doesn’t do any harm and it’s easy enough to ignore if you don’t like it. Is this not what these social media thingies are there for? Is this not a good example of people using it in a positive way?

The fact that someone would go out of his way to poopoo this kind of thing is odd to me. I think it shows a person’s bias, because I don’t think it’s the medium that’s really being objected to—I think it’s the core message. And I can’t see any reason for a person to bother standing up to say this is not a worthwhile message. It IS worthwhile.

Obviously, a hashtag is no substitute for real life activism. I cant believe Im defending this, since Ive never been on the Facepants or Assbook or Instacrap and I dont follow all the Twits. BUT if it makes people feel good, if it helps some people who are hesitant to speak up to have some small voice and a way to feel part of a community and to feel some empathy from others who have suffered how is this not a positive thing? In any case, it doesnt do any harm and its easy enough to ignore if you dont like it. Is this not what these social media thingies are there for? Is this not a good example of people using it in a positive way?

The fact that someone would go out of his way to poopoo this kind of thing is odd to me. I think it shows a persons bias, because I dont think its the medium thats really being objected toI think its the core message. And I cant see any reason for a person to bother standing up to say this is not a worthwhile message. It IS worthwhile.

#itwasme

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.